AuthorTopic: Meanwhile back at the 'stead  (Read 190800 times)

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile back at the 'stead
« Reply #1095 on: September 11, 2018, 04:20:38 AM »
After I pay my overhead for 9 employees for their time for that 15 minutes, cover the rent, bills, etc.. It's a finer line than you think it is.

Business is not heavy this week. Time of year. I did a root canal on a 91 year old lady yesterday. turns out she was a liveaboard sailor at one time...had a Shucker 40, which is a decent motorsailer. Now she's in the old folks home....but sharp as a tack.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 05:08:55 AM by Eddie »
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline David B.

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: September 11, 2018, 05:04:14 AM »
It's worth considering anyways. those electric brakes on the trailer like a little exercise from time to time to stay useable and you'll get brighter trailer lights as well... Hmm that last one might not apply with the LED lights I suppose.
If its important then try something, fail, disect, learn from it, try again, and again and again until it kills you or you succeed.

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: September 11, 2018, 05:23:15 AM »
I'll probably go ahead and get a controller.

I wish I had trailer brakes on my flatbed. I went cheap on that, way back when, and later regretted it. It's nice to have brakes when you're seriously loaded. I get that.

I haul the tractors on the flatbed, and will be using it to haul some pallets of ready-mix soon. It's good dam building weather, and the creek is just wet enough to rapidly set the bags if I do my quick-stack check dam thing I've been thinking about.

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: September 11, 2018, 06:02:55 AM »
After I pay my overhead for 9 employees for their time for that 15 minutes, cover the rent, bills, etc.. It's a finer line than you think it is.

Business is not heavy this week. Time of year. I did a root canal on a 91 year old lady yesterday. turns out she was a liveaboard sailor at one time...had a Shucker 40, which is a decent motorsailer. Now she's in the old folks home....but sharp as a tack.

Oh come on.  You yourself said you could knock off my 6 remaining teeth inside a half an hour.  Even at Meixcan prices, you could buy the controller. That is fucking chump change.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: September 11, 2018, 06:09:26 AM »
I don't have patients lined up around the block to get extractions like they do in Nogales. I did zero extractions yesterday and have none scheduled for today.

If I could do nothing but extractions all day, even at my modest fees of 150 (routine) or 200-ish (difficult surgicals) I'd be perfectly happy to do that. It's easy work compared to a lot of other things I do, and I'm good at it.