4 (36.4%)
Poached
2 (18.2%)
Soft Boiled
1 (9.1%)
Hard Boiled
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

AuthorTopic: Doomstead Diner Menu  (Read 76777 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
🥣 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 3/16/2018
« Reply #435 on: March 16, 2018, 01:48:42 AM »
Moving from Burma to Vietnam in Southeast Asia for this morning's Soup🥣4Breakfast.  The Vietnamese have a lot of choice of S🥣4B.  This one has Ham and Sausage🐖 in it, sounds like breakfast!  I like it because it has MUSHROOMS! 🍄  :icon_sunny:

RE

Bún mọc🥣
Save As Many As You Can

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: 🥩 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 3/15/2018
« Reply #436 on: March 16, 2018, 03:35:50 AM »
Nowadays, most Amerikans only eat Roast Beef🥩 sliced thin on a hero from a Deli, it's not a Dinner meal usually.  Takes too long to cook.  It's also usually commercially cooked roast beef by a corporation like Boar's Head, and is WAY overcooked.🤮
//

Making a good roast beef🥩 is a real art form, because the cuts used are fairly tough so you need long cook times to tenderize them, but this can also overcook and dry out the meat.  The one below looks properly done.

RE

Roast Beef

This is, you'll pardon the expression, well done. Looks great.
In my dotage I found a new culinary delight. Contrary is originally from Buffalo, and I accompanied her on a trip back there. In Buffalo for the first time, I discovered a cornucopia of gastronomic delights, most of which should come with their own portable EKG machine. Since Buffalo winters last for eight months, local denizens have become adept at a variety of indoor sports, including drinking, recreational drug abuse, sex, and FOOD!
The dish is called "beef on weck." It is made with roast beef on a kimmelweck roll. The meat on the sandwich is traditionally served rare, thin cut, with the top bun getting a dip au jus and spread with horseradish. Wowza.

"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 16, 2018, 03:50:33 AM »

This is, you'll pardon the expression, well done. Looks great.
In my dotage I found a new culinary delight. Contrary is originally from Buffalo, and I accompanied her on a trip back there. In Buffalo for the first time, I discovered a cornucopia of gastronomic delights, most of which should come with their own portable EKG machine. Since Buffalo winters last for eight months, local denizens have become adept at a variety of indoor sports, including drinking, recreational drug abuse, sex, and FOOD!
The dish is called "beef on weck." It is made with roast beef on a kimmelweck roll. The meat on the sandwich is traditionally served rare, thin cut, with the top bun getting a dip au jus and spread with horseradish. Wowza.

That one looks quite good, reminds me of the RB Heros from Mama Joy's I had for lunch or dinner fairly often while Studying Bullshit and fucking Illuminati Spawn at Columbia.

When was the last time you cooked up your own RB though at home? ???

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 16, 2018, 04:14:05 AM »
The only way I could even try to better that oh so tasty looking creation a smidgeon is to request mine on a poppy seed roll. A nice thick one blackened with poppy seeds. :icon_sunny:

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #439 on: March 16, 2018, 10:29:29 AM »
The only way I could even try to better that oh so tasty looking creation a smidgeon is to request mine on a poppy seed roll. A nice thick one blackened with poppy seeds. :icon_sunny:

I'm with you. I also prefer poppy seeds to salt. The Kimmelweck rolls are good-- I'd never had them before that trip-- but the secret is to get a roll with a stiff enough exterior to remain viable as the interior absorbs that au jus.

Sweet bleeding Jesus, that is good.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🐟 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 3/16/2018
« Reply #440 on: March 16, 2018, 05:24:25 PM »
Missed Lunch 2day. I got up late and then went on a prep run.  So we're having an early dinner.  It's Fish🐟 Friday, so today we'll have that Alaskan Favorite, Salmon🐟!

RE

Baked Honey Mustard Salmon🐟 with Dill
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍿 Doomstead Diner Midnite Munchy Special: 3/17/2018
« Reply #441 on: March 17, 2018, 12:09:29 AM »
Since we missed Lunch yesterday and had an early Dinner, getting hungry here in the wee hours.  We need some MUNCHIES!  :icon_sunny:

Given the ongoing Political Circus and non-stop entertainment coming from Washington, the obvious choice for tonight's Midnite Munchie is...POPCORN!🍿  :happy1:

Ever see Popcorn🍿 Pop in Super Slo-Mo?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FSZd33awqQk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/FSZd33awqQk</a>

That is air popped though.  My preference is for traditional Oil popped.  That is how I made it with my sister when I was 4-5 before we left for Brazil.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/p_7Qi3mprKQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/p_7Qi3mprKQ</a>

Then they came up with Jiffy-Pop before the days of Microwave.

Nowadays we also have the popular Popcorn eating animated gifs too.

Popcorn🍿

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
☘️ Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 3/17/2018
« Reply #442 on: March 17, 2018, 07:10:17 AM »
We are ending our Soup🥣4Breakfast Specials here at the Diner a day early in honor of St. Paddy's☘️ Day.   :icon_sunny:  Today we will go ALL IRISH☘️ for our meals, starting out with a full Irish☘️ Breakfast.  Unsurprisingly, it's not a whole lot different than the full Brit breakfast featured here for a Breakfast Special a while back.  Differs from the full Amerikan Breakfast with the inclusion of Baked Beans and sauteed Mushrooms🍄 and Tomatoes🍅.  No Biscuits and Gravy.  Often does have Potatoes🥔 though.

RE

Full Irish☘️ Breakfast
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 08:48:15 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: ☘️ Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 3/17/2018
« Reply #443 on: March 17, 2018, 08:25:26 AM »
We are ending our Soup🥣4Breakfast Specials here at the Diner a day early in honor of St. Paddy's☘️ Day.   :icon_sunny:  Today we will go ALL IRISH☘️ for our meals, starting out with a full Irish☘️ Breakfast.  Unsurprisingly, it's not a whole lot different then the full Brit breakfast featured here for a Breakfast Special a while back.  Differs from the full Amerikan Breakfast with the inclusion of Baked Beans and sauteed Mushrooms🍄 and Tomatoes🍅.  No Biscuits and Gravy.  Often does have Potatoes🥔 though.

RE

Full Irish☘️ Breakfast

Sure looks good, but would have to consider it in the category of overkill for breakfast, before a day of boozing and corned beef gorging. 

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: ☘️ Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 3/17/2018
« Reply #444 on: March 17, 2018, 08:28:04 AM »
Sure looks good, but would have to consider it in the category of overkill for breakfast, before a day of boozing and corned beef gorging.

Corned Beef & Cabbage coming for Lunch! Diners have big appetites.  :icon_sunny:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
☘️ Doomstead Diner Lunch Special: 3/17/2018
« Reply #445 on: March 17, 2018, 12:15:42 PM »
Can't have St. Paddy's Day☘️ without Corned Beef & Cabbage! :icon_sunny:  You also want those great Irish Potatoes🥔 and Carrots🥕 with it!  Wash it all down with a nice Guinness Stout.

RE

Corned Beef & Cabbage

« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 12:20:42 PM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
☘️ Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 3/17/2018
« Reply #446 on: March 17, 2018, 04:28:28 PM »
For our final solid food meal on St. Paddy's Day☘️, we're going with another CLASSIC, the Irish Stew!  :icon_sunny:  In this one, not only do you wash the meal down with Guinness, it's part of the recipe too!  :icon_sunny:

Following the meal for our Dessert Apperitif, we go to our FABULOUS selection of Irish Whisky!  ;D Only the best booze here at the Diner Bar!  :icon_sunny:

I anticipate a nasty hangover tomorrow.  ::)

RE

Irish Stew

« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 02:33:27 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍹 Doomstead Diner Sunday Smörgåsbord Special: 3/18/2018
« Reply #447 on: March 18, 2018, 02:26:54 AM »
As expected after a full day of celebrating St. Paddy☘️, the hangover was REALLY bad! 🤢  I'll never do that again!  Until next year anyhow.  ::)

I also ate far too much food and puked my guts up twice, once at the parade then again at the bar and actually hit the bartender.  They kicked me out for that.  :(  I don't see why, they served me the booze!  They were complicit in this crime!  Why am I the only one held responsible for vomiting up 2 Gallons of Guinness Stout, a liter of Irish Whisky, a full Irish Breakfast, Corned Beef & Cabbage and Irish Stew?  ???   :icon_scratch:

Anyhow, arriving at the Smörgåsbord at the Diner this morning, I couldn't bear the thought of stomaching any of the fabulous foods offered at the various Buffet Tables, and headed straight for the Bar where I ordered a lightly loaded Bloody Mary🍹 for Breakfast.  This did wonders for resolving my hangover issues.  :icon_sunny:  I feel much better now.

RE

Lightly Loaded Bloody Mary
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 02:29:46 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥗 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 3/18/2018
« Reply #448 on: March 18, 2018, 04:28:14 PM »
Still recovering from the consumption of Mass Quantities of Food & Booze on St. Paddy's☘️ day.  Going light for dinner tonight on Special for a basic Caesar Salad🥗 for roughage to clear the colon and beef consomme🍜 to replace some nutrients lost while puking🤮.  Should be fully recovered by tomorrow for a normal week of Diner Specials.  :icon_sunny:

RE

Caesar Salad🥗

Beef Consomme🍜
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 04:38:45 PM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥔 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 3/19/2018
« Reply #449 on: March 19, 2018, 04:04:51 AM »
Ran into this one while looking for Irish Breakfasts on St. Paddy's☘️ Day.  An Irish version of the Potato🥔 Pancake.  I wonder how it compares to Jewish Potato🥔 Latkes? ???  :icon_scratch:

RE

Boxty
Save As Many As You Can