AuthorTopic: You want to walkabout it?  (Read 18051 times)

Offline roamer

• Global Moderator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Re: You want to walkabout it?
« Reply #180 on: August 09, 2017, 11:19:40 AM »
Sad to hear about the SUN saga gone awry.  I feel a tinge of responsibility to this saga seeing how WHD and I baked the initial vision up prior to my oil days.  Funny thing is my life is just sort of materializing along the SUN vision now.  I am helping my girlfriend run her grass based dairy farm, working part time in the wind industry and building and experimenting with permaculture part time. 

I have land access, resources and some pretty capable contacts, I'd be willing to build and document and release ownership of the right type of project for material reimbursement from SUN.  Just throwing the idea out there...

Offline roamer

• Global Moderator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 09, 2017, 11:21:58 AM »
Also should throw out I have a 4k professional grade drone for stellar documentation and blogging purposes. 

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 09, 2017, 11:25:33 AM »
I am so lucky.  I got a complete asshole for the Executor of my Will.  ::)

RE

No, not complete. I still have room to expand my assholedom, and am presented with another opportunity daily.

It's a daily task to complete becoming a total asshole.  I should know.  I work on this one every day and I am still not quite there.  But I am getting close.  :icon_sunny:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #183 on: August 09, 2017, 12:21:52 PM »
Sad to hear about the SUN saga gone awry.  I feel a tinge of responsibility to this saga seeing how WHD and I baked the initial vision up prior to my oil days.  Funny thing is my life is just sort of materializing along the SUN vision now.  I am helping my girlfriend run her grass based dairy farm, working part time in the wind industry and building and experimenting with permaculture part time. 

I have land access, resources and some pretty capable contacts, I'd be willing to build and document and release ownership of the right type of project for material reimbursement from SUN.  Just throwing the idea out there...

Sounds good to me.  If you want to take control of SUN we can arrange for that.  I think we'd just need to add you as a board member and then change SUN's address to reflect wherever you are.  I'm going OTR, as I'm sure you are aware since you have commented on this thread.  All that's left is to pass the DOT physical and hair follicle and urinalysis drug tests.  I just paid for a hair follicle test and it came back negative, so no worries there.  Just have to pass the DOT physical which I don't anticipate any problems with.  The tentative start date for me is Sept 2 up in Wisconsin.  Training schedule is mon-fri all day and then 4 hours Saturdays.  It's a four week program.  Maybe I can come visit you.  Are you in Wisconsin? 

If you want to take the helm of SUN you'd have my support.  I'd rather see RE's money be used for something permaculture like.  Otherwise we'll probably just donate the money to some worthy cause and then dissolve the non-profit.  Once RE dies that is.