4 (36.4%)
Poached
2 (18.2%)
Soft Boiled
1 (9.1%)
Hard Boiled
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

AuthorTopic: Doomstead Diner Menu  (Read 36895 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: 🥧 Doomstead Diner Lunch Special: 7/12/2018
« Reply #930 on: July 12, 2018, 10:27:16 AM »
I am getting out today's Lunch Special before I fall asleep into a nap.  Also I have a Social Worker due for a visit this afternoon.

Similar to Quiche, another food type with Endless Variations is the PIZZA!  We havent featured Piza in a while so here's today's Pizza, of the Sicilian type (rectangular instead of round).Sicilian is great for  Buffet or a Kids sleepover where you can cut it into small rectangles which provide bite size chunks  which work better for a large number of people.  This version is the "Supreme"  U stull prefer  round shape with Sliew Pizza which you throw everything INCLUDING the Kitchen Sink!  I still prefer a round shape with slices on a thin. crisppy crut tho. 

RE

Sicilian Supreme Pizza
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Doomstead Diner Menu
« Reply #931 on: July 12, 2018, 01:55:00 PM »
Sicilian pizza is the best thing going if you are looking to gain weight. Heavy solid and delicious but real tough in the calorie dept. :P :P

Round thin crust is the way to go if your not starving and don't wish to carry your stomach around in a wheel barrel.  :laugh: ;D

A suggestion from a famed Diner Chef, his favorite by the way.  :icon_sunny:

Anchovy Pizza White or Red    MAGNIFICI!

Don't forget the Grape Juice!   :laugh: :icon_sunny: :emthup: :emthup:

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍜 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 7/12/2018
« Reply #932 on: July 12, 2018, 10:37:55 PM »
I got out all 3 meals today!  :icon_sunny:

Social Worker visit cancelled, the one assigned to my case was out.  I could really have used her today too.  I got 3 really big and unwieldy packages deivered today by Amazon, one quite heavy.

Question:  How does a cripple in an electric wheel chair get his deliveries inside?
Answer: With great difficulty.

Question: How does a cripple in an electric wheel chair get his orders assembled if they come in parts?
Answer:  He doesn't.  He leaves the packages cluttering up the fron Foyer until he finds somebody who will do it as a favor or for a fee.

Arriving today were 3 products to make the life of a cripple more feasible & bearable:

Item 1:

Lightest and Smallest package, a Versa-brella.  This is designed to keep the Sun or Rain off you when it is drizzling or hot out.  Lots of drizzle this year on the Last Great Frontier.  It attaches to your camping chair or cripple cart.  Don't use in high winds.  I wanted it just in case the weather isn't perfect on the Great Alaskan Road Trip.

RE

Item 2

Bamboo Laptop-in-Bed table.  Prepping for being bed bound in the not too distant future.  I have an aluminum fancy one that adust to all angles even laying on your back with the laptop upside down but it only has room for the laptop, no mouse, external SSD or USB Hub etc.

Item 3

4-Wheeled Walker w/ Brakes and seat/stowage.  Heavy package.  Ordered a couple of week ago when I was still able to do the RE Shuffle to replace the cane which was not enough support anymore.  Fast Forward to today and I don't think I can walk even using this until something is done about my feet.  This one takes assembly also, I'll get my Social Worker or Health Care Asst. to do it.  Hopefully I'll be able to use it in the future.  For now, it's Cripple Cart or No-Go anywhere.

OK, back to the TOPIC, tonight's Dinner.  A little late, but I wedged it in before the Witching Hour.  Our first from Myanmar I think.

mè hnat (stewed beef), chinyay hin (hot & sour soup), ngapi yay-jo (thin pickled fish sauce) and to za ya (raw or scalded vegetables
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥔 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 7/13/2018
« Reply #933 on: July 13, 2018, 05:13:07 AM »
For today's Breakfast Special we're flying Nostradamus over to Eastern Europe to join the Neo-Nazi bitter Ex-Pats for some Potato🥔 Pancakes.  Not sure what if any difference there is between Jewish Potato🥔 Pancakes and Nazi Potato🥔 Pancakes, the recipe looks the same to me either way.  In neither case though are Potato🥔 Pancakes a delicacy native to Europe, there were no Potatoes🥔 growing in Eurasia prior to the Europeans raping the North and South Amerikan continents.  Potatoes🥔 were domesticated first here by Peruvians.  They weren't called Peruvians back then though, because there was no Peru drawn on the map by European cartographers at that time.

The potato🥔 was first domesticated in the region of modern-day southern Peru and extreme northwestern Bolivia between 8000 and 5000 BC. It has since spread around the world and become a staple crop in many countries.

RE

Romanian Potato🥔 Pancakes
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍳 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 7/14/2018
« Reply #934 on: July 14, 2018, 05:37:15 AM »
Missed Lunch AND Dinner yesterday!  ::)  You must be hungry by now.  Let's go for the FULL Hun Breakfast today!  Krauts eat like pigs too!  Nice selection of charcuterie in the Nazi breakfast.

