AuthorTopic: Voting now OPEN on the Diner for President of the World (POTW)  (Read 7492 times)

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Re: Voting now OPEN on the Diner for President of the World (POTW)
« Reply #165 on: March 08, 2018, 10:53:50 AM »
Voting now OPEN 😇 on the Diner for President 🦖 of the World (POTW) (or for anybody else for any other position of authority in a 100% undemocratic 🦀, fascist :evil4: world):

« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 10:56:35 AM by agelbert »
Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 08, 2018, 12:38:31 PM »
I just noticed that Ashvin was logged on. Clicked on his name to see if he had posted anything while I was away and noticed he has been treated like a troll and given the status of Contrarian.

I am begging the powers that be on this forum to show some decency and remove this stigma immediately from this esteemed member. It's a disgrace and you all know it.        GO

When he starts posting to topic instead of deprecating the Diner and insulting me, the "stigma" will be removed.  Until that time, he will be moderated.

RE

What is the topic of this thread?

The topic is nominations for people who would make a good President of the World.

RE

Answering questions about my reasons for not participating much in this forum was on topic then. I was a nominee for the position after all   :o  How could I not?

Criticisms of collapse narratives are also relevant to the topic of collapse. How could they not be??

A specific criticism mentioned was that many here, including myself, have been predicting a market collapse, run on the banks, hyperdeflation or hyperinflation, peak oil and the resulting effects on the industrial economy, etc. We have been doing it consistently for many years now. Although we may not have put a specific date on these events, we have frequently acted like the probability of it happening in the next 2,3,4,5 years is very high (that was 8 years ago). So we were wrong, plain and simple.

As you can see, everything here is on topic and nothing is about my "hatred" for you personally or about destroying the Diner. As Surly mentioned, even if that was my goal, I wouldn't need to do anything but sit back and let you do your thing.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 08, 2018, 01:36:45 PM »
As you can see, everything here is on topic

Too much topic drift and besides it's been beaten to death.  The topic is now locked.

Why don't you go drop in on the commentariat at TAE and tell Nicole and Roel how wrong they were?

RE

« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 01:44:36 PM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can