AuthorTopic: P O O F ! Goes The Crypto  (Read 10505 times)

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: P O O F ! Goes The Crypto
« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2019, 11:53:15 AM »
I guess we need a wall then wouldn't u say ?  :icon_mrgreen:

Dopey ass white kids with deep pockets need no neck meatheads in the Adult Day Care dept.....

Way cheaper to legalize the drugs and fire the DEA and all the narcs, than build a wall.

The cartels made so much money they own Mexico now. Park Place and Boardwalk too, and they have hotels on both.

When you get enough money in our world, it does not matter that much where it came from. The money just makes you a force to be reckoned with, and it makes you legit on a lot of levels.

I'm not saying its right....but what i am saying is that those people have power. Walls don't means shit to people who own private jets. You get what I'm saying? Walls won't work on people with billions of bucks, and they have that now. They're just here, and they're not about to be kicked out. They contribute a lot of money to the US economy and they ARE the Mexican economy.

That's the reality.

I'm not a wall guy.  The whole Wall story is just about pumping up the Trump base. it sounds good to them, but those people are like kids who will never grow up. They're one step above being retarded.

Guys like Trump will say anything. He doesn't give a shit about keeping out the cartel. He'd love to sell them an over-priced condo, like he did to all the Russian dirty money guys in the 90's.  It's not about the wall. It's about the votes.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Four Iranian Banks Support Gold-Backed Cryptocurrency
« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2019, 12:07:06 PM »

By Adrian Zmudzinski
FEB 05, 2019

Four banks in the Islamic Republic of Iran have developed a gold-backedcryptocurrency called PayMon, financial news website Financial Tribune reportedon Jan. 30.

According to the article, the crypto asset has been developed in cooperation with the Parsian Bank, the Bank Pasargad, Bank Melli Iran and Bank Mellat. Iran Fara Bourse, an over-the-counter (OTC) cryptocurrency exchange, will reportedly list the new cryptocurrency.

The director of Kuknos, the blockchain company taking care of the technical aspects, said that the new crypto asset is a way to tokenize assets and excess properties of the banks. A billion PayMon tokens will be initially released, according to the article.

As Cointelegraph recently reported, Iran is allegedly negotiating with Switzerland, South Africa, France, the United Kingdom, Russia, Austria, Germany and Bosnia to carry out financial transactions in cryptocurrency.

Recently, rumors spread that Iran could unveil its state-backed cryptocurrency at the Electronic Banking and Payment Systems conference that took place last week in Tehran, but the announcement has not been made as of press time. In July 2018, it was reported that the country confirmed that it will create its own state-issued cryptocurrency to circumvent United States sanctions.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/four-iranian-banks-support-gold-backed-cryptocurrency

Not sure how this will go. I give Iran a better chance with their crypto than Venezuela. Nobody is going to buy the Petro, because nobody trusts the people behind it. It's that simple. Bad as the other side is, Maduro is a liar and a thief, and he's surrounded himself with many more like him.

Iran might be able to pull it off. The mullahs must be doing a lot of handwaving, because the Koran doesn't exactly support this move, from what I know about Islam.....but they can probably figure out a way to make it acceptable, if it suits their purposes. Religion can alway adapt to economic necessity.

I wouldn't buy it. Crypto shouldn't need to be backed by gold. The whole idea is that it's a system that does NOT require trust.

And there already is at least one supposedly gold backed crypto, and it's not that popular.  Wall Street gold ETF's are supposed to be gold backed too, but I wouldn't count on it in a crunch.  Nobody here could ever redeem that crypto for Iranian gold, even if the Iranians could be trusted. It'd violate sanctions.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2019, 02:17:38 PM »
I guess we need a wall then wouldn't u say ?  :icon_mrgreen:

Dopey ass white kids with deep pockets need no neck meatheads in the Adult Day Care dept.....

Way cheaper to legalize the drugs and fire the DEA and all the narcs, than build a wall.

The cartels made so much money they own Mexico now. Park Place and Boardwalk too, and they have hotels on both.

When you get enough money in our world, it does not matter that much where it came from. The money just makes you a force to be reckoned with, and it makes you legit on a lot of levels.

I'm not saying its right....but what i am saying is that those people have power. Walls don't means shit to people who own private jets. You get what I'm saying? Walls won't work on people with billions of bucks, and they have that now. They're just here, and they're not about to be kicked out. They contribute a lot of money to the US economy and they ARE the Mexican economy.

That's the reality.

I'm not a wall guy.  The whole Wall story is just about pumping up the Trump base. it sounds good to them, but those people are like kids who will never grow up. They're one step above being retarded.

Guys like Trump will say anything. He doesn't give a shit about keeping out the cartel. He'd love to sell them an over-priced condo, like he did to all the Russian dirty money guys in the 90's.  It's not about the wall. It's about the votes.

"All the worlds a stage, and we are but mere actors" How apropos.....

That wall nonsense is the biggest lie of 45's term, & there's a lot of them. I'm just screwin' around as usual.

Under the radar, always.... or figure out how to manifest the 5th  :icon_sunny:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 02:20:00 PM by azozeo »
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Move over Vegas Baby ! It's Cryptopulco TIME ....
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2019, 08:18:38 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VDZWKnXzf2o&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VDZWKnXzf2o&fs=1</a>
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Move over Vegas Baby ! It's Cryptopulco TIME ....
« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2019, 10:11:12 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VDZWKnXzf2o&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VDZWKnXzf2o&fs=1</a>

That's Jeff Berwick's personal fundraiser, more or less.

He lives in Acapulco and claims it's safer than living in the US....and maybe it is for him, since the IRS would probably throw him under the jail if he lived here. He's a Canadian anyway....but crypto-anarchists with money tend to become ex-pats to whatever jurisdiction is the least taxing in terms of....taxes.

It isn't safer, as the recent murder of Bong Boy John "Galton" makes perfectly clear. As I said, I wouldn't want to even visit.

However.....the Sea of Cortez would be a fine place to live on a boat, if you had the money. The marinas are not super cheap. Corpus Christi is a cheaper place to live....

Guaymas is an easy drive from Tuscon, and a great place to live on a boat, from what I gather. FYI.

I love Mexico. I wish the narco cowboys would go out of  business.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2019, 12:28:47 PM »

Once hailed as unhackable, blockchains are now getting hacked
More and more security holes are appearing in cryptocurrency and smart contract platforms, and some are fundamental to the way they were built.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/612974/once-hailed-as-unhackable-blockchains-are-now-getting-hacked/

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 19, 2019, 12:55:20 PM »

Once hailed as unhackable, blockchains are now getting hacked
More and more security holes are appearing in cryptocurrency and smart contract platforms, and some are fundamental to the way they were built.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/612974/once-hailed-as-unhackable-blockchains-are-now-getting-hacked/

Just depends. XRP has never been hacked and never will be.

In general it is MINED coins that are the most hackable. It's not quite that simple, but that's a  good rule of thumb. One reason I don't own a single mined coin. Zero.

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: POP Goes The Crypto
« Reply #112 on: February 19, 2019, 01:47:47 PM »
It's looking more likely every day that Bitcoin turned the corner on February 8th, just over ten days ago. All I'm waiting on now to declare a new bull market for cryptocurrencies is for BTC to rise above it's Dec 24th high of roughly $4180. It could still retrace, but we're very close to having a good technical confirmation of a brand new cycle.

My crypto mentor has also called a bottom as of this morning. My chart voodoo is slightly different than hers, but we are in fairly close agreement that the worst is over, and we go up from here.

BTC has been trying to break out for the last 48 hours, ever since Indonesia announced that cryptos would be treated as commodities for tax purposes.

I told you guys Asia was more important than the US in this market. Since the announcement there, volume in BTC is significantly up and making a slow build. Nothing explosive yet, but that is coming, I believe.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: POP Goes The Crypto
« Reply #113 on: February 19, 2019, 04:31:42 PM »
It's looking more likely every day that Bitcoin turned the corner on February 8th, just over ten days ago. All I'm waiting on now to declare a new bull market for cryptocurrencies is for BTC to rise above it's Dec 24th high of roughly $4180. It could still retrace, but we're very close to having a good technical confirmation of a brand new cycle.

My crypto mentor has also called a bottom as of this morning. My chart voodoo is slightly different than hers, but we are in fairly close agreement that the worst is over, and we go up from here.

BTC has been trying to break out for the last 48 hours, ever since Indonesia announced that cryptos would be treated as commodities for tax purposes.

