PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Doomstead Diner Menu

Poll

How do you like your eggs best?

Scrambled
4 (36.4%)
Sunny Side Up
0 (0%)
Over Easy
4 (36.4%)
Poached
2 (18.2%)
Soft Boiled
1 (9.1%)
Hard Boiled
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

AuthorTopic: Doomstead Diner Menu  (Read 40592 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
🍩 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 5/16/2018
« Reply #705 on: May 16, 2018, 05:21:55 AM »
Go Nuts with Doughnuts🍩!  :icon_sunny:

The Diner makes the best Doughnuts🍩 on Earth!  We have unlimited protection from the Cops due to the high quality of our Doughnuts🍩 and Coffee :coffee:!

Buy a Dozen and you will forget Collapse is even a problem until you finish them.  Then buy another Dozen.  You'll get fat, but you won't worry too much about Nuclear War with Korea.

RE

Doughnuts! 🍩

SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍔 Doomstead Diner Lunch Special: 5/16/2018
« Reply #706 on: May 16, 2018, 11:28:37 AM »
In another of our Billionaire Burger🍔 series of Lunches for the insanely rich Masters of the Universe, today we are featuring the favored Burger🍔 of Lord Rothschild and David Rockefeller on one of their periodic visits to the Diner for Lunch.  We Tripled the already really exorbitant Price for this Burger🍔 when they showed up.  They never even noticed.

David  and Nathan in their Private Dining Suite at the Diner

RE

Fillet Mignon Burger🍔
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🐑 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 5/16/2018
« Reply #707 on: May 16, 2018, 06:52:51 PM »
We're going for Lamb🐑 Loin tonight for the Dinner Special.  :icon_sunny:

The usual cut of Baby Baa-Baa I favor is Rack of Lamb🐑, or cut into individual sections known as "Baby Lamb🐑 Chops" by my Mom.  Not to be confused with Loin Chops which are pretty good also but don't have quite the same texture or fat content.  Definitely not to be confused with Shoulder Chops which are nowhere near as good and tasty and tougher in texture also.

For today, no chops instead we are going for Lamb🐑 Loin, an expensive cut of lamb🐑 you don't often see in the Food Superstore, where the common cuts are Leg of Lamb🐑 and the aforementioned Rack of Lamb🐑.  When you do run across it, it's a definite BUY, unless they are charging a totally outrageous price for it.

RE

Lamb🐑 Loin with Parmesan Risotto & Wild Mushrooms
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍝 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 5/17/2018
« Reply #708 on: May 17, 2018, 10:48:41 PM »
Another Pasta🍝 Special from the Diner!  :icon_sunny:  Thursday is becoming the default Pasta🍝/Noodles/Vegan. Generally speaking, these dishes will come from overseas, Italian for the Pasta🍝, Asian for the Nooldes, Indian for the Vegan. Other countries produce some very good dishes from this Grain Product of Industrial Agriculture and will get featured on Thursdays also as the Dinner Special Dinner Dish.

For our Kickoff Dish, we are going with Italian Manicotti.  Like Shells, Manicotti are really EZ to stuff with your favorite stuffing, but are much EZier to make since you don't even need a pasta🍝 maker for these, you just roll out your fresh pasta🍝 and then roll🍝 up your manicottis in them.  You can of course also buy frozen Manicotti Shells, but IMHO if you are going for frozen pasta, just buy the Shells for a stuffed pasta meal.  You don't need to make fresh pasta for shells, and the end product is basically the same.  Nothing beats fresh pasta🍝 though, and Manicotti is probably the fastest one you can do up with just a rolling pin.   Baking is recommended here rather than boiling.  You can also try steaming as an alternative.  I can roll out a dozen Manicotti shelss in 15 minutes x-tra prep time for the meal.  Not a lot even for the Bizzy drone working a boring Industraial civilization job.

RE

Spinach & Ricotta Stuffed Manicotti
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍳 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 5/18/2018
« Reply #709 on: May 18, 2018, 02:01:22 AM »
Bagels don't HAVE to come with Lox.   A really fresh good NYC Bagel is good with just a shmear of Cream Cheese or if straight out of the oven, even nothing at all.

Another highly recommended Breakfast Special from RE is our Bagel & Eggs, Smoked Ham and Sharp Cheddar or Aged Swiss Cheese.  You can also order custom for other cheese choices and our Smoked Mangalitsa Bacon, Canadian style Bacon or Breakfast Sausage Links.  A Serving of Buckwheat Blueberry Pancakes smothered in Canadian Maple or Alaska Birch Syrup is recommended.

RE

Bagel & Eggs 🍳

Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes🥞

« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 06:50:14 AM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🦀 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 5/18/2018
« Reply #710 on: May 18, 2018, 08:06:19 PM »
It's Fish Friday again here at the Diner for Dinner!  :icon_sunny:

I missed Lunch again, partly napping but mostly getting all my camera gear and my Ewz ready to ship with my crippled carcass  over to the WEDDING tomorrow.  I hope to get a lot of good pics and vids, tooling around on the Ewz.  I don't have the bracket I want for the Ewz as of yet to make a good Cripple Cart Cam, but I may be able to use one of my Gorillapods for this purpose.

Today we return to my favorite Shellfish from Alaska, the King Crab🦀, specifically the Golden King Crab🦀 which has the sweetest meat.  It broke through the $20 barrier a few months ago and soared to $30/lb.  Still occassionally available ON SALE at $20 though.

As with Lobster, I generally eat crab🦀  prepared real simple with a steaming and then a dip of clarified butter and a squirt of lemon juice from a fresh lemon.  However, fancier preparations can be quite good as well. :icon_sunny:

RE

Tropical Coconut-Lime Glazed Alaska King Crab🦀 with Sweet Panko Thai Brittle
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 07:53:59 AM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍳 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 5/19/2018
« Reply #711 on: May 19, 2018, 02:30:48 AM »
Another GREAT Breakfast Combo is Lox & Eggs!  :icon_sunny:

Best done as a Scramble, and don't add the Lox until the egs are almost cooked to your favored consistency.  For this combo, I prefer my eggs sitll quite "wet" when pulling them off the skillet.  You can add other shit as well, caramelized onions are very good with this meal for instance.  Finely diced Jalapeno Peppers also good if you like Spicy, and Capers always good as a topper/garnish.

RE

Lox, Eggs & Avocado on Toast 🍳

« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 10:11:43 PM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🌮 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 5/19/2018
« Reply #712 on: May 19, 2018, 11:07:14 PM »
Missed Lunch again.  ::) This time I have a good Excuse, we had the OTHER Wedding today up here on the Last Great Frontier between my Household Helpers/Drivers James & Serra.  Not as Famous or as Posh as that Brit Wedding everybody else was watching on TV, but still very nice.  I bought the Hall for them and they will pay me back with help over the next 1-2 months.  I set up a ledger to account for all their hours until they pay it off.  I pay double the min wage plus bonuses for anything real labor intensive.  Time and a half for over 8 hours.  No medical or retirement bennies though.  However, it is all cash. LOL.

It was a thoroughly exhausting and painful day for RE to get through, but I did make it.   I am back home safe in the digs.  I wanted to do one more Wedding Photography job before I buy my ticket to the Great Beyond.  Another Bucket List item accomplished.  I will tell you that even using the Ewz as my mobile camera platform, it was a difficult trial.  Barring some miraculous recovery, I will not be returning to the Wedding Photography biz as a part time hobby. The place would be GREAT to hold a Diner Convocation and see who throws the first IRL Punch. LOL.  I could rent the Hall for one or two nights of Presentations, and then we could rent cabins for a Long Weekend or longer if enough Diners have enough time and want to do some Alaska exploration  The renovated cabins will be open for biz beginning in July, a great time of year to visit the Last Great Frontier.

I'll put up some pics and maybe vids if James & Serra give me permission  Meanwhile I am skipping Steak Saturday and instead featuring the Dinner Meal from the Wedding, which was a Taco Buffet prepare the night before at home by James.  He was up until 1AM getting it done and then his twin infants got him up at 6AM.  He was stressing big time at the Wedding.  ::)  They used two of my Slow Cookers and 3 of their own for the Shredded Chicken and Beef, Tacos, Rice, Refried Beans, Melted Cheese and Chili. 

RE

Tacos!

Refried Beans & Yellow Rice
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 07:53:20 AM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: 🌮 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 5/19/2018
« Reply #713 on: May 20, 2018, 05:06:19 AM »
Missed Lunch again.  ::) This time I have a good Excuse, we had the OTHER Wedding today up here on the Last Great Frontier between my Household Helpers/Drivers James & Serra. 

A far more worthwhile event, IMO. The American fascination with royals remains incomprehensible to me. Parasites all, but they DO know how to do pomp and ceremony. They are not as bad as the banksters and predatory capitalists, but all cut from the same cloth.

I wanted to do one more Wedding Photography job before I buy my ticket to the Great Beyond.  Another Bucket List item accomplished.  I will tell you that even using the Ewz as my mobile camera platform, it was a difficult trial.  Barring some miraculous recovery, I will not be returning to the Wedding Photography biz as a part time hobby.

Given your documented infirmities, the fact that you attempted this at all is both generous and foolhardy. People seriously underestimate the physical toll wedding photography exerts on the body, particularly a body in disrepair. You are in constant movement, generally with two camera bodies in tow, and holding five pounds of camera, lens and flash at eye level for hours. It is as nothing if you are a 25 year old athlete. When you are a superannuated old man with mobility issues, it takes a physical toll.

As noted before, you did a Good Thing for these folks. and now because of what you did, they'll have wedding photos they would not have had otherwise.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍳 Doomstead Diner Sunday Smorgasbord Special: 5/20/2018
« Reply #714 on: May 20, 2018, 06:25:37 AM »
Today we set up a Traditional Breakfast Buffet, of the kind you find at your medium to expensive Hotel Chains, like Quality Inn, the hotel I stayed at while visiting K-Dog and Comfort Inn, where Surly, myself and Monsta spent several nights on the way from Norfolk to South Carolina for the Second Convocation.

The difference between the Diner Breakfast Buffet and a Chain Hotel one is the scrambled eggs aren't powdered eggs or dried out, the scrambled are alwaus moist, light and fluffy.  We also always have one of our Chefs-in-Training to cook fresh organically grown free range chicken eggs to any stule you like, Sunnyside, Over EZ, Poached or soft  or hard boiled to your taste.  We also feature  Daily Quiches and a new fresh omelette every quarter hour.  Be first in line at the turn of the quarter to be sure to get your slice!  Only 32 slices per hour served!  Hash Browns always nice and crispy on the outside, soft and tender on the inside made from fresh Alaska Grown Potatoes, shipped here to Bar Harbor with our weekly order of King Crab, Salmon and Halibut.  Bacon only the finest Mangalitsa Pork from a secluded Doomstead in TX, smoked and shipped up to Bar Harbor with our weekly order of Gulf Oysters & Shrimp.  For Diners who prefer Steak to Pork as the morning breakfast meat, we have a wide variety of cuts available by custom order from our supplier of Prime Beef, Omaha Steaks

You will have to wait around 20 minutes for your Steak & Eggs with a Custom Order, but you can fill in the time with our selection of Doughnuts, Freshly Baked Pastries and fine Cheeses shipped in from around the world.

RE

Diner Traditional Hotel Breakfast Buffet 🍳

REs First Plateful at the Diner Hotel Breakfast Buffet 🍳

« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 07:59:35 AM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥥 Doomstead Diner Sunday Supper Special: 5/20/2018
« Reply #715 on: May 20, 2018, 04:32:04 PM »
To go with the Alliteration theme, I have decided to rename the Sunday second meal of the Day the "Sunday Supper", so now in addition to the Sunday Smorgasbord Special we have the "Sunday Supper Special".  I have never been precisely sure of the difference between "Supper" and "Dinner"? ??? At any rate, here at the Diner on Sundays we only do Specials for 2 meals a day,  The Buffet/Smorgasbord for Breakfast/Lunch "Brunch" and the Supper which is a sort of a  combination Lunch/Dinner or Dinner/Midnight Munchy depending what time you eat it.  Mon-Sat we serve 3 Specials a Day, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner except when the Chief Cook & Bottlewasher is Napping or otherwise unavailable.  For today's Sunday Supper, we are going to head for a Tropical Paradise on the Diner Sailboat and make good use of the marvelous fruit of the Coconut🥥 Tree.

RE

Spicy Coconut🥥 Chicken Soup

Coconut🥥 Shrimp with Spicy Orange Sauce

« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 04:51:03 PM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🐑 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 5/21/2018
« Reply #716 on: May 21, 2018, 12:54:03 AM »
It's another Collapse Manic Monday and time for all you early rising Kollapsniks to yank yourself out of bed (hopefully this is EZier for you than me) and get a good nutritious meal for your start on the workday ((which I thankfully no longer have, except for work I design for myself to stay bizzy and not go completely stir-crazy).

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SsmVgoXDq2w" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SsmVgoXDq2w</a>

Heading offshore again to a new country for the Breakfast Special, Uzbekistan.  Here is a Uzbeki Full Breakfast meal served at one of their roadside eateries for $2 USD.  So most Uzbekis would not be spending all this cash on one meal, but an overfed Amerikan Tourist might.  It's got Sheep🐑 Meat in it but I'm not sure what the rest of the stuff is.  I have only eaten Baby Lambs🐑 over my years as a Sheep🐑 Eater, so I'm not sure how different the taste or texture might be if it is full grown.  My guess would be a little tougher in texture but not too much different in taste.  Full grown Sheep🐑 Meat is called "Mutton"🐑, not generally served or even sold in modern Western restaurants and stores, you only get the cuts from the Baby Lambs🐑.

RE

Uzbekistan Mutton Big Breakfast

SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🐖 Doomstead Diner Lunch Special: 5/21/2018
« Reply #717 on: May 21, 2018, 08:59:10 AM »
I Jetted out of Uzbekistan this morning and we just landed the Diner Private Jet in Ulaanbaatar in Mongolia for a refuel to stop off for Lunch, on the way to China for a Meeting with Xi Jinping on how best to use Food to establish a new Detente between China and Amerika.  Ping-Pong Diplomacy worked great for Nixon, so this may work out.  Keep your fingers crossed.

Flight was very comfortable on the newly remodeled 747 Diner Private Jet, the Cassandra.  I watched "Last of the Mohicans" and "The Outlaw Josey Wales" to kill the time, along with checking in on Doom via the airborne Wi-Fi system on the Cassandra.

So for lunch today, I picked Mongolian PORK🐖.  You probably have had Mongolian Beef at some point, since it is sold all over the place in the FSoA, but the Pork🐖 version doesn't get much play.  This was a very nice change of pace and will be a new Menu Item here at the Diner.

RE

Mongolian Pork🐖
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🦆 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 5/21/2018
« Reply #718 on: May 21, 2018, 07:10:22 PM »
Made it to Beijing in time for the Dinner Meeting with Xi.  It was touch and go though for a while because the Smog was so bad the Diner Chief Pilot Amelia didn't deem it safe to land and we circled the airport for 2 hours before we got a decent clearing.

I killed the 2 hours playing chess with my Executive Assistant Alexandra, who joined the Diner Staff afer I met her at the Canadian Chess Championshis.

Xi himself is an excellent Chef, so we each cooked up dishes for the State Dinner, which I assure you was infinitely better than the Big Macs preferred by Trumpovetsky.  We both went with Classics, Xi made Peking Duck and I made stuffed Maine Lobster.  Before Dinner was actually served Xi and I made an agreement to open up the Asian branch of the Diner in Beijing, assuming I can get permission from Donaditry to offshore Waitressing and Busboy jobs to China. Xi himself will come in as a full partner witha 50% stake in the bizness. Dinner conversation was mostly Doom Small Talk about the potential of Global Thermonuclear War with North Korea before we can open the restaurant.

This was a long and exhaustin trip, and tomorow we will start the Journey back to Bar Harbor, continuing East with a stop in Hawaii, then Alaska and maybe a few other cities in the Lower 48 to explore more restaurants for new and creative reciipes to feature on the Diner Menu.  We did the Circumnavigation in well under 80 Days!  :icon_sunny:

RE

Peking Duck🦆 with Apple & Tamarind Sauce Xi

Scallop, Shrimp & Crab🦀 Stuffed RE Maine Lobster
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍱 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 5/22/2018
« Reply #719 on: May 22, 2018, 12:14:39 AM »
Xi and I really hit it off and we partied into the wee hours after drinking a Chinese Tea made from some herb I have never ingested before.  Xi had work in the morning though running a country of 1.3B people, and I do need to get back to Bar Harbor in time for some meetings at the Diner with the Iranian ambassador.  Midori the Flight Cook and Amelia the Pilot conspireded to surprise me with a fresh Japanese Breakfast.  By the time I was up and showered, breakfast was ready. Midori headed out by Taxi early to shop for the Fish for my morning Bento Box with my favorte varieties in there.  Pretty serious hangover from the many bottles of Ming Dynasty era Rice Wine Xi an I consumed during the Partying.

Beijing Tokyo
Beijing Tokyo

Morning breakfast aboard Nostradamus ws quite enjoyable for all of us, with lively discussion of our activities the night before.  The below Bento Box Breakfast is not an exact replica of all my favorites, but it is close.  Following breakfast, Amelia fired up the 4 big General Electric Engnes and planned a fligh path to Hawaii.

RE

RE's Morning Bento Box Breakfast
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN