AuthorTopic: Meanwhile back at the 'stead  (Read 196404 times)

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile back at the 'stead
« Reply #1170 on: February 07, 2019, 06:47:43 PM »
This is my long weekend....I was planning to finish the dock, no problem. But a norther has blown in and temps might drop to freezing tonight, or just above. 

High tomorrow of 5 degrees C.

15 mph wind.

It's going to stay like that for 3 days. Monday might be warm again.

I don't know if I want to work outside in the cold. Of course I can come inside and warm up out there, so I guess I could see how much I could get done. No shorts and water shoes though. Fortunately I have most of the wet area plumb and level. There is some work left that might involve wet feet. It's treacherous and slick and muddy on the big uneven granite boulders under my dock. I've come close to  falling in a couple of times already. Too cold to fall in right now. That part can wait until Monday.

I'm going to build what will be an underwater bench along the lakefront portion of the dock, the head of the T, so to speak. So someone can sit in the water with their drink sitting at shoulder height on the  dock next to them. And it'll make an extra step to climb up on. It's going to be part of the extra bracing I 'm planning.... the frame that will support the bench will also brace the concrete uprights.

Maybe I can get a little bit done. The dogs don't care how productive I am or how much I screw off. They're not judgmental.

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: February 08, 2019, 05:12:31 AM »
The sun is coming up here, and the temp has been dropping for the last hour....now hovering just above freezing. Hopefully that's the bottom for the weekend, and we go up from here.

I need to add weatherstrip to the  prep list. Drafty big old house. My feet are cold.

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: February 08, 2019, 12:18:00 PM »
It decided to sleet a little. That's it for me. Work called on account of weather. I'm torn about whether to drive in to town to get a sub from the sandwich shop, or actually feed myself.  That's how much I don't want to go outside.

But I'm marshaling my forces for a run for the roast beast. Fortunately the new truck has remote start. I'm going to warm it up now, and then I can make it to Thundercloud Subs.

I'm a real mountain man survivalist. LOL.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: February 08, 2019, 12:21:29 PM »
It decided to sleet a little. That's it for me. Work called on account of weather. I'm torn about whether to drive in to town to get a sub from the sandwich shop, or actually feed myself.  That's how much I don't want to go outside.

But I'm marshaling my forces for a run for the roast beast. Fortunately the new truck has remote start. I'm going to warm it up now, and then I can make it to Thundercloud Subs.

I'm a real mountain man survivalist. LOL.

At least you don't need a Cripple Helper to go out for a Sub.  ::)

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN