4 (36.4%)
Poached
2 (18.2%)
Soft Boiled
1 (9.1%)
Hard Boiled
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

AuthorTopic: Doomstead Diner Menu  (Read 76787 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
🐑 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 5/30/2018
« Reply #735 on: May 30, 2018, 08:46:58 PM »
For tonight we feature on Special  Baa-Baa the Baby Lamb🐑.  As regular Diners know, my favorite cut of Lamb🐑 is Rack of Lamb🐑, or when cut up individually known in my household as a kid as "Baby Lamb🐑 Chops".  There are other "Lamb🐑 Chops" available of course and at cheaper prices such as Shoulder Chops.  They are not as good though, the meat is tougher and they don't have so much FAT on them. One type of chop though is just about as good as the Baby Lamb🐑 Chops which are Rib meat, and that is the Loin Chops.  Back when I was a kid, these generally were not available in my local grocery store, I only began to see them in the 80s here in the FSoA.  Down Under in Oz the cut was common in their meat sections, but my step mom (Dad the Pigman's 3rd Trophy Wife) was not a big fan of Lamb🐑.

Anyhow, the lamb🐑 loin chops look kind of like miniature T-Bone steaks and have a great texture & flavor.  You still don't see them on the Menu at too many restaurants though.  The favored cuts for Lamb🐑 at most FSoA are Rack of Lamb🐑  and Leg of Lamb🐑.  You'll also find most of your really good Lamb dishes at Greek restaurants, or better yet, a Taverna in the Greek Islands while sailing your Motor Sailer, the Good Ship Doomstead Diner with a good Retsina Wine and a bottle of Ouzo for an aperitif.  :icon_sunny:

RE

Grilled Lamb🐑 Loin Chops with Red Wine, Garlic and Honey Glaze
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥞 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 5/31/2018
« Reply #736 on: May 31, 2018, 05:09:40 AM »
When you have had these for Breakfast at the Diner, no other Pancake🥞 will cut the mustard, not even our Blueberry-Buckwheat Pancakes🥞!  Best served topped with fresh Canadian Maple Syrup.  From our culinary friends in Italy.

RE

Ricotta Cheese & Fresh Fruit Pancakes
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Doomstead Diner Menu
« Reply #737 on: May 31, 2018, 07:03:33 AM »
How inviting a dish this morning.

Can taste that one with my eyes it looks so scrumptious.   :emthup:

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥗 Doomstead Diner Lunch Special: 5/31/2018
« Reply #738 on: May 31, 2018, 12:20:48 PM »
Antipasto!

You can throw in just about anything you like into an Antipasto Salad🥗, but ingredients you shouldn't forget are the Olives, Dried Salami and Mozzarella Cheese.  After that it is up to you, I like Artichoke Hearts, Hearts of Palm, Anchovies, Tomatoes, Roasted Garlic, Roasted Peppers and Eggplant among other things.  Pick your favorite dressing too!

RE

Antipasto Salad
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: 🥗 Doomstead Diner Lunch Special: 5/31/2018
« Reply #739 on: May 31, 2018, 01:28:55 PM »
Antipasto!

You can throw in just about anything you like into an Antipasto Salad🥗, but ingredients you shouldn't forget are the Olives, Dried Salami and Mozzarella Cheese.  After that it is up to you, I like Artichoke Hearts, Hearts of Palm, Anchovies, Tomatoes, Roasted Garlic, Roasted Peppers and Eggplant among other things.  Pick your favorite dressing too!

RE

Antipasto Salad

Absolutely primo.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🌶️ Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 5/31/2018
« Reply #740 on: May 31, 2018, 09:33:43 PM »
Since both Breakfast & Lunch were Itie today, I decided to make it an "All Wop" day at the Diner for Specials.  For Dinner, we are featuring Stuffed Peppers.  :icon_sunny:  Note for Microwaveables Fans, the Stouffers version of these are not too bad.  At the Diner, we have many fillings available for order, and Custom Fillings are available as well.  Custom Fillings must be ordered in advance on our Online User Friendly ordering interface.  Encryption of your order via GPG4USB is Optional if you are aranid the NSA is logging your food eating habits.

RE

Stuffed Peppers
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 10:07:15 PM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥢 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 6/1/2018
« Reply #741 on: June 01, 2018, 02:01:54 AM »
This Breakfast is from the Tropical Rainforest in Indonesia. Very popular there.  Personally, I will go with the Big English Breakfast, even though I am no big fan of Baked Beans.  ::)

RE

🥢Bubur Ayam
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🐟 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 6/1/2018
« Reply #742 on: June 01, 2018, 03:56:36 PM »
Missed Lunch today.  Out shopping for Preps, this time some chain hardware at Lowes.  I'm working on connecting up my new Portable Winch to my Ewz to get it in and out of the Van.  I am out of energy though to further work on the system today.  I'll try and get to it tomorrow.

Brian is also coming up for a visit, so I am getting the Bedroom spruced up for a visitor.  Right now it is strictly Prep Storage.  On the way to Lowes I stopped off at Walmart and bought a Twin-over-Full Bunk Bed for him to sleep on.  I am going to use the top bunk for Prep Storage to free up floor space.  I also picked up yet another set of Industrial Strength Shelves to organize up the Preps.  The Shelving Companies in China are making a fortune off of me.  ::)  Hopefully my Household Helpers will be available this week for assembly and organization.

It's Fish🐟 Friday today of course here on the Diner, and this week's Special is Filet of Sole.  Sole is a very light and delicate fish🐟 which will take on whatever flavor you spice it up with, and there are of course many ways to do it.  If you have guests over who aren't generally Fish🐟 Fanatics, Sole is a good introduction to the joys of eating Fish🐟!  :icon_sunny:  This recipe looks quite good.

RE

Filet of Sole with Parmesan Cheese Sauce
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍳 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 6/2/2018
« Reply #743 on: June 02, 2018, 02:58:45 AM »
Asparagus is my favorite vegetable  :icon_sunny:  When I was a kid, only the Frozen version was acceptable, fresh asparagus wasn't available in those years in our local produce stores.  Your choice was canned or frozen, that was it.  The canned variety was simply too mushy for me, so only frozen made the grade.  In those years, I never put Asparagus in an Omelet.  They were always a Stand-Alone item in a larger Dinner meal, usually with butter and pepper topping them but sometimes Hollandaise Sauce.

Asparagus are much more ubiquitous now, you find them on the shelves of the local food superstore as often as Green Beans, although usually more expensive and often shipped up from Mexico.  They are not the EZiest to grow crop either, it takes a couple of years for a good asparagus crop to establish itself. I grew my own Asparagus for a few years after returning from Brazil in the backyard of MY HOUSE in Flushing. Fortunately for me growing up in the Age of Oil as I did, plenty of Asparagus was always available for my meals as I desired it.  I started adding it to Salads & Omelets in my mid-30s, when I was married.  It was often the side veggie with our Steaks at Capsuto Freres as well while I was a Sous Chef there.  Asparagus lends Class to any meal more than any other veggie.  Long Live Asparagus

Asparagus Omelet
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 03:15:09 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: 🍳 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 6/2/2018
« Reply #744 on: June 02, 2018, 03:38:06 AM »
Asparagus is my favorite vegetable  :icon_sunny:  When I was a kid, only the Frozen version was acceptable, fresh asparagus wasn't available in those years in our local produce stores.  Your choice was canned or frozen, that was it.  The canned variety was simply too mushy for me, so only frozen made the grade.  In those years, I never put Asparagus in an Omelet.  They were always a Stand-Alone item in a larger Dinner meal, usually with butter and pepper topping them but sometimes Hollandaise Sauce.

Asparagus are much more ubiquitous now, you find them on the shelves of the local food superstore as often as Green Beans, although usually more expensive and often shipped up from Mexico.  They are not the EZiest to grow crop either, it takes a couple of years for a good asparagus crop to establish itself. I grew my own Asparagus for a few years after returning from Brazil in the backyard of MY HOUSE in Flushing. Fortunately for me growing up in the Age of Oil as I did, plenty of Asparagus was always available for my meals as I desired it.  I started adding it to Salads & Omelets in my mid-30s, when I was married.  It was often the side veggie with our Steaks at Capsuto Freres as well while I was a Sous Chef there.  Asparagus lends Class to any meal more than any other veggie.  Long Live Asparagus

Asparagus Omelet

This is no bull shit. Have some asparagus bought a few days ago in the refrigerator to go with steaks tonight.

Frig the steaks, potatoes will have to do, making one of these babies right after I finish my first twp cups of java this morning.

Who could resist after seeing this picture and having eggs and asparagus sitting in refrigerator already.  :laugh: :emthup: :icon_sunny:

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #745 on: June 02, 2018, 04:49:59 AM »
 I started adding it to Salads & Omelets in my mid-30s, when I was married.  It was often the side veggie with our Steaks at Capsuto Freres as well while I was a Sous Chef there.  Asparagus lends Class to any meal more than any other veggie.  Long Live Asparagus

Asparagus Omelet

This is no bull shit. Have some asparagus bought a few days ago in the refrigerator to go with steaks tonight.

Frig the steaks, potatoes will have to do, making one of these babies right after I finish my first twp cups of java this morning.

Who could resist after seeing this picture and having eggs and asparagus sitting in refrigerator already.  :laugh: :emthup: :icon_sunny:

Me, three. Hated asparagus as a kid because it came from a can. Canned mush. Then later in life I discovered fresh steamed or parboiled asparagus. The heavens opened.

A local diner here makes an asparagus and feta omelette that would compare well in this space.

"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: June 02, 2018, 05:03:16 AM »

Asparagus Omelet

Also good combined with Garlic Sauteed Mushrooms  and Alfredo Sauce in your Omelet.  :icon_sunny:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #747 on: June 02, 2018, 05:20:12 AM »

Also good combined with Garlic Sauteed Mushrooms  and Alfredo Sauce in your Omelet.  :icon_sunny:

RE

Looks fantastic. Really.

Now I just might have to get to cooking.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: June 02, 2018, 05:33:50 AM »
Looks fantastic. Really.

Now I just might have to get to cooking.

In the Imaginary World of the Diner Kitchen, all Recipes are terrific and everything is perfectly cooked.  As much as I can, I now live in the world of the imaginary Diner Kitchen, the real world for me now is too terrible and unpleasant.  This morning I almost could not get out of the bed, much less cook an omelette for breakfast.  I hope I die soon.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Doomstead Diner Menu
« Reply #749 on: June 02, 2018, 06:10:20 AM »
Just had mine Diners, scrambled eggs with chopped asparagus and a dusting of grated Romano.

Simply magnificent.

Off to the trampoline park with the grandkids, want to take my beating, 30 bucks an hour per kid, and get it over with as soon as possible.

Tried to talk the two oldest into doing something worthwhile today, like start reading Tom Sawyer or Huckleberry Finn. They begged me to put off my request for another Saturday, not even the next one mind you, one off into the distance.

Anyone here ever get the notion they are and old fool living in the past?  ::) :-\