PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Doomstead Diner Menu

Poll

How do you like your eggs best?

Scrambled
4 (36.4%)
Sunny Side Up
0 (0%)
Over Easy
4 (36.4%)
Poached
2 (18.2%)
Soft Boiled
1 (9.1%)
Hard Boiled
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

AuthorTopic: Doomstead Diner Menu  (Read 76776 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
🍕 Doomstead Diner Lunch Special: 2/28/2018
« Reply #360 on: February 28, 2018, 02:52:12 PM »
Back in the old days they never made pizzas like this.  ALL pizzas had Tomato Sauce on them!  However, as these type of Pizzas with white sauce started coming out, I developed a taste for them

RE

Diner Wednesday Lunch Pizza #3
[/quote]
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥩 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 2/28/2018
« Reply #361 on: February 28, 2018, 06:16:35 PM »
Tonight's Dinner is not to be missed!  :icon_mrgreen:  It's another in the Diner Menu series of HUGE meals for PIGS 🐷.  It's also our first Video offering.  I wonder if anyone has ever won this challenge and got a free steak 🥩? ???  :icon_scratch:  I can't imagine anyone could down over 9 lbs of beef in an hour.  :o  It might be a good meal for 10-20 people to share, although it looks too well done for me.  It's also not the best cut of beef either.

This guy looks like he did pretty good, maybe got through half of it.  ::)

RE

World's Biggest Steak 🥩 Challenge
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z7n6_YHLufE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Z7n6_YHLufE</a>
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍳 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 3/1/2018
« Reply #362 on: March 01, 2018, 05:03:47 AM »
Eggs 🍳 AND Fruit 🍓 this morning!  :icon_sunny:

RE

Eggs 🍳 & Avocado 🥑 on Toast with Fresh Fruit
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍕 Doomstead Diner Lunch Special: 3/1/2018
« Reply #363 on: March 01, 2018, 01:50:32 PM »
Here's a Half Italian-Half Mexican Half Breed for today's Pizza4Lunch.  Avocado is good with pizza though.

RE

Diner Thursday Lunch Pizza #4
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 02:02:21 PM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥢 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 3/1/2018
« Reply #364 on: March 01, 2018, 09:36:24 PM »
Our first Thai recipe offering!  :icon_sunny:

RE

Thai Cashew Chicken
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍳 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 3/2/2018
« Reply #365 on: March 02, 2018, 03:31:46 AM »
More from Thailand.  This is a Thai "delicacy", 400 year old eggs.  :o  I had to do some research on this one, because are 400 year old eggs really available?  :icon_scratch: You can't hardly find a bottle of wine that is 400 years old at any kind of price anyone but a billionaire can afford!   :icon_scratch:  Turns out, the eggs are not 400 years old, but the food preservation technology used is.  In the days before refrigeration, the Thais came up with this method to preserve extra eggs from their chickens and ducks.  The technique has been somewhat modified in recent years though, and they don't last quite so long.

Regardless  of this, I find this food item to be singularly unappealing. 🤮  I would certainly eat fresh crickets before eating this for breakfast, not to mention it is probably ridiculously expensive also.  ::)  Foodies who have tried it say it has an aroma of ammonia. BLECCHH! 🤮 🤮 🤮

RE

Thai 400 Year Old Eggs 🍳
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 03:40:18 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍕 Doomstead Diner Lunch Special: 3/2/2018
« Reply #366 on: March 02, 2018, 10:29:01 AM »
This Pizza4Lunch is for the Vegan crowd.  Artichoke hearts, Red Bell Peppers and I think Portabella Mushrooms 🍄.  This one definitely wasn't served up at my favorite Main Street Flushing Pizzeria.

RE

Diner Friday Lunch Pizza #5
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 01:31:06 PM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍤 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 3/2/2018
« Reply #367 on: March 02, 2018, 01:21:15 PM »
It's Friday Fish Special Day at the Diner!  I'm trying to vary each week's Dinner Specials with at least one Chicken, Pig, Fish & Vegan dish every week to balance out the heavy RED MEAT 🥩 personal obsession I have.  ;D

Today's offering is Lobster, which I haven't featured in a while.  Normally I just like my lobster the old fashioned and simple way, steamed with drawn butter and lemon, but the fancy dishes are very good too, although of course PRICY! 🤑

RE

Pan-fried lobster medallion with a white port sauce and ginger flavoured julienne
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 01:24:11 PM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍿 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 3/3/2018
« Reply #368 on: March 03, 2018, 05:39:53 AM »
With TWO major weather disasters ongoing on the East Coast and the UK,  it's Popcorn 🍿 for Breakfast for the Doomer!  :icon_mrgreen:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍕 Doomstead Diner Lunch Special: 3/3/2018
« Reply #369 on: March 03, 2018, 10:34:55 AM »
Couldn't go through all of Pizza🍕4Lunch Week without offering up the CLASSIC Pizza🍕 Topping, Pepperoni!  Even the Emoji has pepperoni on it! 🍕

However, what is wrong with this Pizza 🍕 below?  I'll tell you what's wrong, NO TOMATO SAUCE!🍅  I see this in too many Pizza Pics and on the store boxes in the freezer section too.  When did Tomato 🍅 Sauce start disappearing from Pizzas?  ???   :icon_scratch:

RE

Diner Saturday Lunch Pizza 🍕 #6
[/quote]
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Doomstead Diner Menu
« Reply #370 on: March 03, 2018, 03:27:30 PM »
As promised,  the pics of my new (and still evolving)  breakfast special (which I could never actually eat in the morning, it's strictly a weekend brunch item.)

We have....3 eggs, over easy, richly slathered in Hollandaise sauce.

Two biscuits with sausage gravy. One biscuit is really ideal, but restaurants always give you two, which means you need a second portion of gravy, which in this photo been properly applied to OPEN FACE biscuits. One must ask for all the gravy to come on the side, because restaurants always fail to cut the biscuit open, which is very important.

2 sausage patties

Side of bacon

Side of fruit to keep up appearances . This pic left out one of the sides, which is black beans. The waiter forgot them and I had to make him go back to the kitchen.

This is consumed with a large OJ with no ice, and several cups of coffee with generous cream.

I call it the Ugly American.

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 03, 2018, 03:52:23 PM »
As promised,  the pics of my new (and still evolving)  breakfast special (which I could never actually eat in the morning, it's strictly a weekend brunch item.)

Two biscuits with sausage gravy. One biscuit is really ideal, but restaurants always give you two, which means you need a second portion of gravy, which in this photo been properly applied to OPEN FACE biscuits. One must ask for all the gravy to come on the side, because restaurants always fail to cut the biscuit open, which is very important.

2 sausage patties

Side of bacon

Side of fruit to keep up appearances . This pic left out one of the sides, which is black beans. The waiter forgot them and I had to make him go back to the kitchen.

This is consumed with a large OJ with no ice, and several cups of coffee with generous cream.

Only one strip of Bacon 🥓 ?

RE

« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 04:16:30 PM by Eddie »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍆 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 3/3/2018
« Reply #372 on: March 03, 2018, 04:12:55 PM »
It's Vegan Night again here at the Diner for the Special.  :icon_sunny:  This dish looks like Pigshit 🐖💩  and I wouldn't put it in my mouth if you paid me, but the Vegans seem to like it.  ::)

RE

Sweet and Sour Seitan
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 03, 2018, 04:17:43 PM »

2 sausage patties

Side of bacon

Only one strip of Bacon 🥓 ?

RE

There was more bacon, not shown in the photo. Much more bacon.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 03, 2018, 04:20:55 PM »
There was more bacon, not shown in the photo. Much more bacon.

Oh, OK.  I was getting worried. 😟

RE
Save As Many As You Can