AuthorTopic: C5 Walks into a Diner...  (Read 40754 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: C5 Walks into a Diner...
« Reply #690 on: April 13, 2020, 06:36:33 AM »
First things first: we need to know how big the coronavirus is. Scientists have already used electron microscopes to measure how big the corona virus is. Coronavirus particles (fancy scientific name “virions”) are spheres with diameters of approximately 0.125 microns (125 nm). The smallest particles are 0.06 microns, and the largest are 0.14 microns.

https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/coronavirus-pollution-masks-n95-surgical-mask/

How do Activated Carbon Filters Work?

Although a filtration system that uses chemical reactions to decontaminate air may sound complicated, it is actually rather simple. Activated carbon is typically sold in thick or thin packets for air filtration. It is then inserted into the main purifying device, such as an air purifier or HEPA air filter.

Contaminated air enters the filtration system, passes through the active carbon, undergoes adsorption, and leaves the filter purified. If used in conjunction with a HEPA filter, the activated carbon works to prevent larger particles like dust and lint from reaching it, enabling the HEPA filter to perform better and last longer.

Activated carbon filters are an important addition to any air purification system. They can be used alone or in conjunction with other filters to significantly reduce the amount of impurities in your home or office. Whether you choose a basic or advanced model, you can breathe easy using an activated carbon filter.

https://learn.allergyandair.com/activated-carbon-filters/

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline cernunnos5

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
C5 Walks Out of a Diner...
« Reply #691 on: April 13, 2020, 07:38:18 AM »

It's main use would be water filtration... of which, I have no need for charcoal.

The only reason I would recommend it would be to block up lethal diarrhea. It's other use.

I wonder if that comment was too subtle.  ::)

Far too subtle for RE. He thinks "lethal diarrhea" is artistic expression.

It's not too subtle for me, and impugning my intelligence and ability to read subtext is a violation of the CoC.  I suggest you give yourself 3 days in the Cooler.

RE
Fine. I was considering ceasing all input anyhow... just as I did with Permies when they were giving a voice to climate denialists. Their loss. I clearly have more important things to do. Food to grow. Things to build. People to save.

I'm hearing a voice, a word, from the spirits through my crystal ball. That word is "Intervention"
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 07:43:32 AM by cernunnos5 »

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: April 13, 2020, 07:43:52 AM »
Something to keep in mind. Every virus expert on the face of the planet will has been and will be studying and dissecting every part of this virus. Every genome.

It would be all over the news by now if it was observed to be man made.

I disagree. There is no access to the Wuhan Lab for a forensic investigation, which is the only way to know for sure whether COVID-19 came from the lab.. The best that can be done is some decent investigative journalism, which will not ever be conclusive.

And there is one big reason experts will line up around the block to deny it happened..........research funding....which will dry up for all virologists everywhere.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 08:37:27 AM by Eddie »
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: April 13, 2020, 07:45:50 AM »
I was considering ceasing all input anyhow.

No need.  I am heading back to the Cooler, this time for 7 days.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hhGWxqj_bC0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hhGWxqj_bC0</a>

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Logistical and Technical Exploration into the Origins of Covid-19
« Reply #694 on: April 13, 2020, 08:51:45 AM »
I posted this the first week March, and no one read it. Feel free to not read it now.
It is long, and complicated, but makes a compelling argument with no help whatsoever from The Epoch Times. Note that the OP was January 31.

Logistical and Technical Exploration into the Origins of the Wuhan Strain of Coronavirus (COVID-19)

This is not only congruent with the claims made in the "fake news" video I posted,, but it adds some light to the whole picture....and explains more of the how and why such a disaster might have occurred.

Maybe in pursuit of a big bucks HIV vaccine...... instead of in pursuit of a weapon.

Just to add one more factoid I think is interesting.......the fish market is back open.....and the Wuhan Lab is still locked down tight, and under full military control..
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 09:23:59 AM by Eddie »

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: C5 Walks Out of a Diner...
« Reply #695 on: April 13, 2020, 09:50:10 AM »

It's main use would be water filtration... of which, I have no need for charcoal.

The only reason I would recommend it would be to block up lethal diarrhea. It's other use.

It's not too subtle for me, and impugning my intelligence and ability to read subtext is a violation of the CoC.  I suggest you give yourself 3 days in the Cooler.

RE
Fine. I was considering ceasing all input anyhow... just as I did with Permies when they were giving a voice to climate denialists. Their loss. I clearly have more important things to do. Food to grow. Things to build. People to save.

I'm hearing a voice, a word, from the spirits through my crystal ball. That word is "Intervention"

Too late for an intervention for RE. He's at the end stage.

But don't quit the Diner. Without the Canadians, the forum is a much less interesting place. We need you and NF very much. And Cam.

We all know RE goes off sometimes......we all do. .Unfortunately it's a damn tough time for most of us, which makes us more tense and irritable.

Nobody here now is going for anything about anything that isn't the truth. We just come at it from different political and philosophical viewpoints, and each of us sees collapse from a  slightly different perspective.  Plus, everybody here has unique personal knowledge and a brain that works...which can be associated with strongly held beliefs....many of which are completely valid........but not identical.

I get mad when people question my motives...especially when it's done in a way that questions my intelligence and my ability to filter through bullshit,,,,which I think I happen to be pretty good at......not talking about you....just about what makes me go all caps.

Offline Cam

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
Re: C5 Walks Out of a Diner...
« Reply #696 on: April 13, 2020, 10:55:47 AM »

RE

Too late for an intervention for RE. He's at the end stage.

But don't quit the Diner. Without the Canadians, the forum is a much less interesting place. We need you and NF very much. And Cam.

We all know RE goes off sometimes......we all do. .Unfortunately it's a damn tough time for most of us, which makes us more tense and irritable.

Nobody here now is going for anything about anything that isn't the truth. We just come at it from different political and philosophical viewpoints, and each of us sees collapse from a  slightly different perspective.  Plus, everybody here has unique personal knowledge and a brain that works...which can be associated with strongly held beliefs....many of which are completely valid........but not identical.

I get mad when people question my motives...especially when it's done in a way that questions my intelligence and my ability to filter through bullshit,,,,which I think I happen to be pretty good at......not talking about you....just about what makes me go all caps.

Eddie is right eh. We need the canucks here. Canadian slang aside he is right. Reading your guys arguments sometimes gets me bothered because I think you all forget that we are all playing for the same team here. We all know our one home is being trashed every single day in the name of god knows what and there is very little we can do about it. We all know that this has to stop, (though it probably won't) for there to be a future for not only humankind but the complex web of life here on Earth. Of COURSE we're going to come at this from different political and philosophical perspectives, we are different people with different experiences and backgrounds! There will be differences of opinion, and big ones at that, but I think it's safe to say that big picture we all know what is wrong with the world.

And this coronavirus is certainly adding to just about everyone's stress levels. So just remember that we are all playing for the same team, even if it doesn't feel like it at times. And that people are more stressed than usual right now, and that includes us collapsniks. On a selfish note, this is one of the VERY few places I can discuss collapse without people just ignoring me or closing themselves off, and I don't want it to fade away over some dumbass argument that could have ended with 'agree to disagree'.

Just to be clear I do not want this forum to become a circle jerk, and there is a real danger of that if differences of opinion lead to people leaving the forum. So please remember that we all know big picture what is wrong, and how to respond. And as Eddie said, this is a stressful time so please stay kind because this is tough for everyone. Stay safe folks.

Offline monsta666

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: April 13, 2020, 02:39:40 PM »
Try not to leave Cam. It would be a shame to lose a forum member. People on the diner welcome alternative views and like you said, circle jerks (which is what a lot of sites become) is something us diners want to stay clear off. What this can result in however are arguments which can be a bit too much for some. Whatever is said (and things can get heated) is not meant to be taken too personally. There are times when RE will like to prove he is right even if you are the expert. It a trait of his so don't take it personally. In the end he is a good person but does have his quirks that can grate people from time to time (all the time perhaps). But remember your posts are valued by several posters on this forum. Like you said also, people are probably suffering with various degrees of cabin fever so expect a few backlashes every now and then!

Offline Cam

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: April 13, 2020, 04:21:51 PM »
Try not to leave Cam. It would be a shame to lose a forum member. People on the diner welcome alternative views and like you said, circle jerks (which is what a lot of sites become) is something us diners want to stay clear off. What this can result in however are arguments which can be a bit too much for some. Whatever is said (and things can get heated) is not meant to be taken too personally. There are times when RE will like to prove he is right even if you are the expert. It a trait of his so don't take it personally. In the end he is a good person but does have his quirks that can grate people from time to time (all the time perhaps). But remember your posts are valued by several posters on this forum. Like you said also, people are probably suffering with various degrees of cabin fever so expect a few backlashes every now and then!

Don't worry about me I'm not going anywhere! I just wanted to remind the older members that though we've got our differences when it comes to politics and philosophy and all that, we're all fairly similar when it comes to understanding big picture issues facing us as a species. I think when arguments happen and things get heated that we forget that. We're all in this together, no matter how cheesy and overused that phrase is  :icon_sunny:

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Logistical and Technical Exploration into the Origins of Covid-19
« Reply #699 on: April 13, 2020, 05:00:00 PM »
I posted this the first week March, and no one read it. Feel free to not read it now.
It is long, and complicated, but makes a compelling argument with no help whatsoever from The Epoch Times. Note that the OP was January 31.