RE

Full German Breakfast
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: 🍳 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 7/14/2018
« Reply #935 on: July 14, 2018, 06:07:06 AM »
Missed Lunch AND Dinner yesterday!  ::)  You must be hungry by now.  Let's go for the FULL Hun Breakfast today!  Krauts eat like pigs too!  Nice selection of charcuterie in the Nazi breakfast.

RE

Full German Breakfast

UGH! Not for me.  :emthdown:

Rather a German beer for breakfast.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 07:12:32 AM by Surly1 »

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #936 on: July 14, 2018, 07:18:20 AM »

RE

Full German Breakfast

UGH! Not for me.  :emthdown:

Rather a German beer for breakfast.

RE, What is that oleaginous glop on the right of the plate?

@GO, in high school I had a friend whose grandfather started each morning with two raw eggs cracked into a fresh Duquesne pilsener.
Breakfast of Champions.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: July 14, 2018, 07:28:20 AM »

I think it is some type of Kraut Bologna, from the parts of the pig you wouldn't feed you dog.  Now you know why the Germans eat Sauerkraut with their meat.  It kills the taste of about anything that goes with it.  It also explains the general Hun temperament and why they sprang to life such notables as Attila and Adolf.  Merkel no doubt ate too much of this in her Brown Bag Lunches in elementary school.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #938 on: July 14, 2018, 07:43:29 AM »

I think it is some type of Kraut Bologna, from the parts of the pig you wouldn't feed you dog.  Now you know why the Germans eat Sauerkraut with their meat.  It kills the taste of about anything that goes with it.  It also explains the general Hun temperament and why they sprang to life such notables as Attila and Adolf.  Merkel no doubt ate too much of this in her Brown Bag Lunches in elementary school.

RE

I take  your point, but would observe that a good fresh sauerkraut is a fine counterpoint to the voluptuousness of a fat pork.

And in re Attila-- The Huns were a group of Eurasian nomads, appearing yo history from east of the Volga, who later migrated further into Western Europe and wore out the roman and Byzantine Empires. The Huns, especially those who migrated to the west, were likely a combination of central Asian and Mongol stock.

My wife's family is Irish and "German," and some of her brothers look like they could have ridden with Attila. The Hun stepped hard on that bloodline.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🌿 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 7/17/2018
« Reply #939 on: July 17, 2018, 03:57:15 AM »
Today's Special Recipes: Cooking with Cannabis

In order to make up for all the lost meals over the last couple of weeks. I am doing a full day special on recipes including GANJA!🌿  :icon_mrgreen:  For breakfast we will have the Bob Marley Omelet, which you need Cannabis🌿 Infused Olive Oil to cook.  But where do you buy Cannabis🌿 infused Olive Oil?  ???  :icon_scratch:  They're not even selling that in the Mary Jane🌿 shops up here yet!

Answer:
  You have to make it yourself, not a hard procedure.  If you grow your own, a great idea to stock your kitchen shelf with a couple of bottles for later recipes.

Here is a little tutorial on making your Happy Olive Oil.  :icon_sunny:  First you need to "decarboxylate".

What Is Decarboxylation, and Why Does Your Cannabis Need It?
Ardent Cannabis
Sponsored by Ardent Cannabis
April 30, 2016
(Patrick Bennett/Leafly)

The NOVA from Ardent Cannabis is a revolutionary product  that provides an accurate, low hassle, mess free decarb from the comfort of your own home.

Here’s a scenario we have all seen in film before: Somebody consumes an entire bag of raw cannabis in order to avoid getting caught with it. Eyes pop wide open and gasps ensue. “You just ate that whole bag!” somebody shouts. However, the aftermath of this scene usually involves a very different representation of what actually happens when you consume raw cannabis. Spoiler alert: The effects will be lackluster at best. Why is this the case?

The answer to this mystery lies in a process called decarboxylation, one that is necessary for us to enjoy the psychoactive effects of the cannabinoids we consume.

RELATED STORY
Cannabinoids 101: What Makes Cannabis Medicine?

Decarboxylation Explained
Cannabis flower

All cannabinoids contained within the trichomes of raw cannabis flowers have an extra carboxyl ring or group (COOH) attached to their chain. For example, tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA) is synthesized in prevalence within the trichome heads of freshly harvested cannabis flowers. In most regulated markets, cannabis distributed in dispensaries contains labels detailing the product’s cannabinoid contents. THCA, in many cases, prevails as the highest cannabinoid present in items that have not been decarboxylated (e.g., cannabis flowers and concentrates).

THCA has a number of known benefits when consumed, including having anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective qualities. But THCA is not intoxicating, and must be converted into THC through decarboxylation before any effects can be felt.

RELATED STORY
What Is THCA and What Are the Benefits of This Cannabinoid?

What Causes Decarboxylation?
Cannabis joint

The two main catalysts for decarboxylation to occur are heat and time. Drying and curing cannabis over time will cause a partial decarboxylation to occur. This is why some cannabis flowers also test for a presence of small amounts of THC along with THCA. Smoking and vaporizing will instantaneously decarboxylate cannabinoids due to the extremely high temperatures present, making them instantly available for absorption through inhalation.

While decarboxylated cannabinoids in vapor form can be easily absorbed in our lungs, edibles require these cannabinoids present in what we consume in order for our bodies to absorb them throughout digestion. Heating cannabinoids at a lower temperature over time allows us to decarboxylate the cannabinoids while preserving the integrity of the material we use so that we may infuse it into what we consume.

RELATED STORY
Dosing Homemade Cannabis Edibles: Why It’s Nearly Impossible to Calculate Potency

At What Temperature Does Decarboxylation Occur?
Cannabis concentrate on dab tool

The THCA in cannabis begins to decarboxylate at approximately 220 degrees Fahrenheit after around 30-45 minutes of exposure. Full decarboxylation may require more time to occur. Many people choose to decarboxylate their cannabis at slightly lower temperatures for a much longer period of time in attempts to preserve terpenes. Many mono and sesquiterpenes are volatile and will evaporate at higher temperatures, leaving potentially undesirable flavors and aromas behind. The integrity of both cannabinoids and terpenoids are compromised by using temperatures that exceed 300 degrees F, which is why temperatures in the 200’s are recommended.

Heat and time can also cause other forms of cannabinoid degradation to occur. For example, CBN (cannabinol) is formed through the degradation and oxidization of THC, a process that can occur alongside decarboxylation. CBN accounts for a much more sedative and less directly psychoactive experience.

RELATED STORY
What Is CBN and What Are the Benefits of This Cannabinoid?

How to Decarboxylate Cannabis at Home
Woman opening an oven

In order to decarboxylate cannabis at home, all you need is some starting material, an oven set to 220-235 degrees F (depending on your location and oven model), some parchment paper, and a baking tray. Finely grind your cannabis until the material can be spread thin over parchment and placed on your baking sheet. Allow the cannabis to bake for 30-45 minutes, or longer if desired.

Cannabis can also be decarboxylated in a slow cooker by introducing solvents such as cooking oils or lecithin. These methods create infusions that can be used in a variety of cooking recipes, topicals, and even cannabis capsules. Since they contain decarboxylated cannabinoids, they will be effective any way you choose to consume them.

RELATED STORY
How to Make Your Own Cannabis-Infused Coconut Oil Capsules

Now that you know how decarboxylation works, the next time you see somebody on television falling over onto the ground after eating an entire bag of shake, you’ll be able to laugh it off over a batch of your very own freshly baked and infused, fully decarboxylated cannabis cookies. Bon appetit!

Now let's make some Funny Olive Oil with Keira!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HqhE8JcM0jw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HqhE8JcM0jw</a>

Note:  You can use other cooking oils besides Olive Oil, like Walnut, Avocado or Sunflower.  Different oild with different flash points will give different tastes.  Experiment to find your favorite!

RE

Bob Marley Ganja🌿 Infused Cheese Omelet
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 04:19:50 AM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🌿 Doomstead Diner Ganja Special: 7/18/2018
« Reply #940 on: July 18, 2018, 01:43:45 AM »
Today's Special Recipes: Cooking with Cannabis

OK, just because I missed another 2 meals yesterday doesn't mean we have to end the Cooking with Cannabis tutorial.

Like Olive Oil, Butter is a great FAT FILLED medium in which to infuse the THC content of your Cannabis Crop for tasty injestion, saving your lungs from further damage.b the preparation is basically the same, the only slight difference is butter has a lower flash point than Olive Oil, so you have to watch it more closely to be sure it doesn't scorch or burn while simmering with the ground up and de-carboxylated Ganja buds.  Using a Sllow Cooker set on low is a good way to automate this so you don't have to hover over the stove the whole time.

Canna-Butter Finished Product

You can use the Canna-butter on anything from your morning toast or pancakes to some White Chocolate-Macadamia Nut cookies for lunch.  :icon_mrgreen:

Below is a great recipe contributed to the Diner by Cheech Marin & Tommy Chong.

RE

Cheech & Chong's Ganja & Garlic Shrimp Scampi over Linguini
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 09:17:23 AM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: July 18, 2018, 04:25:50 AM »
Cheech and Chong aren't even friends anymore. Tells you something, right?
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: July 18, 2018, 04:52:18 AM »

Lost on this one??  :icon_scratch:

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: July 18, 2018, 05:30:33 AM »

Smoking dope isn't good for long term friendships?  ???  :icon_scratch:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: July 18, 2018, 05:46:45 AM »
It's a story of two comedians. Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin, basically.

Cheech went mainstream, got his own TV show.. Chong stayed on the cannabis fringe, got busted, went to jail, etc.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.