I told you guys Asia was more important than the US in this market. Since the announcement there, volume in BTC is significantly up and making a slow build. Nothing explosive yet, but that is coming, I believe.

Asians are gamblers..... They juice on the shit & you're probably right  :icon_sunny:
Don't bet the 'stead though. Thar's gold in them thar hills  :icon_mrgreen:

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 09, 2019, 01:23:30 PM »
Eddie,

Were you riding this 1 trick pony ?  :coffee:

Canadian Crypto Exchange QuadrigaCX Officially Declared Bankrupt

Canada’s major cryptocurrency exchange QuadrigaCX has been officially declared bankrupt, local media outlet CBC reported on April 8.

Quadriga’s bankruptcy was reportedly approved today by Nova Scotia Supreme Court Justice Michael Wood, and follows the court monitor Ernst & Young’s (EY) recommendation that it should be declared bankrupt earlier this month.

EY’s legal team then argued that the ongoing restructuring process for QuadrigaCX under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act (CCAA) should shift to an alternative process under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act (BIA).

The ruling now grants EY enhanced investigative powers as a trustee under the BIA, which means the company can require production of documents and testimony from witnesses.

Today, Wood also granted a so-called asset preservation order from EY, which extends to all assets held by Jennifer Robertson — the wife of Quadriga’s late co-founder Gerald Cotten — and the Cotten estate. The order prohibits Robertson from selling, removing and transferring any assets.

As previously reported, Quadriga filed for creditor protection when — following Cotten’s death — it lost access to its cold wallets and corresponding keys, that ostensibly held the assets owed to various clients. Currently, the exchange reportedly owes more than $195 million to over 115,000 customers.

In late March, Quadriga’s legal representatives — law firms Miller Thomson and Cox & Palmer — formed an Official Committee of Affected Users of the exchange. The committee is set to help the law firms represent all affected users in the court proceedings against QuadrigaCX.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/canadian-crypto-exchange-quadrigacx-officially-declared-bankrupt

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 09, 2019, 06:47:09 PM »
Eddie,

Were you riding this 1 trick pony ?  :coffee:

Canadian Crypto Exchange QuadrigaCX Officially Declared Bankrupt

Canada’s major cryptocurrency exchange QuadrigaCX has been officially declared bankrupt, local media outlet CBC reported on April 8.

Quadriga’s bankruptcy was reportedly approved today by Nova Scotia Supreme Court Justice Michael Wood, and follows the court monitor Ernst & Young’s (EY) recommendation that it should be declared bankrupt earlier this month.

EY’s legal team then argued that the ongoing restructuring process for QuadrigaCX under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act (CCAA) should shift to an alternative process under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act (BIA).

The ruling now grants EY enhanced investigative powers as a trustee under the BIA, which means the company can require production of documents and testimony from witnesses.

Today, Wood also granted a so-called asset preservation order from EY, which extends to all assets held by Jennifer Robertson — the wife of Quadriga’s late co-founder Gerald Cotten — and the Cotten estate. The order prohibits Robertson from selling, removing and transferring any assets.

As previously reported, Quadriga filed for creditor protection when — following Cotten’s death — it lost access to its cold wallets and corresponding keys, that ostensibly held the assets owed to various clients. Currently, the exchange reportedly owes more than $195 million to over 115,000 customers.

In late March, Quadriga’s legal representatives — law firms Miller Thomson and Cox & Palmer — formed an Official Committee of Affected Users of the exchange. The committee is set to help the law firms represent all affected users in the court proceedings against QuadrigaCX.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/canadian-crypto-exchange-quadrigacx-officially-declared-bankrupt

Absolutely fuckin' NOT. 

To start with, nobody should ever trust an EXCHANGE to be the custodian of their crypto. That's just taking unnecessary risk, these days. There are multiple decent options for security. When you buy crypto it goes into an exchange wallet. You should immediately move any large buys OFF the exchange and into a more secure wallet.

Offline is safest, but now there are decent mobile wallets. All my cryptos are in mobile wallets. Mostly in different ones, because I STAKE my coins. STAKING is how to make income (cash flow) from crypto. You aren't reading that much about it yet, but you will.

The people who got scammed by Quadriga simply bought some crypto and never moved it to a secure wallet. Lazy and dumb, imho.