PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Where we are at

AuthorTopic: Where we are at  (Read 461 times)

Offline Palloy2

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Where we are at
« on: August 16, 2017, 07:24:59 PM »
https://palloy.wordpress.com/2017/08/17/2336/
"The State is a body of armed men."

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Where we are at
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 08:22:28 PM »
I was beginning to think you weren't coming back, and I felt very bad about that, especially in light of RE's rough patch. Welcome back. You were missed.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 08:27:46 PM »
Or not? Your posting a link to  a new blog. Well, whatever. I'll read it.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 09:55:06 PM »

Palloy!  You started your own blog!  Good for you!

Are you going to open up the commentariat there?

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 09:59:51 PM »

RE

I agree, the bears were here first.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 10:17:06 PM »

RE

I agree, the bears were here first.

Dinosaurs were here before the Bears.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
RE arrives and the takeover begins.
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 07:02:18 AM »
RE is here.  I made it to the Airport on time.  We are planning the takeover now.  Trouble is we have 5 Escalades parked outside with men in black suits and three helicopters are circling the house.

RE and K-Dog
RE and K-Dog

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 07:28:51 AM »
He needs a MMJ card, or at least some of your private stock. It'll make him feel better.

Keep calm and carry on.

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 07:29:58 AM »
RE...please...get K-Dog to get you some CBD oil and see if helps you.

Offline vwclown

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 07:59:47 AM »
Great idea, Eddie!  Could possibly help with our Fearless Leader's comfort and appetite.  Thinking about you, RE, and of course, K-Dog.  vwclown

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 09:47:30 AM »
Great idea, Eddie!  Could possibly help with our Fearless Leader's comfort and appetite.  Thinking about you, RE, and of course, K-Dog.  vwclown

Thanks to both of you, both suggestions are being taken up.  Use of the private stock needed no prodding but I just happen to have some Charlotte's web hemp extract so I will be offering that to him when he gets up from his nap.  He had a busy day yesterday and they don't call it the red eye for nothing.  He wanted to get up at 9:30 but I'll get him up at 10:00 since traffic will be better after the morning rush and 9:30 or 10:00 will work out the same for getting us to Wallmart for supplies.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 11:33:09 AM »
Back in the land of the semi-living.

K-Dog's place is great with a real comfortable couch.  :icon_sunny:

We shot the breeze from around 5AM when I arrived until a little after 7AM, then I finally crashed after being up basically continuously for 24 hours.

Right now we are both working at laptops.  K-Dog is on mine trying to remove some Malware I apparently picked up signing on to the Wi-Fi at the airport, because the computer was fine when I left the digs yesterday.  I am sitting on his laptop composing this post for the Diner.

After we finish this, plan for the day is to go buy K-Dog some Preps for the TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE SUN☼ (he needs EVERYTHING!  :o ), then go to the Computer Museum and other hot tourist spots in Seattle.  We still didn't decide whether we will go to El Gaucho for dinner or not.

Tomorrow we have another early wakeup call for my flight to Spokane, where I meet up with Brian again, then we pick up the rental Stealth Van, load with Brian's Preps, go shop for preps we don't have and then get on the road for the TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE SUN☼ adventure.  :icon_sunny:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline luciddreams

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2017, 04:39:08 PM »
Back in the land of the semi-living.

K-Dog's place is great with a real comfortable couch.  :icon_sunny:

We shot the breeze from around 5AM when I arrived until a little after 7AM, then I finally crashed after being up basically continuously for 24 hours.

Right now we are both working at laptops.  K-Dog is on mine trying to remove some Malware I apparently picked up signing on to the Wi-Fi at the airport, because the computer was fine when I left the digs yesterday.  I am sitting on his laptop composing this post for the Diner.

After we finish this, plan for the day is to go buy K-Dog some Preps for the TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE SUN☼ (he needs EVERYTHING!  :o ), then go to the Computer Museum and other hot tourist spots in Seattle.  We still didn't decide whether we will go to El Gaucho for dinner or not.

Tomorrow we have another early wakeup call for my flight to Spokane, where I meet up with Brian again, then we pick up the rental Stealth Van, load with Brian's Preps, go shop for preps we don't have and then get on the road for the TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE SUN☼ adventure.  :icon_sunny:

RE

Glad to hear that you made it to the lower 48.  Enjoy your adventure! 

Offline monsta666

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2017, 04:41:59 PM »
Have a good holiday take plenty of snaps and most important have a good time!

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2017, 11:44:49 PM »
We got The Plan executed again for today for getting K-dog Prepped for the trip.  :icon_sunny: It was however another exhausting day for RE.  ::)

I got a LOT of GREAT pics at the Computer Museum, but I had to do a lot of walking around the museum to get them.  A lot of walking in a day totally wrecks me.  So when we got back around 6PM I crashed on the couch.  I woke up around 8:30 PM, too late to go out to dinner.  Dinner was morphed from a fancy dinner at El Gaucho to a Hot Dog and Baked Beans and Broccoli steamed by K-Dog.  I was able to eat 4 Spoonfuls of Baked Beans and 2 slices of a Hot Dog and one Floret of Broccoli, along with half a Mandarin Orange for Dinner.  I had another half of a Mandarin Orange for breakfast.  I didn't puke.  This is good progress for me!  :icon_sunny:

We have a wake up call for 4AM and then K-Dog is supposed to ship my crippled ass to the airport for a 6:30AM flight.  The Wheelchair Jockeys should pick me up at the Ticket Counter after K-Dog drops my carcass out onto the curb in front of the Alaska Airlines terminal.  Then they roll me onto the plane, and the reverse occurs once I land in Spokane, where Brian picks me up at the curb after the Wheelchair Jockeys there deposit the decrepit Meat Package on the curb in front of baggage claim.

We're not sure now whether we will rent a mini-van or just take Brian's Toyota Pickup with a topper.  He got his A/C recharged.  This would save a good deal of money.  We'll decide on this one tomorrow morning, assuming I arrive still breathing.  I will NOT do much walking tomorrow!  I will either be sitting in the passenger seat or riding around on electric Go-Karts for Cripples at superstores.  K-dog can testify I am an EXPERT driver of these vehicles after watching me IN ACTION at Walmart while we shopped for his Preps.  I avoided all potential collisions with the carts being pushed by two-legged Homo Saps that still work, as well as all potential collisons with kids who are not watching what they are doing and parents are not watching them.  I amintain my history of Accident-Free Miles right to the End!   :icon_sunny:

K-Dog has been convinced by myself, Brian and his Wife that he needs to take off earlier on the drive to not get caught up in the "Woodstock" style traffic that is likely to occur on Sat and Sunday in particular. "The New York State thruway is CLOSED, man!."  He has already gone to bed to catch some shut-eye.  So hopefully he will wake up on time.  My sleeping schedule is so fucked up there is no telling whether I will be awake or asleep, or in fact alive or dead in 5 hours.

One MAJOR piece of Bad Newz is that my cell phone Batt appears to have chosen this particular time after 4 years of Faithful Service to start quitting on me.  It's not taking a charge well.  I do have backups for this, although they are cumbersome.  I can plug the phone into the laptop, so I should be able to call Brian or Text him when I arrive in Spokane tomorrow.  I should have switched out Batts on this phone over a year ago though.   ::)

OK, we'll see how tomorrow goes.  I will edit today's pics when I get the chance.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN