AuthorTopic: Voting now OPEN on the Diner for President of the World (POTW)  (Read 6676 times)

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Voting now OPEN on the Diner for President of the World (POTW)
« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2018, 06:12:17 PM »
I didn't think I was being subtle... I am definitely intending to be super critical of what goes on in this forum. To be fair I should say what WENT on, since I haven't been following very closely for some time.

If your objective in returning here is to be super-critical of the conversation, then your presence is a detriment to the board.  If you want to chat with us, then you should have a more neutral POV.

This site has lasted for over 6 years now.  How long did you keep "Picturing Christ" running?  I don't think you even made it a whole year.  You hardly have a right to be super critical here.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2018, 07:02:43 PM »
I don't think anyone ever went to a forum to find profundity and insight.  If they did, they don't understand the nature of online forums.

I joined the forum for just that reason to find profundity and insight.

Have only been the member of two, Automatic Earth and here. Nicole Foss and Ashvin impressed me with their work, at that time financial matters and energy issues.

Then came here from the AE when El'G came and from RE soliciting on AE. Joined TBP for a brief stint when banned from here, but just felt like I did not belong.

Ashvin and Uncle Bob  were the two diners that influenced me most, but many of the earlier Diners, like Peter and El'g caused me to think in an out of the box way and look at things in a different light.

The Diner has evolved now, especially since the censorship cancer invaded, into a chew the fat social gathering IMO. It's early magic and wonder has long dissipated into petty political bickering and ego manifestation with a prison like governing structure, a warden, guards and inmates to protect the agenda, an agenda which is a pure leftist communist extreme  IMO.

My feeling of my not wasting my time here comes mostly from Ashvin. He more than anyone made me aware of how little I know, and what topics are of real importance.

Just my two cents on why I joined and my reflection on the entire matter. 

Of course I forgot to mention myself. A self proclaimed gold bug and firm believer that fiat government controlled money is an evil and cause of many of our problems. My contribution, while small, was sincere, in trying my utmost to get this point across as it relates to waste, corruption, endless warmongering, and the evil of too big a government in all matters.   
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 07:29:05 PM by Golden Oxen »

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2018, 07:48:23 PM »
No Forum is PERFECT.  You just do the best you can to keep it on track.  6 years and still going!  :icon_sunny:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2018, 02:11:51 AM »
I didn't think I was being subtle... I am definitely intending to be super critical of what goes on in this forum. To be fair I should say what WENT on, since I haven't been following very closely for some time.

If your objective in returning here is to be super-critical of the conversation, then your presence is a detriment to the board.  If you want to chat with us, then you should have a more neutral POV.

This site has lasted for over 6 years now.  How long did you keep "Picturing Christ" running?  I don't think you even made it a whole year.  You hardly have a right to be super critical here.

RE

I was replying to questions from GO and  Surly about my absence. If you find honest answers to sincere questions to be a detriment, then letís just add that to the list of problems here.

I never said itís easy to keep a blog going. Bad ROI. Itís a big investment for little return.

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2018, 04:56:38 AM »

RE

I was replying to questions from GO and  Surly about my absence. If you find honest answers to sincere questions to be a detriment, then letís just add that to the list of problems here.

They're not honest answers.  They're deliberate attempts to undermine the forum.  If you don't think our conversations are worthwhile, then WTF are you wasting your time here again? ???   :icon_scratch:

I never said itís easy to keep a blog going. Bad ROI. Itís a big investment for little return.

It has a HUGE ROI.  You make great friends.  :icon_sunny:

RE

SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2018, 05:20:09 AM »

RE

NO ONE would possibly run a site like this, or for that matter most any website not a retail site as a business proposition. The DD is a labor of love/a personal obsession of RE, likely both.

Am still glad there are places in the world beyond the reach of the logic and morality of the spreadsheet.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2018, 11:20:30 AM »

RE

They're not honest answers.  They're deliberate attempts to undermine the forum.  If you don't think our conversations are worthwhile, then WTF are you wasting your time here again? ???   :icon_scratch:

RE

What kind of answer do you expect from the question of why someone doesnít participate in the forum anymore? Naturally itís going it be one that is critical
of the forum. And Iím not the only one who stopped, but I can only speak for myself.

Iím not criticizing the idea or structure of the forum, but much of the content on the forum and the mindsets which product that content. This isnít the first time. A conversation about whether certain conversations are worthwhile is always worthwhile.

As for exhausting philosophy and theology here,
I donít think we have even come close.
Most of the debates ended up rehashing the same arguments endlessly without moving on to other ones.

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2018, 12:39:53 PM »
Most of the debates ended up rehashing the same arguments endlessly without moving on to other ones.

Feel free to start a new uncovered philosophical or theological topic of your choice.  If it interests the Diners, I'm sure someone will chip in their 2 cents.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2018, 01:04:58 PM »
Please, no.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 25, 2018, 01:32:16 PM »
Please, no.

ROFLMAOPIMP.  🤣

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 25, 2018, 01:37:24 PM »

Feel free to start a new uncovered philosophical or theological topic of your choice.  If it interests the Diners, I'm sure someone will chip in their 2 cents.

RE

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

fresh chum for the shark tank......
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 25, 2018, 01:56:30 PM »

RE

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

fresh chum for the shark tank......

We do NOT need a Bigger Boat for this one.  In the world of Philosophy & Theology, Watson is a Dwarf Lantern Shark.  ;D

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 25, 2018, 03:00:50 PM »

NO ONE would possibly run a site like this, or for that matter most any website not a retail site as a business proposition. The DD is a labor of love/a personal obsession of RE, likely both.

Am still glad there are places in the world beyond the reach of the logic and morality of the spreadsheet.

Hear Here! :icon_sunny:

This sure isn't about Making Money! 🤑 It's not as big a money sink as a boat, but it's close. lol.  :D

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 25, 2018, 03:29:37 PM »
I keep writing comments and then erasing them. I'm just going to abandon this thread and try not to think about it. Best I keep my mouth shut. Will.Not.Add.Fuel.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 25, 2018, 03:35:22 PM »
I keep writing comments and then erasing them. I'm just going to abandon this thread and try not to think about it. Best I keep my mouth shut. Will.Not.Add.Fuel.

Oh come on.  How can you sit this one out?  ???  :icon_scratch:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN