4 (36.4%)
Poached
2 (18.2%)
Soft Boiled
1 (9.1%)
Hard Boiled
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

AuthorTopic: Doomstead Diner Menu  (Read 37003 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
🍱 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 4/15/2018
« Reply #600 on: April 15, 2018, 03:36:13 PM »
We haven't featured one of our many Jap Bento Box 🍱 combinations in quite some time, which our Nip Female Chef Yoko NoNo has been nagging me about.  I am concerned Yoko will charge me with sex abuse, because once I touched her apron accidentally while slicing up Octopus for Sashimi.  I SWEAR this was not on purpose!  I just accidentally lost control of my very hard 9" Chef's Knife!

This Bento Box 🍱 is relatively "light" after the major Pig🐷 Out at the Sunday Smorgasbord Special earlier today.

RE

Bento Box 🍱 #2
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Doomstead Diner Menu
« Reply #601 on: April 15, 2018, 05:40:46 PM »
Lovely fare, but "Tax Day" this year is 4/17.

Like I said, you get X-tra time when April 15th falls on the weekend.

RE

Like I said, “tax day” is on April 17, as I said, as opposed to April 16, as you said.

Got it?

Like I said, X-tra day or TWO.  Got it?

RE

Jesus, you can't stand correction of any sort, can you?

The Hannity of Doom.

"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Doomstead Diner Menu
« Reply #602 on: April 15, 2018, 05:48:41 PM »

Jesus, you can't stand correction of any sort, can you?

LOL. OK, I admit I was WRONG on this meaningless correction of a day on the due date of taxes this year.  Mea Culpa.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥞 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 4/16/2018
« Reply #603 on: April 16, 2018, 12:31:50 AM »
Heading over to Belgium this morning in the Diner Private Jet✈️ for some Waffles for Breakfast!  Since they buy so many USTs when we need them to, it's only fair we buy Waffles back from them.  This is Fair Trade!  ::)

RE

Belgian Waffles
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥣 Doomstead Diner Lunch Special: 4/16/2018
« Reply #604 on: April 16, 2018, 05:58:50 AM »
Asian4Lunch Week is OVAH, and we are back to the Amerikan side of the pond for good Old Fashioned Amerikan Lunches!  :icon_sunny:

Today, we will go with a Navy Bean and Ham recipe. 😋  If you don't make your own stock, I recommend a 50-50 Chicken-Veggie Stock for this one.

RE

Navy Beans & Ham🥣
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 04:02:08 PM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🐍 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 4/16/2018
« Reply #605 on: April 16, 2018, 03:16:00 PM »
It's Doomer Dinner Week here on the Diner!  :icon_sunny:

This week we will offer unconventional Meats currently consumed even today which the Prepper might find worthwhile to practice cooking up today for the future.  I will NOT be covering Insect Foods in this week's series!

We'll begin with a favorite of folks living in the Tropical Rainforest, PYTHONS! 🐍

RE

Smoked & Braised Python🐍
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: 🐍 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 4/16/2018
« Reply #606 on: April 16, 2018, 05:03:45 PM »

This week we will offer unconventional Meats currently consumed even today which the Prepper might find worthwhile to practice cooking up today for the future.  I will NOT be covering Insect Foods in this week's series!

We'll begin with a favorite of folks living in the Tropical Rainforest, PYTHONS! 🐍

Good week for a cleansing fast.

::)
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 🐍 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 4/16/2018
« Reply #607 on: April 16, 2018, 08:45:26 PM »

Good week for a cleansing fast.

::)

You can do that now of course, but when SHTF Day comes to our neighborhood choices on the Diner Menu will be limited.  This is a good time to get your palate adjusted to some of the potential new offerings.  ;D

Wait until you get a load of the dishes for the rest of the week!  :o

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍳 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 4/17/2018
« Reply #608 on: April 17, 2018, 12:49:06 AM »
Another favorite Omelet for RE, Asparagus, Smoked Salmon and Brie!  :icon_sunny:

RE

Asparagus, Smoked Salmon & Brie Omelet
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥪 Doomstead Diner Lunch Special: 4/17/2018
« Reply #609 on: April 17, 2018, 08:31:08 AM »
Another favorite college era lunch from Mama Joy's was a hard salami and provolone hero.  Back then they did not heat them up in a Panini grill though, they are even better done this way though.  By the pound, salami comes in pretty cheap compared to other deli meats and 1/4 lb of salami and 1/8 lb of provolone will make a great Panini.  You can add other ingredients to taste, lettuce, tomatoes, onions etc.  All you need is a George Foreman grill and about 5 minutes to heat it up.  Keep one at the office you have instant Gourmet Lunches.  Much better than Microwaving.

RE

Salami & Provolone Panini
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 06:33:38 PM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🐌 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 4/17/2018
« Reply #610 on: April 17, 2018, 05:07:20 PM »
Here is a current favorite for the Frogs over in Paris even pre-Collapse. Escargot, aka SNAILS 🐌.

One year in my visits with Dad the Pigman in Oz, we had a Snail🐌 Invasion on the front lawn.  Literally hundreds of them.  I collected them in a bucket and froze them, and then would thaw them and sautee in butter, herbs and garlic a dozen or so at a time for a meal addition or appetizer.  A little greasy, but otherwise very good eating!  :icon_sunny:  To this day I have absolutely no idea why we got this snail🐌 invasion, it never happened again in all my other visits to Oz.

RE

Escargot🐌 in Herb Butter & Garlic
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥞 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 4/18/2018
« Reply #611 on: April 18, 2018, 02:22:51 AM »
One of my aunts who was 2nd generation Ruskie made these.  She had two kids (my cousins) who were among the few relatives of my age that I could tolerate, so I slept over there in my early years before Brazil, and a couple of times after returning.  Unlike my mom, she was a FABULOUS cook, and whatever it was she whipped up for any meal was a culinary delight!  Her hubby was a Butcher and even though they didn't make that much money, he always brought home the best cuts of meat.  She was a Housewife stay at home mom.  That was back in the 60s of course, when such creatures still existed.  ::)  No washing machine even, she did all the laundry on a washboard by hand.  No dishwasher.  They did have a fridge though.

RE

Ricotta and Apple Syrniki (сы́рники) 🥞
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
⛵ Doomstead Diner Lunch Special: 4/18/2018
« Reply #612 on: April 18, 2018, 04:27:41 AM »
Greetings Diners!  :icon_sunny:  It's Karl "Ernest Hemingway" Kollapsnik here, standing in for RE who is napping down in the cabin of my Ian Farrier F22-r racing configuration Trimaran.  RE is dong a lot of napping these days.  He did prepare Lunch for us this morning though before we took off on the Regatta.  It's one of his World Famous Maine Lobster Wraps.  I'm here with Kenny and Karen after a fun Road Trip pulling the boat with my converted Kenworth T-2000 Bugout Machine from my lake in Montana here to Bar Harbor where RE runs the Doomstead Diner, when he is not napping or coughing and retching his guts up on the toilet.  You may have read about us in "How I Survived Collapse", RE's comedic novel about gadget addicted preppers.  After the Regatta, we're going to visit REs Top Secret Island off the coast of Maine where he has 5 years of preps buried which he has been shipping over there with his 38' Nauticat Motor Sailer over the last couple of years.

Here's a video of us cruising the harbor in Cassandra and eating lunch.  Doing a nice comfortable 15 knots, and we were so far out in front that enjoying the Lobster Wraps while sailing was no issue.  I barely even had to trim the sails.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rKqHYYmfBQc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rKqHYYmfBQc</a>

Karl "EH" Kollapsnik

Lobster BLT Wrap
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🐿️ Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 4/18/2018
« Reply #613 on: April 18, 2018, 04:44:04 PM »
Coincidentally after talking about dead rabbits this morning, I already had this Doomer Dinner planned, Squirrel!🐿️

Don't waste your Ammo for squirrels🐿️, they're EZ to trap.

Or you can use your slingshot to stun them, then dispatch humanely and quickly with your big ass hunting knife.

Skinning your squirrels🐿️ is not much different than skinning a rabbit🐇.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4c8OyexZ10E" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4c8OyexZ10E</a>

Now, let's enjoy tonight's SHTF Day meal.  :icon_sunny:

Squirrel🐿️.  It's whats for Dinner.

RE

Buffalo Squirrel🐿️ Wings
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 04:48:08 PM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍳 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 4/19/2018
« Reply #614 on: April 19, 2018, 02:05:47 AM »
Only two types of people will make one of these for breakfast.  A professional chef in a high end restaurant or a complete foodie nutcase when he has all morning to prepare the thing and cook it to perfection  This is not a morning meal you whip up for yourself before you rush out the door to jump on the subway for the morning commute. Also not something you cook up for the kiddies even if you are a stay at home Mr. Mom. Also even if it is Sunday Morning, just for yourself it's not worth the trouble to make one just for yourself.  You gotta be serving breakfast for at least 4 people to make this worthwhile.  Even then it's questionable.  They're not THAT much different than a Quiche made with similar ingredients, and the quiche you can keep in the fridge and eat all week for breakfast or lunch.  I only made souffles while at Capsuto Freres.  It's a pain in the ass.

RE

Breakfast Souffle🍳
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN