AuthorTopic: Eclipse 2017  (Read 315 times)

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Eclipse 2017
« on: August 23, 2017, 03:48:43 AM »
Traveled to South Carolina to have a shot at getting into the path of totality. Made it. Road construction and wrecks caused by men in too-large trucks bristling with testosterone turned the travel time by 50 per cent. Little time to write, let alone load images. But here are a couple.

First composite.

Diamond Ring.

Totality.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Eclipse 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 04:57:49 AM »
Your pics look AWESOME Surly!  :icon_sunny:

I got mostly video from the Annular Eclipse on either side of Totality where I did Play-by-Play Sportscasting of the ACTION.  I didn't want to disturb my audio track by pulling the filter for TOTALITY, so that segment shows just black screen.  My intention was to shoot the totality portion with another camera, but some jackass knocked my tripod off line and I had no time to try and fix that and still watch it myself and do the audio.

What I was going to do was perhaps drop in photos from NASA in that portion of the vid, but then we would not have the full Copyright on the video.  If we use your pictures, it is 100% ours.  If you are amenable, I will send you the 4 video clips I was going to splice together to make the video to put together for a combined presentation of the TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE SUN☼.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN