AuthorTopic: ***YOUR BUSTED***  (Read 8462 times)

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: ***YOUR BUSTED***
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2017, 12:30:54 PM »
The website is an eyesore and apparently has been created by someone who taught themselves web-design in the 1990s and decided anything beyond garishly coloured static HTML is just giving in to them.

That's the understatement of the year.  That is the ugliest website I have seen in a long time.

RE

That's it....
You've had all fucking day to work me over like a cheap suit & all I get from
you is poor website design, REALLY ?
Well it's better than Surly's bullpen oration. That wasn't even worth a reaction.
Hope you enjoy the fireworks as much as I do.

Life's a stage & we're merely just bit players.
Sir Francis Bacon.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2017, 12:38:46 PM »

What's to work you over with?  You just drop on these links to tweak people who are anti-conspiracy website.  The only thing that struck me visiting the link was how god-awful ugly it was.  I read about 3 paragraphs on the first page which had nothing of interest to me.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2017, 02:10:31 PM »
Well it's better than Surly's bullpen oration. That wasn't even worth a reaction.

Then next time, read for comprehension. Or get someone to read it to you.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2017, 02:42:52 PM »
http://aprillajune.com/rogue-cia-gives-nuke-tech-north-korea-via-uranium-one-iran-deal/

ROGUE CIA GIVES NUKE TECH TO NORTH KOREA VIA URANIUM ONE AND IRAN DEAL

Let's put this bullshit to bed once and for all.

What Is the Uranium One 'Scandal?' Well...

Would you like cheese with your nothingburger?

Getty
DEC 21, 2017

Periodically, we hear about the so-called "Uranium One" scandal, a conservative fantasy in which Hillary Clinton somehow engineered the sale of nuclear materials to Russia. Strangely, it seems to crop up every time there's a damaging news report about President Trump's own ties to Russia.

NBC News reported Thursday morning that the Justice Department, under the direction of Attorney General Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III, is once again looking into the Uranium One deal—and even whether a special counsel is needed to investigate. Notice how eager Republicans are to work "Russia," "special counsel," and "Hillary Clinton" into a news story. And notice that there's also a report today that could bolster the obstruction of justice case against President Trump:

Welp. WH counsel Don McGahn discussed with Trump his concerns about Flynn lying to the FBI (& potentially violating Logan Act) in January — well *before* Trump fired Comey. Prosecutors say these records may bolster obstruction case against Trump.

You'd want people to talk about uranium, too. NBC provided a lowdown on what Republicans say the Uranium One scandal is:

At issue is a 2010 transaction in which the Obama Administration allowed the sale of U.S. uranium mining facilities to Russia's state atomic energy company. Hillary Clinton was secretary of state at the time, and the State Department was one of nine agencies that agreed to approve the deal after finding no threat to U.S. national security...As the New York Times reported in April 2015, some of the people associated with the deal contributed millions of dollars to the Clinton Foundation. And Bill Clinton was paid $500,000 for a Moscow speech by a Russian investment bank with links to the transaction.

What NBC doesn't mention up top is that the story was fed to the Times from a book called Clinton Cash, which was written by a Breitbart editor and funded by a political action group tied to Steve Bannon and his billionaire benefactor, Robert Mercer. Essentially, this story is the product of a verifiable swamp of Trumpists. It is not real, which NBC lays out farther down:

Nonetheless, the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States, known as CFIUS, approved the deal by a unanimous vote, according to public reports. Clinton was just one member of the nine member CFIUS by virtue of her role as Secretary of State. The other eight members of CFIUS came from Treasury, Homeland Security, Commerce, Defense, Energy, the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative, the Office of Science & Technology, and the Justice Department.
Defenders of the deal point out that the Russians don't have a license to export the uranium out of the U.S., and that the Nuclear Regulatory Commission found no risk to national security. Clinton has said she was not involved in the deliberations and played no role in the decision. Jose Fernandez, a former assistant secretary of state, told the Times that he represented the department on the committee, and that "Mrs. Clinton never intervened with me on any C.F.I.U.S. matter."

This story was also debunked months ago, and more recently. Those debunkings include one by Shep Smith of Fox News:

They also include an expert cross-examination of a conservative talking head by MSNBC's Joy Reid:

This scandal is not real. It's a distraction. You know that because, as usual, Donald Trump has made the political machinations of the Republican Party explicit. In his eagerness and his foolishness, he spelled out the plan to reporters:

"That's your Russia story," said the president. "That's your real Russia story. Not a story where they talk about collusion—and there was none. It was a hoax. Your real Russia story is uranium."

