4 (36.4%)
Poached
2 (18.2%)
Soft Boiled
1 (9.1%)
Hard Boiled
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

AuthorTopic: Doomstead Diner Menu  (Read 73355 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
🍖 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 4/30/2018
« Reply #660 on: April 30, 2018, 06:28:00 PM »
It's Meat🍖 Monday for Dinner here again on the Diner!  :icon_sunny:

To clarify what "Meat"🍖 means in this context, while it often refers to Beef, aka Cow Flesh, in fact it can be any part of any Mammal from Mice right on up to Bear meat.  Pigs and Sheep also count as meat.  Birds do not, they are Fowl.  Fish also no, that is fish.  Reptiles like Alligator and Snakes are a grey area.  Insects definitely not meat.  Mostly the really Doomerish foods though will have their own Weekly Specials anyhow.

For today's Monday Meat🍖 Special, we will go with the Amerikan Bison, nearly hunted to extinction during the Genocide of the First Nations People as a means to starve them out of existence, since just giving them Smallpox Infected Blankets and Massacring them wasn't doing the job fast neough.  They have made a comeback though in recent years both in the "Wild" around Yellowstone and as a domesticated ranching species raised for its meat🍖.

The meat🍖 is generally more lean than typical cow meat and Bison are usually raised Organically also, so generally a more healthy meat🍖 to use in your recipes.  More expensive also of course.  Today's offering are Short Ribs🍖, which are meatier than regulas ribs but have more fat on them than most steak cuts have.

RE

Merlot Bison Short Ribs🍖
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍩 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 5/1/2018
« Reply #661 on: May 01, 2018, 04:32:43 AM »
We're going light this morning for breakfast with a Muffin & Double Espresso.

In this case I went for a Macadamia Nut Muffin.  Macadamia Nuts weren't available in my youth, I read somewhere that until somebody invented a machine to crack the shells they weren't commercially viable.   Once they did appear on the shelves though, they became a favorite nut, rivaling Pistachios for me.  The chocolate covered versions are good too, and so are the cookies.

RE

Blueberry-Coconut Macadamia Nut Muffin
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍔 Doomstead Diner Lunch Special: 5/1//2018
« Reply #662 on: May 01, 2018, 11:23:26 AM »
It's Pigman Burger🍔4Lunch Week here at the Diner!

Today's Top Pigman Burger🍔 is a favorite of Carlos Slim when he visits the Diner from South of the Border.   Here he is with Sophia Loren getting ready to enjoy a Diner lunch in our Fine Dining room.

RE

The Slim Mex Fire Roasted Jalapeno & Guacamole Burger with Jack Cheese🍔
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🐔 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 5/1//2018
« Reply #663 on: May 01, 2018, 03:27:13 PM »
Another Roast Chicken🐔4Dinner 2night!  :icon_sunny:

Today's version is most like the Roast Chickens🐔 I prepared in my youth, another of my "first recipes" collection.  The chicken🐔 and veggies all went in one pot to roast in the oven for an hour or so, depending on the size of the chicken🐔 or chickens🐔 (usually 2 at a time in those years).  Main veggies were root veggies, potatoes, carrots and onions, but often supplemented with others like mushrooms and celery.  Also in the mix was usually a whole head of garlic.  I experimented rubbing various different spices on the skin, and then would baste regularly with butter and/or olive oil during the roasting process.

2 chickens🐔 provided all the Prime parts for 3 of us to have at least 1 each for a total of 1/2 chicken consumption at one meal, although mostly neither me, mom or sis consumed that much, so there were often whole chicken parts left to create nice leftover meals from.  The other alternative was taking all leftover parts and cutting off the best meat to make a kick ass Chicken🐔 Salad for sandwiches for work & school the rest of the week.

All the bones and gizzards went in a big pot to simmer over night to use as stock for making Chicken🐔 Soup of various kinds during the rest of the week.  Won Ton Soup, Matzoh Ball Soup, Chicken🐔 Noodle Soup, etc.

A major upside to this form of roasting a chicken🐔 is all the veggies roast in the chicken🐔 fat as it renders from the birds.  This imparts delicious additional flavor to these veggies.  Another upside is you can add stuffing to the chicken🐔, which really can add to the meal to make it like a "Mini-Thanksgiving".  Main downside is the skin on the bottom of the bird does not get nice and crispy like if you rotisserie the chicken🐔.  However, that skin would go in the broth and then get strained out later after rendering up all the chicken🐔 fat goodness.  :icon_sunny:

RE

Spanish Roast Chicken🐔
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍳 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 5/2/2018
« Reply #664 on: May 02, 2018, 03:45:13 AM »
Our Breakfast Special this morning are our very popular Diner Quiche🍳 Cups, which you can buy by the 6-pack at the Diner Drive-Thru Window.  We have a huge variety of these Mini-Quiches🍳 available, Lorraine, Florentine, Spanish, Greek, Italian, Mexican and even an Amerikan Quiche🍳 too!  If you have time to wait or you order online prior to pick-up, you also can order up Custom Quiches🍳 with the ingredients of your choice inside the light and flaky pastry shell the Diner is famous for.  They are EZ to eat while negotiating traffic in your environmentally friendly Tesla or riding the subway, at least if you got a seat..

Each Mini-Quiche🍳 offers you 1-3 bites of delicious egg goodness depending on the size of your mouth and how big a PIG🐷 you are in the morning.  You can also purchase Diner Mini-Quiches🍳 frozen for microwaving at work later in the day at a 20% discount (they are actually leftover quiches🍳 from the prior day).

RE

Mini-Quiche🍳 Cup
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Doomstead Diner Menu
« Reply #665 on: May 02, 2018, 05:42:19 AM »
Looks pretty damn good. How about a side of Hollandaise and a side of gravy with that, Mr. Drive-thru Manager?
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Doomstead Diner Menu
« Reply #666 on: May 02, 2018, 10:49:06 AM »
Looks pretty damn good. How about a side of Hollandaise and a side of gravy with that, Mr. Drive-thru Manager?

Coming right up!

RE

« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 11:02:16 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍔 Doomstead Diner Lunch Special: 5/2/2018
« Reply #667 on: May 02, 2018, 11:18:25 AM »

Today we are featuring the Greek Burger, a favorite of Aristotle Onassis and Jackie back in the early days of the Diner.  Turkey Burgers because Ari was watching his cholesterol and Jackie was watching her weight.

Do you ever wonder where all of AO's money went to?  You never hear about heirs or anything. ???  :icon_scratch:

RE

The Onassis Feta Cheese, Tzaziki & Spinach Burger🍔
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🐖 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 5/2//2018
« Reply #668 on: May 02, 2018, 07:14:38 PM »
It's Pig🐖4Dinner 2Night!  :icon_sunny:

Stuffed Pork🐖 Loin felt right for the Diner Dinner Special.  During Stuffed4Dinner Week, as I recall I went with Stuffed Butterfly Pork🐖 Chops as the Pig🐖 Choice for that meal from the Swine🐖 family tree.  Pork🐖 Loin is more lean of course, but there are many creative ways to stuff it and juice it up a LOT.  You should enjoy this variation from the Diner Kitchen.  Wrapping in Bacon🥓 will provide all the juicy fat you need to make this recipe a big hit with family and friends, as it is at the Diner. 😋

RE

Bacon🥓 Wrapped Spinach Stuffed Pork🐖 Tenderloin
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥞 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 5/3/2018
« Reply #669 on: May 03, 2018, 01:44:28 AM »
Today we are having the Kraut version of Pancakes🥞 for the Diner Breakfast Special.  Sweet, Light & Fluffy, they are a great variation on the Pancake🥞 theme. 
Wash down with Oktoberfest Beer for the best breakfast experience!  :icon_sunny:

RE

German Oven Pancakes
Save As Many As You Can

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: 🐖 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 5/2//2018
« Reply #670 on: May 03, 2018, 09:26:35 AM »
It's Pig🐖4Dinner 2Night!  :icon_sunny:

Stuffed Pork🐖 Loin felt right for the Diner Dinner Special. 

Bacon🥓 Wrapped Spinach Stuffed Pork🐖 Tenderloin

Looks absolutely great.

"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍔 Doomstead Diner Lunch Special: 5/3/2018
« Reply #671 on: May 03, 2018, 10:39:47 AM »

Today in our Burger🍔4Lunch Special we're enjoying the highly popular among Doomers "Bezos Burger🍔".  JB is well known for his appetite for exotic foods.  Here he is enjoying Iguana for dinner at a recent Diner Billionaire Prepper convocation.

Here's the layout of the "Bezos Bunker", hidden inside Denali.

Iguana not on the menu for lunch today.  We're offering Alligator🐊 instead!

RE

The Bezos Alligator🐊 Burger🍔
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🏥 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 5/3//2018
« Reply #672 on: May 03, 2018, 08:58:51 PM »
It's Hospital🏥 Food4Dinner tonight!

Well, it would be if i was eating anything anyhow.  As it is I have some ice water on the tray table with the laptop and the smart phone.  My last stay in Providence Hospital in Anchorage the food was pretty good.  No idea what is on the menu here.

Blood is now flowing into my arm for the first transfusion.  If they find a room, they may wheel me to a regular room to be more comfortablebefore the IV is finished. .

RE

Hospital🏥 Food
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🏥 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 5/4/2018
« Reply #673 on: May 04, 2018, 07:02:56 PM »
It's Hospital🏥 Food4Dinner tonight! (for real, hopefully)

Missing a lot of meals here at the Diner last 2 days.  Sous Chefs should feel free to pick up the slack with their own recipes until I am back on my feet at the oven.

I am planning to try to eat real food after the proceedure is finished and I can stop drinking the scuz.  Tonight's dinner looks like a good one to try, Roast Beef, Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans.  The only problem is since they pushed the time back on the proceedure I'm going to have to get this meal later which not sure I will be able to do.  Nurse from this shift is working on it but don't know if he will be successful.

RE

Hospital🏥 Food 2
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Back at my station in front of the Diner Oven!  :icon_sunny:

I need a Celebration Dinner for the return to the World of the Living!  Like the "Last Supper", you get to have whatever you want, as much as you want and can stuff down your pie hole.  This meal is called "Reprieve from the Last Supper" for RE.  It's a muti-course meal choosing dishes from a bunch of different categories which are lifetime favorites.  It worked out to a 10 Course Meal.

Feel free to list your own "Reprieve from the Last Supper" meal as well.  You don't have to add pics if you don't wanna go Googling.

RE

Course 1: Hearts of Palm Salad

Course 2: Matzoh Ball Soup

Course 3:  Appetizer 1 -Sashimi

Course 4:  Appetizer 2 - Shrimp Tempura

Course 5:  Appetizer 3 - Smoked Lake Trout

Course 6:  Main Course 1: Rack of Lamb

Course 7:  Main Course 2: Shrimp & Crab Stuffed Maine Lobster

Course 8:  Main Course 3: BBQ Smoked Baby Back Ribs

Course 9:  Main Course 4: BBQ Ribeye Steak with Mushrooms

Course 10:  Desert: Espresso with Baileys Irish Cream & Hot Butterscotch Sundae

Reality Check: Even in my most piggish best eating years, it would have taken me at least 2 days to work through all of this.  Some of the Foodie Pigs on Utoob could do it in one sitting though.

RE
Save As Many As You Can