4 (36.4%)
Poached
2 (18.2%)
Soft Boiled
1 (9.1%)
Hard Boiled
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

AuthorTopic: Doomstead Diner Menu  (Read 50385 times)

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: 🍳 🥑Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 11/7/2018
« Reply #1125 on: November 07, 2018, 07:21:03 AM »
I thought I invented this recipe, but apparently numerous other Chefs have come up with their own versions.  Eggs🍳 fit PERFECTLY inside the hole left from the avocado🥑 seed in the middle.  Baked with some Bacon🥓 & Cheese🧀, it is a Breakfast not to be missed!  :icon_sunny:

RE

Eggs🍳 & Avocado🥑

I have to tell you, this looks absolutely amazing. Have never had eggs like this. It's time.

Baked?
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: 🍳 🥑Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 11/7/2018
« Reply #1126 on: November 07, 2018, 05:24:54 PM »
I thought I invented this recipe, but apparently numerous other Chefs have come up with their own versions.  Eggs🍳 fit PERFECTLY inside the hole left from the avocado🥑 seed in the middle.  Baked with some Bacon🥓 & Cheese🧀, it is a Breakfast not to be missed!  :icon_sunny:

RE

Eggs🍳 & Avocado🥑

I have to tell you, this looks absolutely amazing. Have never had eggs like this. It's time.

Baked?

You can do it several ways.  Baked fits the egg perfectly into the avocado hole, but it's relatively tough to get the egg done perfectly like you like it this way.  Oven temperature and time are critical here.  Adding herbs to the avocado hole prior to dropping in the egg is also a good touch.  I lke to add some taragon to spruce it up with aroma and flavor.  You can alternatively either boil your egg to the done-ness you like or poach the egg.  Baking is nice if you like cheese with your egg, melting it over the top is very good.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍝 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 11/7/2018
« Reply #1127 on: November 07, 2018, 05:38:26 PM »
  ANTHONY!

It's Wednesday again, Pasta🍝 Night here in the Italian North End of the Diner.  Tonight we're going with Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Shells🍝.  I like to add some hot sausage to this recipe, but it's good straight cheese also. Sprinkle Pecorino Romano and shredded Parmesan over the top before serving.

RE

Spinach & Cheese Stuffed Shells🍝
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Doomstead Diner Menu
« Reply #1128 on: November 07, 2018, 05:45:40 PM »
We have an old cajun friend in the house, and she's made crawfish etouffee tonight.. Score!!!
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: November 07, 2018, 06:07:09 PM »
We have an old cajun friend in the house, and she's made crawfish etouffee tonight.. Score!!!

Where's the Pic?  Did it look like this one?

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: November 07, 2018, 07:03:38 PM »
I'm borrowing this but it looks pretty close. Darker roux than yours.

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: 🍝 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 11/7/2018
« Reply #1131 on: November 08, 2018, 02:17:19 AM »
  ANTHONY!

It's Wednesday again, Pasta🍝 Night here in the Italian North End of the Diner.  Tonight we're going with Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Shells🍝.  I like to add some hot sausage to this recipe, but it's good straight cheese also. Sprinkle Pecorino Romano and shredded Parmesan over the top before serving.

RE

Spinach & Cheese Stuffed Shells🍝

Looks unbelievably good. And it's near breakfast time for me!
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥗 Doomstead Diner Lunch Special: 11/8/2018
« Reply #1132 on: November 08, 2018, 01:38:54 PM »
Staying in Southern Europe after last night's fabulous Itie-style Stuffed Shells, we're going Greek today for Lunch with Spanikopita and a Greek Salad.  Popeye will tell you you cannot eat too much Spinach.  You also can never have too much Garlic.  Keeps away the Zombies and Vampires.  Personally, I like more Olives in my Greek salads than this one has, but overall it looks pretty good.

RE

Greek Salad with Garlic-Lemon Vinagarette

Spanikopita

SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: 🥗 Doomstead Diner Lunch Special: 11/8/2018
« Reply #1133 on: November 08, 2018, 01:50:13 PM »
Staying in Southern Europe after last night's fabulous Itie-style Stuffed Shells, we're going Greek today for Lunch with Spanikopita and a Greek Salad.  Popeye will tell you you cannot eat too much Spinach.  You also can never have too much Garlic.  Keeps away the Zombies and Vampires.  Personally, I like more Olives in my Greek salads than this one has, but overall it looks pretty good.