Hey, Mr. President: You're giving away the game again. The Republicans' goal here is to get another Russia storyline going that targets Trump's vanquished opponent, or get a second special counsel appointed, or both. That way, they can muddy the waters and say that there was all kinds of collusion, and Russia was everywhere, and why is the Fake News Media and the corrupt Robert Mueller (whom, when he was first appointed, Republicans almost universally praised) only concentrating on the president?

This is classic authoritarian politics, where the line between fact and fiction is gradually erased until all that matters is what team you're on. Oh, you say Trump colluded? Well I say Clinton colluded, and she gave them uranium! Never mind that they can never export the uranium, and that there's no evidence Clinton had anything to do with the deal.

The Republican caucus.
Getty

This isn't the only way Trump's authoritarian lackeys are trying to muddy the waters, either. Just yesterday, Politico reported that House Republicans are trying to gin up corruption claims against officials at the Justice Department and the FBI. The move is led by Devin Nunes, who now has an extensive record of trying to obstruct Russia investigations that includes switching cars so he could go to the White House grounds late at night, undetected, to receive classified information from an unidentified source. Talk about embracing your role providing oversight of the executive branch.

If authoritarianism does take root in this country, it will be thanks to pathetic hand servants like Nunes and other Republicans in Congress, who are terrified of their own base—or who are perhaps worried that someone has leverage over them. For now, there is only one Russian issue subject to formal probes, and one special counsel. If they get their way, there will be however many are necessary to get the Don off the hook.

"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
The old Trump "I am being victimized" Trick
« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2017, 03:20:17 PM »
The website is an eyesore and apparently has been created by someone who taught themselves web-design in the 1990s and decided anything beyond garishly coloured static HTML is just giving in to them.

That's the understatement of the year.  That is the ugliest website I have seen in a long time.

RE

That's it....
Hope you enjoy the fireworks as much as I do.

Life's a stage & we're merely just bit players.
Sir Francis Bacon.

So, AZ complains about being "beat up". This is typical baloney about being "victimized" that Trumpers like azozeo love to wallow in. You certainly are doing a great imitation of your Hero, Trumper.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 03:42:05 PM by agelbert »
Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Is Az is on the Trump Alternative Facts payroll?
« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2017, 03:55:27 PM »

Is Azozeo on the Trump Alternative Facts payroll? (see wild bears and woods poop habits question)
Faith,

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner

RE

The Alt-Right Created a Parallel Internet. Itís an Unholy Mess.

The Alt-Right Created a Parallel Internet. It’s an Unholy Mess.

Cody Wilson developed a crowdfunding website, Hatreon, to give right-wing personalities and others a way to raise money for their projects.CreditIlana Panich-Linsman for The New York Times

If you’ve lost sleep worrying about the growing power of the alt-right — that shadowy coalition that includes white nationalists, anti-feminists, far-right reactionaries and meme-sharing trolls — I may have found a cure for your anxiety.

Just try using its websites.

In recent months, as sites like YouTube, Twitter and Facebook have cracked down on hate speech and barred several high-profile conservative users, the alt-right made a declaration of technological independence from Silicon Valley. Hard-right activists vowed to create their own versions of these digital services, on which all views would be welcome, no matter how crude or incendiary.

More than a dozen “alt-tech” companies have now emerged, each promising a refuge from political correctness and censorship. There is Gab, a kind of alt-Twitter social network that began last year, whose early adopters included prominent figures like Milo Yiannopoulos and Andrew Anglin, the founder of the neo-Nazi Daily Stormer website. There is WrongThink (alt-Facebook), PewTube (alt-YouTube), Voat (alt-Reddit), Infogalactic (alt-Wikipedia) and GoyFundMe (alt-Kickstarter). There is even WASP.love, a dating site for white nationalists and others “wishing to preserve their heritage.”

Recently, I spent several days testing a number of these alt-tech services. I created accounts, explored their features and interfaces, and interviewed users of each site about their experiences. (With my wife’s permission, I even created a WASP.love profile and advertised myself as a New York journalist looking to interview lovelorn white supremacists. Oddly, I got no takers.)

What I found on these sites was more pitiful than fear-inspiring. Sure, some alt-tech platforms were filled with upsetting examples of Nazi imagery and bigoted garbage. But most were ghost towns, with few active users and no obvious supervision. As technology products, many are second- or third-rate, with long load times, broken links and frequent error messages. A few had been taken offline altogether.

Gab, a social network whose early adopters included the right-wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos and Andrew Anglin, the founder of the Daily Stormer, a neo-Nazi website.

If the alt-right’s ideology harks back to 1940s Germany, its web design might transport you to 1990s GeoCities. Even the movement’s own adherents have grown frustrated. One Gab user, who claimed to be using the site while temporarily suspended from Twitter, complained in a public post about the site’s technical inferiority.

“I’m an investor in Gab,” wrote the user, who goes by the username @AnewThomasPaine. “I believe in the idea, but I’m disappointed in the platform.” In another message, he wrote: “I barely use it as there are few active users, and few essential features even after a year.”

Gab, which claims to have more than 300,000 registered users, was supposed to be an alt-tech success story. The service attracted reams of attention when it launched last year, and it raised more than $1 million in a crowdfunding campaign, making it the rare alt-tech platform with significant resources. Utsav Sanduja, Gab’s chief operating officer, told Slate this year that the company was starting an organization called the “Free Speech Tech Alliance,” and had recruited more than 100 Silicon Valley engineers to help.

But today, Gab is buggy and confusing, and much of the activity on the site appears to come from a small core of frequent users. Several of the well-known figures who once posted on the site have abandoned it. (“I’m a creature of habit, and fell out of habit of posting there,” Mike Cernovich, a notorious right-wing media personality, told me.) The site also had its own censorship drama earlier this year, after moderators removed a post that mocked Heather Heyer, the activist killed during the Charlottesville protests.

Gab’s founder, Andrew Torba, declined to comment on the site’s progress, telling me in a Gab message that “I don’t do interviews with fake news outlets.”

Instead, I spoke with Cody Wilson, a developer in Texas who is behind another alt-tech service. Mr. Wilson’s product, a crowdfunding site called Hatreon, was meant to give alt-right personalities and others a way to raise money for projects deemed too risqué for mainstream crowdfunding platforms such as Patreon and Kickstarter.

Hatreon got off to a fast start, with more than 400 creators raising about $25,000 per month on the platform. But lately, it has fallen into disrepair. According to Mr. Wilson, a major credit card company, which he declined to name, kicked Hatreon off its network last month, preventing many users from funding projects on the site and all but killing the company’s prospects for growth. Today, visitors to Hatreon are greeted by a message saying that “pledging is currently disabled while we upgrade our systems.”

Mr. Wilson, who does not describe himself as alt-right, said he has accepted that building a viable alt-tech business might be impossible, given the practical constraints.

“I don’t understand how any of them plan to be profitable,” he said.

Things aren’t going much better for WrongThink, which went online in late 2016 with aspirations of becoming a free-speech alternative to Facebook and Twitter. A year later, WrongThink has only about 7,000 registered members, according to the site’s founder, who goes by the username Bane Biddix.

Far-right activists have been trying to build alternative tech platforms for years, with little success. A decade ago, white nationalist websites with names like New Saxon and PodBlanc sprang up to compete with Myspace, Friendster, and the other social giants of the era. But most of those sites fizzled when their creators ran out of money or got into legal trouble. And none came close to reaching a large mainstream audience.

Granted, it is still the early days for this new wave of services, which are coming of age during the Trump years and could benefit from changing norms around P.C. culture and acceptable speech. Some alt-right leaders are hopeful that a coming “purge” on Twitter — their phrase for a change in the site’s hate speech policies, which Twitter plans to enforce beginning next week — will send scores of disgruntled users scurrying to alt-tech platforms.

But Mark Pitcavage, who studies right-wing extremism at the Anti-Defamation League, told me that alt-tech companies face several structural barriers. Not only do they have to build a compelling product and attract users — a steep challenge even in the best of circumstances — but they must do it without access to mainstream funding sources, such as venture capital firms and angel investors, which provide much of the fuel for other tech start-ups. They also rely on finding companies that are willing to host their services and process their payments.

WASP.love, a dating site for white nationalists and others who want to “preserve their heritage.”

“Being on the internet is a group venture,” Mr. Pitcavage said. “You rely on an internet service provider, a domain name service, a credit card processor. It’s a very common thing for one or more of these entities not to want to do business with a white supremacist group.”

There is also a talent shortage among alt-tech companies, many of which rely on volunteers, and few of which can afford to pay the kinds of salaries demanded by top-tier programmers.

“Speaking frankly, you’re not getting 10x engineer talent with these people,” said Mr. Wilson of Hatreon, using a popular Silicon Valley term for a star employee. “No one’s lining up for this.”

Alt-tech is also a victim of the same market forces that have held back other small tech start-ups. Much of the internet’s basic architecture is controlled by a handful of gatekeepers — Facebook, Google, Apple and Amazon among them. Those companies run back-end services that allow developers to build reliable products, the app stores that allow them to reach a mass audience, and the advertising platforms that allow them to make money. Without the support of Silicon Valley’s giants, it’s nearly impossible to compete, no matter what your political views are.

“If someone with sufficient money and determination magically materialized, I’m not saying it’s impossible, but even then it wouldn’t be easy,” Mr. Pitcavage said.

The good news for the alt-right’s detractors, then, is that the movement’s vision of a flourishing parallel internet seems doomed to fail.

The bad news is that, without a functional alternate ecosystem, it may be harder to quarantine the views of neo-Nazis and other noxious ideologues to little-used corners of the internet, far from the vast majority of users. Facebook, Twitter, and other mainstream services will continue to be the dominant venue for ideological battles, and keeping these platforms free of hate and misinformation will remain those companies’ responsibility. Let’s hope they’re up to the challenge.

Email Kevin Roose at kevin.roose@nytimes.com, or follow him on Facebook at facebook.com/kevinroose and on Twitter @kevinroose.

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
***YOUR BUSTED***Delta Force Raids Obama Stronghold
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2018, 09:47:18 AM »
http://www.someonesbones.com/blog/delta-force-raids-obama-stronghold-in-thailand/
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: ***YOUR BUSTED***Delta Force Raids Obama Stronghold
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2018, 04:52:59 PM »
http://www.someonesbones.com/blog/delta-force-raids-obama-stronghold-in-thailand/

Did Delta Force Operators Raid an 'Obama Stronghold' in Thailand?
Reports of a Christmas Day raid originated with a conspiracy theory web site and are not based on factual information.

CLAIM

Delta Force operators raided President Barack Obama's stronghold in Thailand on Christmas Day 2017.

RATING

FALSE

ORIGIN

On 27 December 2017, the web site SomeonesBones.com published an article appearing to report that Delta Force operators had raided an “Obama-controlled stronghold,” whatever that means, in Thailand on Christmas Day:

During the pre-dawn hours on Christmas Day, Delta Force operators launched a precision strike against an Obama-controlled stronghold in Thailand, says an active Secret Service agent who claims President Trump green lit the operation following a series of telephone calls to United States military commanders and to Thailand Prime Minister Nik Bukharin.

SomeonesBones.com is not a news outlet. The web site deals with and traffics in conspiracy theories, and according to their “About” page is largely focused on unraveling the mysteries of Nibiru, a nonexistent planet that was “predicted” (falsely, because as we mentioned, it is nonexistent) to collide with Earth.

The article also did not bother correctly naming Thailand’s prime minister (Prayut Chan-ocha). While we cannot say with certainty why this site used the name Nik Bukharain, we found it interesting to note that Nikolai Bukharin was a Soviet politician and author who was executed in 1938 for conspiring to overthrow the Soviet state. The name “Vladimir Vladomirovich,” which is a slight misspelling of Russian leader Vladimir Putin’s full name (Vladimir Vladimirovich), also appears in the footer of the site. 

The article also uses misleading photographs, such as the one below, to illustrat the claim that Obama owns “a mansion and a 400-acre estate on the outskirts of the city of Si Sa Ket”:

This image actually shows the Villa Rak Tawan, a property which overlooks Surin Beach and is rented out for weddings and other special occasions.

Someonesbones.com also did not provide sources, claiming instead to quote an apparently nonexistent article from an apparently nonexistent publication:

In a June 2009 edition of the Washington Beacon, conservative author Thomas Clearwater wrote, “Solyndra does not appear to be a legitimate institution, and is likely a shell company or slush fund used or owned by Obama to launder his dirty money.”

The web site did not provide a link back to the story, and we found no record of a publication named the “Washington Beacon.” The site may have been referring to “The Washington Free Beacon,” but we found no record of a Thomas Clearwater, nor the quoted material, on that web site (which was only launched in 2012). Someonesbones.com may have offering a wink and a nod toward Thomas Clearwater, a film producer who shares similar interests as SomeonesBones.com and has produced projects such as “Truth Embargo” about the existence of aliens. 

The claim that Delta Force operators raided an Obama-controlled stronghold in Thailand is not based on any factual information. 

Got a tip or a rumor? Contact us here.

You're welcome. I'm sure you are unwilling as I am to labor under false information published by conspiracy websites.

I'm always happy to help.  :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny:

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: ***YOUR BUSTED*** The Whole Rotten Trump Grift is Going Down
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2018, 04:58:28 PM »
Now here's some speculation at least based on facts.

Suspicious Timeline Suggests GOP Blocking Merrick Garland May Be Tied to Trump/Russia Scandal

HOT TOPIC

Suspicious Timeline Suggests GOP Blocking Merrick Garland May Be Tied to Trump/Russia Scandal

By

Published on

Special Counsel Robert Mueller is investigating the Trump Campaign AND the Republican National Committee for their alleged Russian collusion efforts in rigging the election in key swing states, particularly Michigan and Wisconsin.

Trump adviser George Papadopoulos is helping the investigation along and now we have learned that the Republican Senate may have known the election was rigged when they blocked Obama’s Supreme Court appointment of Merrick Garland. 

The Republican Senate pulled the unconstitutional stunt at a time that they should have felt concerned about the future of the White House. Hillary was the clear front-runner by most accounts at the time, so why block a Supreme Court pick when it was a statistical impossibility for Trump to win the White House? It’s possible those in Trump’s corner knew something no one else did at the time.

The New York Times just detailed a timeline of the Trump-Russia scandal and now a lot of things are making even more sense.

March of 2016 is when Papadopoulos drunkenly bragged about conspiring with Russia to an Australian diplomat, who immediately ratted him out. This is very significant, because it gives us additional context to Papadopoulos’ guilty plea, which clearly states that he first learned about Russia’s election rigging on March 14th of 2016. Just 48 hours later, Senate Republican John Cornyn suddenly announced that he would be blocking Barack Obama’s Merrick Garland nomination to the Supreme Court.

When you put the pieces together, you can see that the moment Trump and his campaign knew Russia was willing to help Trump win, the Republican Party decided to block Obama’s Supreme Court pick, allowing Trump to later fill it after he “won”.

If it can be proven that Papadopoulos told someone in the Republican Senate about the election rigging, this would be a game changer. Mueller has to be currently looking into finding this evidence, because something with this many hands in it cannot be coincidence.

This scandal goes much deeper than the sitting President. It appears the entire GOP is connected to it.

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution

Of course they knew. They would never have put the cork on Garland unless they were SURE that Trump had the election in his pocket. What a pack treasonous scum these Reactionary bastards that call themselves "conservatives" are.
Faith,

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner

Of course they knew. They would never have put the cork on Garland unless they were SURE that Trump had the election in his pocket. What a pack treasonous scum these Reactionary bastards that call themselves "conservatives" are.

Of course. But the BIG news on Action News tonight is the fact is the Congressional Republicans, particularly the extreme right Treasonbunnies,  are in on it. In the fullness of time, they will be shown to have been the happy recipients of plenty of Russian oligarch CA$H... Which is why they are trying so hard to spike the Mueller investigation, lest he successfully follow it back to its source.

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: ***YOUR BUSTED*** The Treasonbunny edition
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2018, 07:02:37 AM »
Trump Tower meeting with Russians 'treasonous', Bannon says in explosive book:
"Theyíre going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV."

Steve Bannon exits an elevator in the lobby of Trump Tower on 11 November 2016 in New York City.
Steve Bannon exits an elevator in the lobby of Trump Tower on 11 November 2016 in New York City. Other Trump campaign officials met with Russians there in June 2016. Photograph: Drew Angerer/Getty Images

in Washington

@smithinamerica

Donald Trump’s former chief strategist Steve Bannon has described the Trump Tower meeting between the president’s son and a group of Russians during the 2016 election campaign as “treasonous” and “unpatriotic”, according to an explosive new book seen by the Guardian.

Bannon, speaking to author Michael Wolff, warned that the investigation into alleged collusion with the Kremlin will focus on money laundering and predicted: “They’re going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV.”

Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House, reportedly based on more than 200 interviews with the president, his inner circle and players in and around the administration, is one of the most eagerly awaited political books of the year. In it, Wolff lifts the lid on a White House lurching from crisis to crisis amid internecine warfare, with even some of Trump’s closest allies expressing contempt for him.

Bannon, who was chief executive of the Trump campaign in its final three months, then White House chief strategist for seven months before returning to the rightwing Breitbart News, is a central figure in the nasty, cutthroat drama, quoted extensively, often in salty language.

He is particularly scathing about a June 2016 meeting involving Trump’s son Donald Jr, son-in-law Jared Kushner, then campaign chairman Paul Manafort and Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya at Trump Tower in New York. A trusted intermediary had promised documents that would “incriminate” rival Hillary Clinton but instead of alerting the FBI to a potential assault on American democracy by a foreign power, Trump Jr replied in an email: “I love it.”

The meeting was revealed by the New York Times in July last year, prompting Trump Jr to say no consequential material was produced. Soon after, Wolff writes, Bannon remarked mockingly: “The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower in the conference room on the 25th floor – with no lawyers. They didn’t have any lawyers.

“Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad shit, and I happen to think it’s all of that, you should have called the FBI immediately.”

Bannon went on, Wolff writes, to say that if any such meeting had to take place, it should have been set up “in a Holiday Inn in Manchester, New Hampshire, with your lawyers who meet with these people”. Any information, he said, could then be “dump[ed] … down to Breitbart or something like that, or maybe some other more legitimate publication”.

Bannon added: “You never see it, you never know it, because you don’t need to … But that’s the brain trust that they had.”

Special counsel Robert Mueller was appointed last May, following Trump’s dismissal of FBI director James Comey, to investigate Russian meddling in the 2016 election. This has led to the indictments of four members of Trump’s inner circle, including Manafort and former national security adviser Michael Flynn. Manafort has pleaded not guilty to money laundering charges; Flynn has pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI. In recent weeks Bannon’s Breitbart News and other conservative outlets have accused Mueller’s team of bias against the president.

Trump predicted in an interview with the New York Times last week that the special counsel was “going to be fair”, though he also said the investigation “makes the country look very bad”. The president and his allies deny any collusion with Russia and the Kremlin has denied interfering.

Bannon has criticised Trump’s decision to fire Comey. In Wolff’s book, obtained by the Guardian ahead of publication from a bookseller in New England, he suggests White House hopes for a quick end to the Mueller investigation are gravely misplaced.

“You realise where this is going,” he is quoted as saying. “This is all about money laundering. Mueller chose [senior prosecutor Andrew] Weissmann first and he is a money-laundering guy. Their path to fucking Trump goes right through Paul Manafort, Don Jr and Jared Kushner … It’s as plain as a hair on your face.”

Last month it was reported that federal prosecutors had subpoenaed records from Deutsche Bank, the German financial institution that has lent hundreds of millions of dollars to the Kushner property empire. Bannon continues: “It goes through Deutsche Bank and all the Kushner shit. The Kushner shit is greasy. They’re going to go right through that. They’re going to roll those two guys up and say play me or trade me.”

Scorning apparent White House insouciance, Bannon reaches for a hurricane metaphor: “They’re sitting on a beach trying to stop a Category Five.”

He insists that he knows no Russians, will not be a witness, will not hire a lawyer and will not appear on national television answering questions.

Fire and Fury will be published next week. Wolff is a prominent media critic and columnist who has written for the Guardian and is a biographer of Rupert Murdoch. He previously conducted interviews for the Hollywood Reporter with Trump in June 2016 and Bannon a few months later.

He told the Guardian in November that to research the book, he showed up at the White House with no agenda but wanting to “find out what the insiders were really thinking and feeling”. He enjoyed extraordinary access to Trump and senior officials and advisers, he said, sometimes at critical moments of the fledgling presidency.

The rancour between Bannon and “Javanka” – Kushner and his wife Ivanka Trump – is a recurring theme of the book. Kushner and Ivanka are Jewish. Henry Kissinger, the former secretary of state, is quoted as saying: “It is a war between the Jews and the non-Jews.”

Trump is not spared. Wolff writes that Thomas Barrack Jr, a billionaire who is one of the president’s oldest associates, allegedly told a friend: “He’s not only crazy, he’s stupid.”

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2018, 08:55:22 AM »
He insists that he knows no Russians, will not be a witness, will not hire a lawyer and will not appear on national television answering questions.

He lies!

We all know Russians.

Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2018, 11:45:22 AM »

He lies!

We all know Russians.

Meanwhile, since I have nothing better to do than read, watch TV and edit pictures, I've noted that the cable news types are having a field day with excerpts from the Bannon book. So a week in front of its release, the media is abuzz with hype. What's better than a marketing campaign floated with free media?
Bannon picked up at least something from Dolt 45.