4 (36.4%)
Poached
2 (18.2%)
Soft Boiled
1 (9.1%)
Hard Boiled
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

AuthorTopic: Doomstead Diner Menu  (Read 88577 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
🍝 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 4/26/2018
« Reply #645 on: April 26, 2018, 03:39:00 PM »
Since Pasta🍝 is such a staple of the Itie diet and Pasta🍝 comes in so many shapes and sizes and types that can be filled with...anything...you can never run out of Itie dishes to put on Special from this category.  :icon_sunny:  Today we are going with Stuffed Shells🍝, and since this is the first time we have stuffed shells🍝 on Special, it's the basic and very popular version of cheese stuffed shells🍝.

Stuffing shells🍝 is not a whole lot different than making Lasagna🍝.  You boil the pasta🍝 first to get it soft, then you arrange in the baking dish and fill with what you like, then coat the whole thing in some kind of sauce and cheese and bake.  30 minutes later, you have your delicious finished product.😋

RE

Cheese Stuffed Shells🍝
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: 🍝 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 4/26/2018
« Reply #646 on: April 26, 2018, 05:06:23 PM »

Cheese Stuffed Shells🍝

:emthup: :emthup: :emthup: :emthup: :emthup: :emthup: :emthup: :emthup: :emthup: :emthup: :emthup: :emthup: :emthup:
“The old world is dying, and the New World struggles to be born: now is the time of monsters.”

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍜 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 4/27/2018
« Reply #647 on: April 27, 2018, 02:11:14 AM »
It's Soup🍜4Breakfast Week on Special here at the Diner!

Today's Soup🍜4Breakfast comes to us from Tunisia.  I've never had this one either.

RE

Lablabi - Tunisian Chickpea Soup🍜
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥪 Doomstead Diner Lunch Special: 4/27/2018
« Reply #648 on: April 27, 2018, 07:51:01 AM »
In honor of Subway closing another 500 stores, for today's Lunch Special we are offering up the Classic Italian BMT (Bigger, Meatier, Tastier) Sub🥪.  Back in my HS daze, we had if not the first one of the first Subway franchises on the corner of 14th Street and 1st Avenue.  My usual there was the Spicy Italian, which substituted more Pepperoni and Salami for the Ham on the BMT.  Came in a little cheaper.

RE

Subway Italian BMT 🥪
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🐟 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 4/27/2018
« Reply #649 on: April 27, 2018, 02:29:00 PM »
It's Fish🐟 Friday again here at the Diner!  :icon_sunny:

Today we are going with BBQ Salmon🐟, but this time rather than a Fillet we are having Salmon🐟 Steaks.  In this cut you chop up a fairly large salmon🐟 sideways as opposed to slicing the meat off the bone lengthwise.  It's a much easier job than doing a good fillet.  The downside is the bones are still in there, but the meat falls away from the bones quite easily so it's not a huge issue.  Upside is you get a thicker cut of meat which tends to grill a little better and makes for a different presentation.

Regardless whether you are using fillets or steaks, when you grill salmon🐟 you should always marinate it with dry rub with seasonings beforehand, and the choices are endless there.  Easiest is just to sprinkle on Old Bay and rub it in, then brush on olive oil and garlic as you grill, but you can pick what you like in this respect.  Here's a nice one with an Asian sauce.

RE

Grilled Salmon🐟 Steak with Hoisin BBQ Sauce
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍜 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 4/28/2018
« Reply #650 on: April 28, 2018, 03:39:26 AM »
It's the last Soup🍜4Breakfast on Special of the Week here at the Diner!

Today's Soup🍜4Breakfast comes to us from Cambodia.  I missed trying it on this trip walking the earth as a meat package.  Maybe next time

RE

Cambodian Dumpling Noodle Soup🍜
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍝 Doomstead Diner Lunch Special: 4/28/2018
« Reply #651 on: April 28, 2018, 09:53:55 AM »
Pasta4Lunch today!  :icon_sunny:

Today's Pasta🍝 is Tortellini🍝, which over the last few years before the appetite issues was my Go-To pasta🍝.  I love getting that little bite of cheese or other filling with every noodle🍝.  :icon_sunny:  Not as huge though per noodle🍝 as raviolis, which are also good.  Tortellinis🍝 are also good Hot, Room Temperature or Cold in salads, making them a very versatile lunch item.

For our first Tortellini🍝 recipe, it's basic cheese tortellini🍝 in pesto sauce.

RE

Cheese Tortellini🍝 in Pesto Sauce
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: 🍝 Doomstead Diner Lunch Special: 4/28/2018
« Reply #652 on: April 28, 2018, 10:44:28 AM »

Today's Pasta🍝 is Tortellini🍝, which over the last few years before the appetite issues was my Go-To pasta🍝.  I love getting that little bite of cheese or other filling with every noodle🍝.  :icon_sunny:  Not as huge though per noodle🍝 as raviolis, which are also good.  Tortellinis🍝 are also good Hot, Room Temperature or Cold in salads, making them a very versatile lunch item.

Superb choice.

It is a little known fact that I can and have created a pesto sauce that will make the angels weep for joy.
“The old world is dying, and the New World struggles to be born: now is the time of monsters.”

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: April 28, 2018, 12:32:36 PM »

Superb choice.

It is a little known fact that I can and have created a pesto sauce that will make the angels weep for joy.

You definitely reveal your inner Itie with this thread.  You always perk up when we put a Pasta dish on Special.  ;D

When I recover🤞, I look forward to trying your pesto sauce at the next Convocation.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #654 on: April 28, 2018, 03:32:09 PM »

Superb choice.

You definitely reveal your inner Itie with this thread.  You always perk up when we put a Pasta dish on Special.  ;D

When I recover🤞, I look forward to trying your pesto sauce at the next Convocation.

RE

You're on. I'll even put it over tortellini.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥩 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 4/28/2018
« Reply #655 on: April 28, 2018, 04:07:49 PM »
It's Steak🥩 Saturday here at the Diner again!

For today's cut of BEEF🐄, we're going with one of the cheapest cuts you can get, Chuck Roast🥩.  It's often prepared more as a Pot Roast than as Steak🥩 because it's a pretty tough cut and benefits from a slow cook.  When prepared that way, I don't generally think of it as steak🥩 though, more like stew.  It does cook up quite well on the BBQ though because it has lots of FAT 😋.  Even better in the Smoker.  A very good cut to use if you are feeding a large number of people and want to treat them to something classier than Hamburgers at your BBQ event, but at roughly the same price.

RE

Smoked BBQ Chuck Roast🥩
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🐟 Doomstead Diner Sunday Smorgasbord Special: 4/29/2018
« Reply #656 on: April 29, 2018, 02:23:07 AM »
This morning I am headed over to the Japanese table at the Diner Buffet to sample some of the fabulous array of Sashimi🐟 our Sushi Chef Seppuku Kamikaze fillets from the vast array of fish🐟 brought into the Bar Harbor Marina each day by local fisherman, as well as additional varieties flown in daily from the Fish🐟 Market in Tokyo, the largest in the world on the Diner Private Jet✈️.

I got a large Churashi Bowl full of some of my favorites for a real PIG OUT🐷 on JUST THE FISH🐟.  Normally of course even in my youthful years with a decent appetite, I never ordered a sampling so large, about a dozen slices of various types of fish🐟 was my limit for Sashimi🐟.  If I was still hungry at the Nip restaurant, I would order something else off the menu, not more Sashimi🐟.  Our Food Ranger friend from Utoob Mark Wiens has no such limitations though, he can down 50 pieces of Sashimi🐟 at the Sushi Bar in Tokyo in one sitting, no problem.  At the bargain price of $300 for the meal too!  ::)

Before we get to actually eating the Sashimi🐟 though, the first half of the video below takes us for a tour of the Tokyo Fish🐟 Market, and this is what I found even more astounding than Mark's appetite for the stuff.  With the amount of fish🐟 they are auctioning off each day, I am astounded we haven't emptied the ocean of marine life already!  ::)  You have to watch at least the first 10 minutes or so of this video to appreciate this.  It's insane.  Not to mention, although it's the largest Fish🐟 Market of this type in the world, there are numerous other really big ones in places like Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Bangkok and San Francisco.  When will the Fish🐟 Run Out? ???  :icon_scratch:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cm2dczXpBG0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Cm2dczXpBG0</a>

RE

Sashimi🐟 Pig�� Out Platter
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 09:35:24 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍣 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 4/29/2018
« Reply #657 on: April 29, 2018, 02:26:45 PM »
I was one of the first to hit the Sunday Smorgasbord early this morning, so even though I had an ENORMOUS Churashi Bowl of Sashimi, I'm hungry again and it's time for an early dinner!  :icon_sunny:

The raw, fresh fish🐟 was so good I got a craving for some raw oysters on the half shell, and ran across these Mega Monsta Mutant Oysters at the Fish Market which I think must be harvested from the shoals around Fukushima Daichi 1.  I have never in my life seen an Oyster this BIG!  You do NOT need a dozen of these Oysters for a meal!  One of them is the size of a Fillet Mignon and would make a fabulous Surf🐟 & Turf🥩 combo on its own!

Since I have never actually eaten an oyster this big, I can't tell you how much the texture or taste varies from that of the more typically sized oyster.  Probably not much although the oyster itself has different parts which have different textures, so as you cut into it and eat bite by bite you will get more changes than eating a smaller oyster whole.

I do wonder how long it takes for an oyster to get this big? (without radiation or GMO or hormone enhancements) ???  :icon_scratch:  Really big lobsters can take 30-40 years to grow.

In the Jap Fish Market, these babies come in at $13 a piece, which actually isn't a bad price compared to a dozen more normal sized oysters

RE

Mega Massive Mutant Gigasized Oyster
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍳 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 4/30/2018
« Reply #658 on: April 30, 2018, 03:51:52 AM »
After all those Soup🍜4Breakfast meals from last week mostly from Asia, it's time to get back to a more traditional Amerikan breakfast this morning.  Today we will go with a Full Southern Breakfast, including the puke🤮 Biscuits & Gravy.

RE

Full Southern Breakfast
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍔 Doomstead Diner Lunch Special: 4/30/2018
« Reply #659 on: April 30, 2018, 10:45:44 AM »
It's Pigman Burger🍔4Lunch Week here at the Diner!

As you know, the Diner has a Global reputation among the Elite as the premier Dining experience on the Planet, so we have a regular flow of Pigmen dropping in for Lunch, usually flying in to our rooftop heliport from their Private Yachts moored offshore.  We don't have any slips at the dock  for anything bigger than 100'.

Every Pigman has his favorite Burger🍔, we'll start with the Bill & Buffet Double Burger🍔 which they always order up when they show up for our Bridge Tournament each year.  It's the good old fashioned All-Amerikan Bacon Double Cheeseburger🍔, since one pattie isn't enough consumption for these guys.  Fully Loaded with Lettuce, Tomato, Onions & Batampte Half Sour Pickles with the Diner Special Sauce.

Bill & Warren enjoying Lunch at the Diner

RE

Bill & Buffet All-Amerikan Bacon Double Cheeseburger🍔
Save As Many As You Can