AuthorTopic: C5 here, Stopping by to say Hi  (Read 336 times)

Offline cernunnos5

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
C5 here, Stopping by to say Hi
« on: August 14, 2017, 12:50:40 PM »
The name says it all. I write as Category5 over at Dark Green Mountain Survival Research Centre. My wife and I live on a 110 acre doomstead in rural Nova Scotia farmland and have presently been down in an unnamed South American Mega City as volunteers doing "development work". I have been squirling away low energy survival skill already in use down here and passing that info to my readers up north.

I recently gave a shout out to Re because of his latest experiments in Van living. Having spent a decade of my life living that way, I still promote it for people in his condition, even with its heavy pros and even heavier cons. I consider it Exteme Prophylactic Poverty Reduction Prepping.

Then I thought to myself, What the heck. I might as well just pop my head in the dinner door and say, "Hi, fellow brothers and sisters of the apocalypse".

I have been doing some version of Adaptation to an insane world, since the age of 10 when I first grasped what Exponential Growth ment. I have been through Most of the survivalist fashions, from trying to live like an indian, to the boonie cap wearing survivalist drag queen phase so many go through to the Nomadic Road Warrior phase, The Chris Mccandles phase, The , ita all a conspiracy phase, the deep woods cabin phase and a bunch more phases not worth mentioning. I now sit comfortably doing the lazy mans Permaculture phase and still have a couple years left in me before I enter the great beyond and cause trouble there, either by decomposing badly or picking a fight with the gods, whichever happens.

May your food pantries grow large and your gardens grow larger...and your friends grow largest.

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: C5 here, Stopping by to say Hi
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 02:36:33 PM »
The name says it all. I write as Category5 over at Dark Green Mountain Survival Research Centre. My wife and I live on a 110 acre doomstead in rural Nova Scotia farmland and have presently been down in an unnamed South American Mega City as volunteers doing "development work". I have been squirling away low energy survival skill already in use down here and passing that info to my readers up north.

I recently gave a shout out to Re because of his latest experiments in Van living. Having spent a decade of my life living that way, I still promote it for people in his condition, even with its heavy pros and even heavier cons. I consider it Exteme Prophylactic Poverty Reduction Prepping.

Then I thought to myself, What the heck. I might as well just pop my head in the dinner door and say, "Hi, fellow brothers and sisters of the apocalypse".

I have been doing some version of Adaptation to an insane world, since the age of 10 when I first grasped what Exponential Growth ment. I have been through Most of the survivalist fashions, from trying to live like an indian, to the boonie cap wearing survivalist drag queen phase so many go through to the Nomadic Road Warrior phase, The Chris Mccandles phase, The , ita all a conspiracy phase, the deep woods cabin phase and a bunch more phases not worth mentioning. I now sit comfortably doing the lazy mans Permaculture phase and still have a couple years left in me before I enter the great beyond and cause trouble there, either by decomposing badly or picking a fight with the gods, whichever happens.

May your food pantries grow large and your gardens grow larger...and your friends grow largest.

Welcome C5, and don't be a stranger!
"...reprehensible lying communist..."

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: C5 here, Stopping by to say Hi
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 05:06:42 PM »
Welcome C5. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.