RE

Greek Salad with Garlic-Lemon Vinagarette

Spanikopita

FWIW, you're just killing it this week.

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 🥗 Doomstead Diner Lunch Special: 11/8/2018
« Reply #1134 on: November 08, 2018, 01:58:09 PM »
FWIW, you're just killing it this week.

TKs.  :icon_sunny:

I'm a life long foodie and have sampled just about everything I put up here, and often have cooked up my own versions of the stuff.  It's one of my greatest disappointments as I make my way to the Great Beyond that I no longer can enjoy these dishes as I once did. :(  It's my own version of Hell on Earth.  I am doing a bit better lately, but it is still very hard for me to eat.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍞 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 11/9/2018
« Reply #1135 on: November 09, 2018, 12:27:24 AM »
Of all the breakfasts you can fix for yourself, nothing is quite as good as a Gourmet Breakfast Toast.  Unfortunately however, these suckers are a pain in the ass to prepare for yourself, and you need a good variety to really make it an exceptional meal.  As a result, about the only place you ever find these things is at really high end restaurants and a few high end breakfast buffets.  This breakfast has, count 'em, EIGHT different breakfast toasts!  The most I ever made for myself for breakfast was 3 different ones, 2 of each for a total of 6.  You gotta run a restaurant to have this many varieties to serve up.

RE

Breakfast Toast
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🦐 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 11/9/2018
« Reply #1136 on: November 09, 2018, 03:55:08 PM »
It's Fish Friday here again at the Doomstead Diner.  :icon_sunny:

For today's Dinner Special we are leaving southern Europe and heading East, to the Szechuan Province of China, famous for it's spicy food.  Back when I was a kid in Flushing, the only Chinese restaurants around were all Cantonese, which while quite good is also quite bland compared to Szechuan dishes.  The first Szechuan restaurants outside of Chinatown in NY Shity didn't start popping up until the 1970s.

My most vivid recollection of Szechuan cooking came from a restaurant near Columbia where I took my Illuminati Spawn girlfriend out to dinner regularly.  Well, actually she took me out because she always charged these meals to Daddy's Credit Card.  :icon_sunny:  On the occasion I remember best, one of the fillings dropped in my teeth by one of the incompetent Dentistas who ruined my teeth had fallen out, leaving a huge cavern that got filled up with food whenever I ate, until I finally paid through the nose once again to have it fixed.  In this meal, a big hunk of a hot pepper got stuck in the hole and I couldn't get it out.  My mouth was on fire and I started to sweat profusely, drinking ice water and swishing it around in my mouth until finally the pepper dislodged itself after maybe 15 minutes of torture.  It was quite a while before I went back for another Szechuan meal.

RE

Szechuan Shrimp🦐
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 03:57:37 PM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥩 Doomstead Diner Dinner Special: 11/10/2018
« Reply #1137 on: November 10, 2018, 04:11:27 PM »
It's Steak🥩 Saturday in the Diner Kitchen, and we're staying East for this meal, coming from Mongolia.  It's a fast dish to cook up, as most Wok dishes are, the original Fast Food.  You also don't need to use expensive cuts of meat🥩 for it, best choice IMHO is boneless Short Ribs🥩 or Tri-Tip🥩.  Use a nice stainless steel or cast iron Wok for this, not one of those disgusting Teflon Woks.

RE

Mongolian Beef🥩
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🍓 Doomstead Diner Sunday Smorgasbord Special: 11/11/2018
« Reply #1138 on: November 11, 2018, 08:06:08 AM »
I went a little overboard this morning cruising the tables at the Smorgasbord.  ::)  On the upside, I won't have to eat again for at least a week.

RE

Smorgasbord Big Brunch
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🐖 Doomstead Diner Breakfast Special: 11/12/2018
« Reply #1139 on: November 12, 2018, 12:56:43 AM »
It's Meat Monday again here in the Diner Kitchen, and we are going ALL IN with a hearty dose of Dead Mammal Flesh in all our meals today.  This is a day the Diner Vegans should avoid this thread.  ::)

RE

Scrambled Eggs with Sweet Potato Biscuits, Ham Steak and Red-Eye Gravy
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN