AuthorTopic: I don't want to put Emojii's in my newz titles  (Read 861 times)

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
I don't want to put Emojii's in my newz titles
« on: January 20, 2018, 11:17:03 AM »
This new idea of putting an emojii in the title has the following problems for me...

1. It interrupts the the flow of my transfer of the intended context of my newz posting.

2. It changes the context of the title by adding a symbol that doesn't come close to representing the language.

3. It adds a lot of extra time to look up the emojii and the search until you find something that really doesn't work for the title.

4. I don't want  to compromise the impact of the title in plain language with a barely related icon.

5. When you say "I am issuing a new style directive on the Diner", you surely mean it is optional, right?
HUMANS ARE STILL EVOLVING! Our communities blog is at https://openmind693.wordpress.com

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: I don't want to put Emojii's in my newz titles
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 11:22:30 AM »
It's completely optional because there is abso-fuckin-lutely no way I'm doin' it.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 11:24:39 AM by Eddie »
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 12:06:19 PM »
It's completely optional because there is abso-fuckin-lutely no way I'm doin' it.

What Eddie said.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 12:37:56 PM »

Eddie, you are sounding more like El Trumpo every day.  :D
Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 12:55:43 PM »

again LMAO!!!!! :)
HUMANS ARE STILL EVOLVING! Our communities blog is at https://openmind693.wordpress.com

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 12:59:45 PM »

I think you got Eddie and RE mixed up. LOL

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
🤔 I don't want to put Emojii's in my newz titles
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 02:11:50 PM »
Whether you use emojis or not is entirely up to you.  Creative Thinking Interesting Cool 😎 individuals like myself and AG like to use them; Conventional Thinking Boring Uncool 🤤 people like Surly & Eddie do not. 😛  The directive merely LIMITS the number of emojis you are allowed to use in the Titles to 1 so the homepage of the forum doesn't get too cluttered with emojis.  Some people have trouble keeping a lid on their creativity.  ::)  You are free to use as many emojis as you like in the body of your post. 😸

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 02:13:17 PM »

I think you got Eddie and RE mixed up. LOL

You need to do a little more thinking.
Faith,

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2018, 02:21:53 PM »
Whether you use emojis or not is entirely up to you.  Creative Thinking Interesting Cool 😎 individuals like myself and AG like to use them; Conventional Thinking Boring Uncool 🤤 people like Surly & Eddie do not. 😛  The directive merely LIMITS the number of emojis you are allowed to use in the Titles to 1 so the homepage of the forum doesn't get too cluttered with emojis.  Some people have trouble keeping a lid on their creativity.  ::)  You are free to use as many emojis as you like in the body of your post. 😸

RE

Well said.  ;D ✨  🎋 🎍

I might add that resistance to change is one of those Maslow recognized traits that, though always present among those lacking flexibility and creativity, increasingly manifest themseves as old age dementia sets in. 🙉

NOTE: If that doesn't pull their chain good and proper, nothing will!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 10:48:53 AM by agelbert »
Faith,

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2018, 07:05:37 PM »
Whether you use emojis or not is entirely up to you.  Creative Thinking Interesting Cool 😎 individuals like myself and AG like to use them; Conventional Thinking Boring Uncool 🤤 people like Surly & Eddie do not.
RE

Well said.  ;D ✨  🎋 🎍

I might add that resistance to change is one of those Maslow recogniized traits that, though always present among those lacking flexibility and creativity, increasingly manifest themseves as old age dementia sets in. 🙉

Fuck all y'all.

"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2018, 07:41:48 PM »
Whether you use emojis or not is entirely up to you.  Creative Thinking Interesting Cool 😎 individuals like myself and AG like to use them; Conventional Thinking Boring Uncool 🤤 people like Surly & Eddie do not.
RE

Well said.  ;D ✨  🎋 🎍

I might add that resistance to change is one of those Maslow recogniized traits that, though always present among those lacking flexibility and creativity, increasingly manifest themseves as old age dementia sets in. 🙉

Fuck all y'all.

For someone who doesn't like emojis. you seem to have a real affection for the Pile of Poo emo.  :icon_mrgreen:

Sadly, so far there is no NOOSE emoji

and no GUILLOTINE emoji

Those would get a lot of use on the Diner I am sure.  :icon_mrgreen:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Re: I 🐢 don't want to put Emojii's in my newz titles
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2018, 10:47:13 AM »
RE

Well said.  ;D ✨  🎋 🎍

Fuck all y'all.

For someone who doesn't like emojis. you seem to have a real affection for the Pile of Poo emo.  :icon_mrgreen:

and no GUILLOTINE emoji

RE

:icon_mrgreen:

I just knew I could figure out a sure fire way to get my fellow crusty old friend  Surly to use emojies! 

With Eddie, who is one of those wiley Texans that keep their powder dry while they check to see whether you are in range or not, we need to be more subtle.  :evil4:

You know, Eddie 🐢, only a post turtle would arbitrarily condemn the creative use of emojies. Of course I have nothing personal against post turtles 🐢 . I hear some of them 🐢 are good at pulling teeth, after all.  :icon_sunny: Yep, it takes all kinds to make a world, I always say. We must not look down on those limited to alphanumeric characters in their prose. It's not their fault that they are post turtles. It beats bein' a turd blossom any old day!

« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 11:02:08 AM by agelbert »
Faith,

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2018, 11:13:35 AM »
RE

Well said.  ;D ✨  🎋 🎍

Fuck all y'all.

🦊

Really, old chum, your scatological creativity needs a bit of an upgrade 🦖. I suggest you use the following graphic for the purposes you wished to employ in the above message. It is, as I am sure you will agree, far more fecally descriptive.  :icon_sunny:

« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 11:17:04 AM by agelbert »
Faith,

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2018, 11:49:27 AM »
RE

Well said.  ;D ✨  🎋 🎍

Fuck all y'all.

and no GUILLOTINE emoji

RE

:icon_mrgreen:

I just knew I could figure out a sure fire way to get my fellow crusty old friend  Surly to use emojies! 

With Eddie, who is one of those wiley Texans that keep their powder dry while they check to see whether you are in range or not, we need to be more subtle.  :evil4:

You know, Eddie 🐢, only a post turtle would arbitrarily condemn the creative use of emojies. Of course I have nothing personal against post turtles 🐢 . I hear some of them 🐢 are good at pulling teeth, after all.  :icon_sunny: Yep, it takes all kinds to make a world, I always say. We must not look down on those limited to alphanumeric characters in their prose. It's not their fault that they are post turtles. It beats bein' a turd blossom any old day!

I have no problem with anybody else using fancy emojis. I just don't intend to do it myself. Graphics is graphics and words is words. To each his own.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2018, 01:14:44 PM »
I have no problem with anybody else using fancy emojis. I just don't intend to do it myself. Graphics is graphics and words is words. To each his own.

Steak by itself is good.  Mushrooms by themselves are good.  But together, they make a meal worthy of a King!

Steak is the words, Emojis are the Mushrooms.

SAT/ACT Verbal Analogies question.  Which of these is incorrect?

Words:Emojis as

A- Spaghetti:Meatballs
B- Pancakes:Blueberries
C- Beer:Ganja
D- Republicans:Ethical

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN