AuthorTopic: Seastead of the Day  (Read 22277 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Seastead of the Day
« Reply #210 on: February 13, 2018, 12:11:05 PM »
Call me when the funding comes through. I'll be happy to practice there for a while.

Grant funding is generally matching funds.  I will put up $50K, if you put up $50K we are in BIZNESS!   :icon_sunny:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 13, 2018, 12:59:57 PM »
100K won't pay for dockage for a commercial BnB location for the first year. Put your 50K in Canadian pot stocks and Kohl's.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 13, 2018, 01:15:16 PM »
$100K is just our down payment.  We'll need a loan to get going here on the order of $2M.  A few more investors would be good.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
⛵ Seastead of the Day
« Reply #213 on: February 22, 2018, 05:04:18 AM »
This beauty is just the right size and in pristine condition, also located already in Maine so I wouldn't have to sail the Northwest Passage to get there.  :icon_sunny:  Top quality Finnish boatbuilders.  Price is high though, it would stretch my nest egg to the breaking point.  :(  Need a partner for this one.  ;)

RE

http://www.boats.com/sailing-boats/1997-nauticat-38-5273031/?refSource=similar%20listing#.Wo68xeeUuUk

Is that Pilot station cool or what?  8)

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: ⛵ Seastead of the Day
« Reply #214 on: February 22, 2018, 09:11:51 AM »
This beauty is just the right size and in pristine condition, also located already in Maine so I wouldn't have to sail the Northwest Passage to get there.  :icon_sunny:  Top quality Finnish boatbuilders.  Price is high though, it would stretch my nest egg to the breaking point.  :(  Need a partner for this one.  ;)

RE

http://www.boats.com/sailing-boats/1997-nauticat-38-5273031/?refSource=similar%20listing#.Wo68xeeUuUk

Is that Pilot station cool or what?  8)

RE

Nice boat, but look for one with the fin keel. The full keel version is said to be a real dog under sail, but the fin keel model is better. Those are very pretty boats.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: ⛵ Seastead of the Day
« Reply #215 on: February 22, 2018, 09:51:49 AM »
Nice boat, but look for one with the fin keel. The full keel version is said to be a real dog under sail, but the fin keel model is better. Those are very pretty boats.

Too much money, but I'll keep it in mind about the fin keel being superior.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
⛵ Seastead of the Day
« Reply #216 on: February 23, 2018, 03:07:25 AM »
TOTALLY out of budget at $1M, but boy, what a BEAUTY!  :icon_sunny:  I gotta win the fucking LOTTO.

RE

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1933/William-Hand-motorsailer-2685698/South-Freeport/ME/United-States#.Wo-gYeeUuUk

SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 23, 2018, 08:37:00 AM »
Here's a sweet steel boat with lots of room. Did I show you this one already? Can't remember. This would make a nice charter boat.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1985/Sutton-Custom-Steel-Island-Schooner-3175358/Titusville/FL/United-States?refSource=enhanced%20listing&refSource=enhanced%20listing#.WpBBm5M-dsM

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 23, 2018, 08:58:31 AM »
Here's a sweet steel boat with lots of room. Did I show you this one already? Can't remember. This would make a nice charter boat.

No, I would remember because I hate the color.  Definitely would need a full paint job if we bought it. lol.

However, it does have all the right attributes.  200 gal each of diesel and water, and an 85 HP engine.  Price also quite good  :emthup:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 26, 2018, 10:55:10 AM »
Okay, I found mine. This is the one. I just need to get the money somewhere. Unfortunately, it's in Ft. Lauderdale, which is not a quick sail to Texas, the way the Florida Gulf coast is. But I've sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale before. Beautiful city for sailors. All canals and green lawns and bridges that raise. The rich are not like you and I.

https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/boa/d/beautiful-refitted-45-hardin/6491616448.html

This is the boat my SO and I could agree on. She really likes these (because they're a floating apartment) and this one has all the bells and whistles and has been completely restored. the price is high, but fair, given the upgrades.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 26, 2018, 11:02:57 AM »
Okay, I found mine. This is the one. I just need to get the money somewhere. Unfortunately, it's in Ft. Lauderdale, which is not a quick sail to Texas, the way the Florida Gulf coast is. But I've sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale before. Beautiful city for sailors. All canals and green lawns and bridges that raise. The rich are not like you and I.

https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/boa/d/beautiful-refitted-45-hardin/6491616448.html

This is the boat my SO and I could agree on. She really likes these (because they're a floating apartment) and this one has all the bells and whistles and has been completely restored. the price is high, but fair, given the upgrades.

Offer $80K.  I'll go in for $40K on this one.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 10, 2018, 11:34:37 AM »
All of a sudden, the good boat deals are in the Caribbean. I think the hurricanes ruined the charter season for the small operators, and they are getting out in droves.

Maybe fear of more bad storms on the horizon too. But the US Virgins and BVI now have many many boats on the block. Most have some cosmetic damage. Others need more work.

This looks like a great deal. Nice location in Elephant Bay (or it could be in Honeymoon Bay), just across from downtown Charlotte Amalie. My friends' old house looked down from high atop Water Island to the anchorage where this boat is probably moored. I wonder if the house is even there now.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 10, 2018, 11:38:31 AM »
All of a sudden, the good boat deals are in the Caribbean. I think the hurricanes ruined the charter season for the small operators, and they are getting out in droves.

Maybe fear of more bad storms on the horizon too. But the US Virgins and BVI now have many many boats on the block. Most have some cosmetic damage. Others need more work.

This looks like a great deal. Nice location in Elephant Bay (or it could be in Honeymoon Bay), just across from downtown Charlotte Amalie. My friends' old house looked down from high atop Water Island to the anchorage where this boat is probably moored. I wonder if the house is even there now.

How much?  Then there is the issue of getting the boat from BVI to Corpus or even Lake Travis.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 10, 2018, 11:45:15 AM »
They want 40K. I wouldn't move that one anywhere. Maybe over to Coral Bay, a one day sail, and maybe down island in hurricane season. These deals make me want to sell off and move.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 10, 2018, 11:49:21 AM »
They want 40K. I wouldn't move that one anywhere. Maybe over to Coral Bay, a one day sail, and maybe down island in hurricane season. These deals make me want to sell off and move.

Selling out and moving is a GREAT IDEA I have been pitching at you forever.  ::)  However, I'm not sure the Caribbean Islands are the ideal spot to move TO.  There is a REASON those boats are going so cheap.  You really want to live in Hurricane Alley?

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN