3 (50%)
Poached
2 (33.3%)
Soft Boiled
0 (0%)
Hard Boiled
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

AuthorTopic: Doomstead Diner Menu  (Read 5957 times)

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: 🍝 Doomstead Diner Lunch Special: 2/14/2018
« Reply #300 on: February 14, 2018, 04:53:15 PM »
I haven't had this in a long time.  I made a lot of it though, it was very popular at Capsuto Freres (my restaurant back in the day).  CF was forced outta  biz by Superstorm Sandy.  That neighborhood was flooded for months.  It was a great restaurant though.

RE

Linguini with Red Clam Sauce

It's good but much better with a white clam sauce. A GO favorite with a sprinkle of Romano and a dollop of extra virgin olive oil in the sauce.

Don't forget the Chianti, preferably a Classico

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: 🍝 Doomstead Diner Lunch Special: 2/14/2018
« Reply #301 on: February 14, 2018, 07:49:10 PM »
It's good but much better with a white clam sauce. A GO favorite with a sprinkle of Romano and a dollop of extra virgin olive oil in the sauce.

Don't forget the Chianti, preferably a Classico

I like White Clam sauce also, but I've already used that dish.  It's the more commonly served one in most Italian restaurants.  We went with red to stand out from the crowd.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🐸 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 2/14/2018
« Reply #302 on: February 14, 2018, 08:00:52 PM »
Today's Doomer Dinner Special are those friendly amphibians in your pond. 🐸  Palloy has a good supply I believe.  Tastes like chicken!  :icon_sunny:

RE

Deep Fried Frogs Legs
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥞 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 2/15/2018
« Reply #303 on: February 15, 2018, 06:34:20 AM »
If Matzoh Ball Soup is Jewish Penicillin, Latkes are the Tylenol. They come in 2 varieties, Potato and Matzoh Meal.  I preferred the MM version better.  Although some Diners would eat them the same way as an Amerikan pancake with butter and a syrup like honey or maple, I liked mine with just some salt.

RE

Matzoh Meal Latkes
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥗 Doomstead Diner Lunch Special: 2/15/2018
« Reply #304 on: February 15, 2018, 11:34:17 AM »
Salads of various types are great lunch food.  Italian Antipasto is one of my favorites along with the Greek Salads.  They come in lots of varieties, the main thing with them is they should present a counterpoitn to the pasta that you generally get in and Italian meal.  Salami is almost always in there and some type of cheese, olives, and roasted or pickled veggies.  We'll feature more antipasto's here at the Diner in the future.

RE

Sweet & Spicy Antipasto
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🐛 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 2/15/2018
« Reply #305 on: February 15, 2018, 06:06:59 PM »
Moving back down the food chain tonight for Doomer Dinners at the Diner to the Worms.  🐛  Insect/Annelida food doesn't HAVE to be "gross".  Most people would not be able to tell the difference between this WormBurger and one served up in your local Bistro, particularly if you load it up with Thousand Island dressing, lettuce, tomato, pickles, onions etc, whatever you got growing in your Doom Permaculture Garden.  Add some Bacon from your Mangalitsa Piggies, you definitely could not tell the difference.  This is why we invented meat grinders.

RE

Earthworm Hamburger
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍳 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 2/16/2018
« Reply #306 on: February 16, 2018, 04:47:00 AM »
Pig 🐷 out time! We're having another Big Breakfast this morning, but today we're having the Brit Version rather than the Yank version.  The Brits throw in some stuff you don't find on the BB plate at IHOP like Baked Beans, Mushrooms and Roasted Tomatoes.  Instead of Pancakes, you have Muffins.  Regardless which version you have though, it's a ridiculous amount of food to have first thing in the morning.  I admit to having ordered this meal a couple of times back in the days I had an appetite, but even back then I couldn't finish the plate.  I learned to just order the essentials of Bacon, Eggs & Hashbrowns.  That was plenty and I saved a couple of dollars too!  :icon_sunny:

RE

Brit Big Breakfast
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: 🍳 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 2/16/2018
« Reply #307 on: February 16, 2018, 04:50:23 AM »
Pig 🐷 out time! We're having another Big Breakfast this morning, but today we're having the Brit Version rather than the Yank version.  The Brits throw in some stuff you don't find on the BB plate at IHOP like Baked Beans, Mushrooms and Roasted Tomatoes.  Instead of Pancakes, you have Muffins.  Regardless which version you have though, it's a ridiculous amount of food to have first thing in the morning.  I admit to having ordered this meal a couple of times back in the days I had an appetite, but even back then I couldn't finish the plate.  I learned to just order the essentials of Bacon, Eggs & Hashbrowns.  That was plenty and I saved a couple of dollars too!  :icon_sunny:

RE

Brit Big Breakfast

For more welcome are than that fucking wormburger you served up last night.
The dinner receipts were WAAAAY down and the dining room empty by 8PM. I suggest you leave the insects for people who haven't fought their way to the top of the food chain.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 🍳 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 2/16/2018
« Reply #308 on: February 16, 2018, 04:57:53 AM »

RE

Brit Big Breakfast

For more welcome are than that fucking wormburger you served up last night.
The dinner receipts were WAAAAY down and the dining room empty by 8PM. I suggest you leave the insects for people who haven't fought their way to the top of the food chain.

After SHTF Day, they will be beating down the doors for these meals! :P

Anyhow, the final 3 days of Doomer Dinners are a bit more appetizing to the Western palate than the insects, so hopefully the patrons will return.  :icon_sunny:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍕 Doomstead Diner Lunch Special: 2/16/2018
« Reply #309 on: February 16, 2018, 11:10:52 AM »
There are an infinite number of Pizza constructions, so we can have this for lunch without ever duplicating.  :icon_sunny:

My favorite Pizza in NY Shity was topped with Mushrooms.  I have however found it difficult to find an online Pizza Pic that looks like the ones I bought slices of at the local Pizzeria near the Main Street station of the #7 Flushing Line where I got on the train to go to work or school and often bought a slice either going in or coming off the train on the way home.  In those days, there were no chains like Pizza Hut or Dominos.  The Pizza dough was always hand tossed and came out real thin and crispy from the oven.  Also, they always had tomato sauce below the cheese.  Nowadays, pizzas often have no tomato sauce at all!  :(

This was the closest I could find to a Mushroom Pizza I remember from my youth.

RE

Mushroom Pizza
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🐟 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 2/16/2018
« Reply #310 on: February 16, 2018, 05:48:32 PM »
It's Friday Fish for the Doomer Dinner tonight! 🐟 Get your fishing pole out and head out to the lake to get some food a little higher up the chain then the worms!  Those Lake Trout are GREAT almost any way you cook them up!  :icon_sunny:

RE

Crispy Skinned Trout

SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍨 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 2/17/2016
« Reply #311 on: February 17, 2018, 04:57:02 AM »
OK, not the healthiest breakfast on the Diner Menu, but with TEOTWAWKI incoming, you might as well INDULGE!  :icon_sunny:

RE

Grilled Pound Cake & Ice Cream
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥪 Doomstead Diner Lunch Special: 2/17/2018
« Reply #312 on: February 17, 2018, 10:19:28 AM »
I like the Paninis better than the more traditional (in the FSoA) Heros and Subs.  You don't have to dislocate your jaw to get your mouth around one of them, and they are of a more reasonable size for a lunch meal than a Foot Long from Subway full of hormone  and antibiotic injected chicken.  At the Diner, all our meats are organically raised with no antibiotics or hormones and the animals treated humanely until they are dispatched quickly to the Great Beyond to bring to your table.  :icon_sunny:

RE

Prosciutto, Chanterelle Mushrooms and Mozzarella Panini
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: 🥪 Doomstead Diner Lunch Special: 2/17/2018
« Reply #313 on: February 17, 2018, 10:32:48 AM »
I like the Paninis better than the more traditional (in the FSoA) Heros and Subs.  You don't have to dislocate your jaw to get your mouth around one of them, and they are of a more reasonable size for a lunch meal than a Foot Long from Subway full of hormone  and antibiotic injected chicken.  At the Diner, all our meats are organically raised with no antibiotics or hormones and the animals treated humanely until they are dispatched quickly to the Great Beyond to bring to your table.  :icon_sunny:

RE

For a guy who can't eat, you run a hell of a good kitchen!
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: 🥪 Doomstead Diner Lunch Special: 2/17/2018
« Reply #314 on: February 17, 2018, 10:33:53 AM »

RE

Yes, But their prices are absolutely OUTRAGEOUS.

It must be nice to be rolling in dough.  :icon_mrgreen: