AuthorTopic: The “Gig Economy”  (Read 5223 times)

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Basic Income Flash Mob set for 9/21/19 N.Y. Shitty !
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2019, 09:47:56 AM »

New Yorkers are organizing a march for Basic Income. Everyone who can get there is invited to join.
All the Basic Income March is set for September 21, 2019. More information about it is available at www.basicincomemarch.com. It might be accompanied by Basic Income Marches in other cities on the same day. The march can receive donations that are 100% tax deductible through its sponsor, the Keith Institute. If you’d like to volunteer to help with the even, contact the organizers at their website.
This march marks a significant milestone in the growth of the Basic Income movement, especially to those of use who remember the 1990s when it seemed no one was interested. Every year for the past ten years or so the growth of the Basic Income movement has surprised me.

Unfortunately, I’ll be out of the country at the time, but I hope all my friends in New York and maybe the whole USA can participate.

–Karl Widerquist, Angers, France, July 12, 2019

https://basicincome.org/news/2019/07/a-march-for-basic-income-will-take-place-in-new-york-city-september-21-2019/
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Basic Income Flash Mob set for 9/21/19 N.Y. Shitty !
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2019, 09:55:04 AM »

New Yorkers are organizing a march for Basic Income. Everyone who can get there is invited to join.
All the Basic Income March is set for September 21, 2019. More information about it is available at www.basicincomemarch.com. It might be accompanied by Basic Income Marches in other cities on the same day. The march can receive donations that are 100% tax deductible through its sponsor, the Keith Institute. If you’d like to volunteer to help with the even, contact the organizers at their website.
This march marks a significant milestone in the growth of the Basic Income movement, especially to those of use who remember the 1990s when it seemed no one was interested. Every year for the past ten years or so the growth of the Basic Income movement has surprised me.

Unfortunately, I’ll be out of the country at the time, but I hope all my friends in New York and maybe the whole USA can participate.

https://basicincome.org/news/2019/07/a-march-for-basic-income-will-take-place-in-new-york-city-september-21-2019/

RE,

Load up the cripple cart wagon. They Be flash mob events to attend. Loads of hungry & thirsty folks to cook for.

Any recipes for alien sushi  :icon_mrgreen:
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Basic Income Flash Mob set for 9/21/19 N.Y. Shitty !
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2019, 01:52:09 PM »

RE,

Load up the cripple cart wagon. They Be flash mob events to attend. Loads of hungry & thirsty folks to cook for.

Any recipes for alien sushi  :icon_mrgreen:

45 better bring all the troops home. We aMerikans have not 1 but 3 national crisis on our home turf.

1) The border issue.

2) N.Y. Shitty flash mob in Sept.

3) Dopey white kids chasin' lil' green men in the Mohave in Summertime. You can't make this shit up.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile

How long can the stock market possibly stay completely disconnected from economic reality?

On Monday, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose just 27 points, but that was good enough to push it to yet another new all-time record high.  Investors have been absolutely thrilled by the extremely impressive bull run that we have witnessed so far in 2019, but there is no way that this is sustainable.  Wall Street may be celebrating for the moment, but meanwhile all of the hard economic numbers are telling us that we have now entered a new economic slowdown.  Just like in 2008, it appears to be inevitable that the party on Wall Street is about to hit a brick wall, but nobody should be surprised when it happens.  Everywhere around us there are signs of economic trouble, and right now companies are literally shutting down all over America.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-07-16/wall-street-celebrates-soaring-stocks-companies-are-literally-shutting-down-all

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Something Just Broke in China, Repo Man Rate Soars to over 1000%
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2019, 05:43:56 PM »

Ever since the unexpected failure of China's Baoshang Bank in late May, which caused a freeze in the interbank market among smaller, less credible (and government backstopped) banks, and which sent rates on Negotiable Certificates of Deposit (NCDs), various bank bonds and assorted report rates sharply higher...

investors have fretted that China appears on the verge of a "Lehman moment", where wholesale interbank liquidity and overnight funding markets suddenly lock up. The reason for this, as we explained last month, is that China’s short-term lending market for banks and other financial institutions has for years operated under the assumption that Beijing wouldn’t allow big losses in the event of defaults or insolvencies (hence the reason why Baoshang's failure was a shock). That confidence has been shaken by regulators’ unusual public takeover of the troubled Chinese bank near Mongolia last month, and the even more stunning public admission by the central bank that "not all of Baoshang Bank’s liabilities would necessarily be guaranteed."

“Bank failure always causes greater concern given systemic fears," said Owen Gallimore, head of credit strategy at Australia & New Zealand Banking Group, suggesting greater pressure on the private sector ahead.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-07-19/something-just-broke-china-repo-rate-soars-1000-overnight

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
$49,000,000,000,000.00 in derivatives, as meltdown begins
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2019, 10:29:03 AM »

Could it be possible that we are on the verge of the next “Lehman Brothers moment”?

Deutsche Bank is the most important bank in all of Europe, it has 49 trillion dollars in exposure to derivatives, and most of the largest “too big to fail banks” in the United States have very deep financial connections to the bank.  In other words, the global financial system simply cannot afford for Deutsche Bank to fail, and right now it is literally melting down right in front of our eyes.  For years I have been warning that this day would come, and even though it has been hit by scandal after scandal, somehow Deutsche Bank was able to survive until now.  But after what we have witnessed in recent days, many now believe that the end is near for Deutsche Bank.  On July 7th, they really shook up investors all over the globe when they laid off 18,000 employees and announced that they would be completely exiting their global equities trading business…
Why Credit Derivatives Are Losing Some of Their Mojo

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-07-20/bank-49-trillion-derivatives-exposure-melting-down-our-eyes

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
“Gig Economy” - US labor shortage, explained
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2019, 06:13:28 AM »

More Americans are quitting their jobs than ever.

By Alexia Fernández Campbell

The US economy doesn’t have enough workers.

For a record 16 straight months, the number of open jobs has been higher than the number of people looking for work. The US economy had 7.4 million job openings in June, but only 6 million people were looking for work, according to data released by the US Department of Labor.

This is not normal. Ever since Labor began tracking job turnover two decades ago, there have always been more people looking for work than jobs available. That changed for the first time in January 2018. Just look at the chart below.

https://www.vox.com/2019/8/12/20801941/us-labor-shortage-workers-quit

This article goes along with RE's post yesterday of Homo Sushi leaving The Great State of Ak.....

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: The “Gig Economy”
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2019, 08:22:09 PM »

By Brandon Smith

One thing that is important to understand about the mainstream media is that they do tell the truth on occasion. However, the truths they admit to are almost always wrapped in lies or told to the public far too late to make the information useful.   Dissecting mainstream media information and sifting out the truth from the propaganda is really the bulk of what the alternative media does (or should be doing).  In the past couple of weeks I have received a rush of emails asking about the sudden flood of recession and economic crash talk in the media.  Does this abrupt 180 degree turn by the MSM (and global banks) on the economy warrant concern?  Yes, it does.

The first inclination of a portion of the liberty movement will be to assume that mainstream reports of imminent economic crisis are merely an attempt to tarnish the image of the Trump Administration, and that the talk of recession is “overblown”.  This is partially true; Trump is meant to act as scapegoat, but this is not the big picture.  The fact is, the pattern the media is following today matches almost exactly with the pattern they followed leading up to the credit crash of 2008.  Make no mistake, a financial crash is indeed happening RIGHT NOW, just as it did after media warnings in 2007/2008, and the reasons why the MSM is admitting to it today are calculated.

Before we get to that, we should examine how the media reacted during the lead up to the crash of 2008.

https://www.activistpost.com/2019/08/the-real-reasons-why-the-media-is-suddenly-admitting-to-the-recession-threat.html