AuthorTopic: Diner-SUN☼ Convocation 2018 Early Planning  (Read 600 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Diner-SUN☼ Convocation 2018 Early Planning
« on: September 05, 2017, 12:43:18 AM »

Assuming I am still above ground in 2018, I've been thinking about possibilities for a Diner-SUN☼ Convocation next year.  Also of course, we still will need BAU to be ongoing, if the monetary system has crashed and there is no gas at the pumps, we won't be able to pull off any of the ideas I have in mind.

I have two dates I have affection for as symbolic astronomically, the Spring Equinox on March 20th and the Summer Solstice on June 21st.  However, I am not married to either date, if they don't work for the most Diners and there is another date that works better, then we go for that.  For a full convocation, you will need about a week of time surrounding the center date, but a smaller one could be arranged just doing a long weekend.

Four main ideas have come to me so far:

1- A Convocation at Eddie's Toothstead in TX on either the Equinox or Solstice dates.  This would basically be a fixed location adventure where we invite in a couple of Clinicians to do seminars.  Suggestions for clinicians :hi: .  Big Mangalitsa Pig Roast Luau! I'll ship down Alaskan King Crab, Scallops, Salmon and Halibut for a big pot of Seafood Chowder too! Relaxing evenings around the campfire smoking ganja and drinking hootch.  :icon_sunny:

2- A Convocation here in Alaska on the Solstice date.  For this, in addition to SaVANah I would rent a Big Ass Diesel Pusher to tour from the fishing and whale watching down on the Kenai Peninsula to hiking and white water rafting around Denali National Park, and maybe also a ride on the AK Railroad.  The full AK tourist experience in other words.

3- A Convocation in the Pacific Northwest, centered at Quinn's Hot Springs Resort at the Solstice, site of my HISC Novel..  There I will rent a couple of cabins and/or a Big Ass Diesel Pusher, probably driving down there in SaVANnah over the Al-Can so there are two sleeping vehicles available.  With additional tenting, easily we can have 10 people on the adventure.

4- Totally different.  In this one, we pick up a couple of Class 3 RVs in South Carolina, and tour the DOOMED cities of the Northeast, Baltimore, Washington, New York & Boston, then back to SC to drop off the Bugout Machines and all fly home to our various destinations.  I don't expect this will be a popular choice, but I thought I might as well throw it out there.

The hastily put together Convocation at the TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE SUN☼ in Rexburg, Idaho turned out to be a fabulous success on all levels.  A well planned and well organized Covocation for 2018 can be even better, although of course no incredible visuals like the SUN☼ in Total Eclipse, but I think there will be plenty of other things to make up for that.

Your suggestions for other ideas or expansion on any of these ideas are most :hi:

RE
Save As Many As You Can