Logistical and Technical Exploration into the Origins of the Wuhan Strain of Coronavirus (COVID-19)

This is not only congruent with the claims made in the "fake news" video I posted,, but it adds some light to the whole picture....and explains more of the how and why such a disaster might have occurred.

Which is why I posted it, and what keeps me from dismissing the Epoch Times video out of hand, no matter how dearly I might want to.
Sometimes, doubt is your friend. And I hate me some conspiracy theories.
"...reprehensible lying communist..."

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #700 on: April 13, 2020, 05:03:17 PM »
Try not to leave Cam. It would be a shame to lose a forum member. People on the diner welcome alternative views and like you said, circle jerks (which is what a lot of sites become) is something us diners want to stay clear off. What this can result in however are arguments which can be a bit too much for some.

Don't worry about me I'm not going anywhere!

Good. Feel free to listen to Monsta666. He is one level headed young man, and I am happy to call him a friend.

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #701 on: April 13, 2020, 05:13:26 PM »

RE

Thank you, no. If you find that I am "impugning your intelligence," you could start acting in a manner consistent with such a position.

It is the height of irresponsibility to abandon your own blog/forum at the height of a pandemic for such a bullshit pretext, when what you really want is to play your video game without interruption.

Spare me the victim pose.

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
Bat Shit Crazy Explorations into the origins of Corona Virus II.
« Reply #702 on: April 14, 2020, 12:19:44 AM »

Which is why I posted it, and what keeps me from dismissing the Epoch Times video out of hand, no matter how dearly I might want to.

I find it bizarre.  Nature abhors a vacuum and normal zoonotic transmission is too vacuous for an average mind.  Too vacuous so people are going bat-shit crazy with an engineered virus explanation.  People invent bogymen when they are scared.

In the center of every virus is a strand of genetic material.  In the corona II virus it is a strand of RNA.  Labs across the world can read this RNA sequence.  If the virus has been engineered which I do not believe; the secret will be revealed by reading the code.  The code can be compared to natural varieties to see if a lab has rearranged chapters in the virus book of code or done edits.  It will be impossible to hide the secret if the virus has been engineered.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AQNxNeQ9cxw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/AQNxNeQ9cxw</a>

Apply Occams razor.  Zootonic transmission is as old as life.  It is the simple explanation.  Apply the razor if you must but since I know the secret will be revealed  when the RNA code is studied I'm comfortable in suspending judgement until it is done.  I'm OK with saying I really don't the fuck know but extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and there is none for 'it came from a lab' so far. 

Unwarranted conspiracy dilutes focus.  There is no better tool for the Deep State than the committed tin foil hat artist.  They are the perfect useful idiot.

Don't be a tool.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 12:38:25 AM by K-Dog »
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Bat Shit Crazy Explorations into the origins of Corona Virus II.
« Reply #703 on: April 14, 2020, 05:37:34 AM »

I find it bizarre.  Nature abhors a vacuum and normal zoonotic transmission is too vacuous for an average mind.  Too vacuous so people are going bat-shit crazy with an engineered virus explanation.  People invent bogymen when they are scared.

In the center of every virus is a strand of genetic material.  In the corona II virus it is a strand of RNA.  Labs across the world can read this RNA sequence.  If the virus has been engineered which I do not believe; the secret will be revealed by reading the code.  The code can be compared to natural varieties to see if a lab has rearranged chapters in the virus book of code or done edits.  It will be impossible to hide the secret if the virus has been engineered.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AQNxNeQ9cxw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/AQNxNeQ9cxw</a>

Apply Occams razor.  Zootonic transmission is as old as life.  It is the simple explanation.  Apply the razor if you must but since I know the secret will be revealed  when the RNA code is studied I'm comfortable in suspending judgement until it is done.  I'm OK with saying I really don't the fuck know but extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and there is none for 'it came from a lab' so far. 

Unwarranted conspiracy dilutes focus.  There is no better tool for the Deep State than the committed tin foil hat artist.  They are the perfect useful idiot.

Don't be a tool.

Occam's razor says there is nothing natural about an HIV surface protein ending up on a bat virus and making it significantly more infectious, Until I saw that, I was more than willing to believe zoonotic transmission. But now I'm not.

Occam's razor points me at COVID-19 being the fallout from a race against time to get big Pharma money for an AIDS vaccine. Makes good sense.

No conspiracy, except to cover it all up and try to shift the blame.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 06:41:58 AM by Eddie »