AuthorTopic: Fluoride: A Big Mistake?  (Read 329 times)

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Fluoride: A Big Mistake?
« on: April 08, 2018, 09:45:08 AM »
What is fluoride? Is it safe to drink? Is it safe for your children? Should we be adding fluoride to our water supply?  What about fluoridated toothpaste? In this report we speak with two men from the Fluoride Action Network who are taking water fluoridation and the government head on, with science on their side as they are suing the EPA to end the deliberate fluoridation of water in the U.S.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VQAjWu0hBnw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VQAjWu0hBnw</a>

:dontknow:

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Fluoride: A Big Mistake?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 10:31:52 AM »
What is fluoride? Is it safe to drink? Is it safe for your children? Should we be adding fluoride to our water supply?  What about fluoridated toothpaste? In this report we speak with two men from the Fluoride Action Network who are taking water fluoridation and the government head on, with science on their side as they are suing the EPA to end the deliberate fluoridation of water in the U.S.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VQAjWu0hBnw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VQAjWu0hBnw</a>

:dontknow:

All I know for sure is that fluoride, properly used, prevents tooth decay. The benefits of public water fluoridation have been incredibly immense. People who question that are just flat wrong. Every public health measure has a risk and a benefit, as does every legitimate treatment for every real disease.

Now, some of the other issues that the fluoride haters bring up might be a reason to consider not consuming fluoride oneself,if you have a concern. It isn't Novichok. You can filter it out with a Berkey.

Removing it from public water supplies would be good for my business. I should probably jump on the pseudoscience bandwagon with the guys in the video.

This horse has been beat to death, and I've written about it extensively. I don't have time for this shit anymore. Look up my prior comments to AZ's fluoride posts, if you want more details.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Nearingsfault

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 11:07:05 AM »
We reverse osmosis and charcoal filter our drinking water. I live in a uranium rich area of the Canadian shield though. At school the kids do a quarterly fluoride rinse due the the absolutely terrible teeth traditonal to the area(no fluoride). I do fluoride in their toothpaste as well. If I lived in a municipality that fluoridated I would charcoal filter it out of their drinking water. Good for teeth and it was easier than teaching people to brush their teeth?..
If its important then try something, fail, disect, learn from it, try again, and again and again until it kills you or you succeed.

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 11:39:43 AM »
Sounds perfectly reasonable. Don't let them go crazy with maple sugar candy, and they'll be fine. Tooth decay is a multi-factoral disease, and you don't have to be perfect to avoid it. Jut don't do all the wrong things.

We drink water from the Berkey, and we do add the fluoride filters (which are optional). My daughter, the alterna-doc-in-training, has concerns. I worry more about hydrocarbons and bottom paint metals from the lake.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.