AuthorTopic: The Russian thread  (Read 1125 times)

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: The Russian thread
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2018, 01:13:42 PM »
Not for nothing did Gore Vidal call this country,"United States of amnesia."

We forget stuff like this:

So do the posturing idiots on the senate committee, who apparently forgot that our own government officials fomented the 2014 Ukrainian coup that prompted Russia to annex Crimea and its military assets in the first place.

Color revolution, gotcher color revolutions, step right up and get yours...

On balance, and just for now, I’m more disturbed by the side represented by the Democratic Party, aka the “progressives” or “the Resistance,” because they are responsible for politicizing the FBI before, during, and after the 2016 election and that was a dastardly act of institutional debauchery in an agency with the power to destroy the lives and careers of American citizens.

JHK should eat some of his own cooking. How quickly for we forget, how Comey made his statement to reopen the so-called email investigation days before the 2016 election. And it. was the Dems who "politicized?" Speaking of FBI politicization, remember Rudy 9-11's antics in the run up to the election, as he was fed tidbits and morsels from the FBI's NY Field Office? If the D's "politicized," they sure did a poor job of it.

Or we're supposed to remember color revolutions and forget FBI election chicanery?

When JHK sez,

How many of you feel a gnawing disgust and contempt for both sides of the US political spectrum? The news, day and night, reveals a nation unable to think, unable to discern reality from fantasy, avid to dissemble and lie about absolutely everything, eager to support any racketeering operation designed to fleece its own citizens, and utterly ignoring the genuine problems that can drive us into a new dark age.

I do not think that means what he thinks it means. Cohen puts Trump with foreknowledge of the meeting with Russians regarding "adoptions," code for lifting Magnitsky Act sanctions. Game over. It just now has to play out.

Although I think it's odds-on likely that we'll be in a shooting war, not with Russia but with Iran, prior to the election, to rally all the uncritical and low-information meatheads to the flag. Because 'Murka. 45 has already shown himself willing to say or do anything to save his own skin. Don't be surprised.

We both read the same article Surly, but we sure understood it differently. :icon_scratch:

Guess that's what happens to people reading something who are on opposite ends of the political spectrum.

Your idea on Iran is one where I concur.