In dealing with the Fiscal Cliff, CONgress and Da Fed will

Print to Cover
1 (9.1%)
Go Full On Austerity
1 (9.1%)
Compromise with Can Kicking
9 (81.8%)

Total Members Voted: 9

AuthorTopic: The Fiscal Cliff  (Read 2843 times)

Offline widgeon

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
Re: The Fiscal Cliff
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2013, 02:40:31 AM »
I think I won the "poll" a the start of the thread - "Print to Cover" had one vote.

Do I get a Keiser Round?  LOL.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 03:15:06 AM »
Quote from: Widgeon
Pulled the trigger too early there RE.

PARTY ON DUDES!
:partytime2:

Not that they had any left, but Republican Credibility is shot to hell here.  Talk about caving.  LOL.

Now it gets fun.  Up the Debt Ceiling to $100T and abolish all taxes.  Keep issuing irredeemable debt until something gives somewhere.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline monsta666

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2013, 06:42:09 PM »
Now it gets fun.  Up the Debt Ceiling to $100T and abolish all taxes.  Keep issuing irredeemable debt until something gives somewhere.

I never got why the US had a debt ceiling if they keep raising it once they near the limit just creates unneeded drama. You can see how thing's are unfolding as all the major central banks are upping the printing game as they play a game of competitive devaluation and attempting to keep their bond yields down. Who can print the fastest and have the biggest deficits!

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2013, 07:53:39 PM »

I never got why the US had a debt ceiling if they keep raising it once they near the limit just creates unneeded drama. You can see how thing's are unfolding as all the major central banks are upping the printing game as they play a game of competitive devaluation and attempting to keep their bond yields down. Who can print the fastest and have the biggest deficits!

It's all about the drama, Monsta. Hide the fact that its a race to some zero-point.

PARTY ON DUDES!
:partytime2:

Not that they had any left, but Republican Credibility is shot to hell here.  Talk about caving.  LOL.

RE

Right, Paul Ryan the great Tea Party savior, angling for the speakership, voting YES! thinking it best to maintain the established path on his path to the Presidency, building on Boehners "relationships". Gross. Meanwhile, I can't tell if Christy is angling to splinter the party, take it over, or just shilling for Federal non-existent dollars to rebuild the Jersey seaboard exactly as it was, before Sandy.

Upping the debt limit to 100T would prevent the drama, though, necessary to whittle away at Medicare and Social Security. Can't have cuts without a crisis.

Meanwhile I heard today the Gov is soon to start buying F-35's at the bargain price of a cool $160,000,000. They are supposed to do the job of like ten planes! Which means we have to "buy" fukitol lot of them! Which is gonna suck every time one of those birds gets knocked down, that's going to STING! LOL

Yer tellin' me somebody's in charge of this madhouse?  :icon_mrgreen:

Offline widgeon

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2013, 02:45:16 AM »
I never got why the US had a debt ceiling if they keep raising it once they near the limit just creates unneeded drama

Because they are dramatic attention whores.

It also feeds the MSM propaganda machine w/ lots of material.

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2013, 03:49:21 AM »

Meanwhile I heard today the Gov is soon to start buying F-35's at the bargain price of a cool $160,000,000. They are supposed to do the job of like ten planes! Which means we have to "buy" fukitol lot of them! Which is gonna suck every time one of those birds gets knocked down, that's going to STING! LOL

Chock full of chinese Huawei electronics, and every chinese officer does hacking 101 at military college...just sayin
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2013, 09:42:39 AM »
So the final result turns out to be a few tax hikes and no real spending cuts, its all that politicians know how to do.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME