AuthorTopic: C5 Walks into a Diner...  (Read 15735 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: C5 Walks into a Diner...
« Reply #360 on: December 06, 2018, 01:13:14 PM »
That shingle mill is a nice piece of heavy metal...

Another nice piece of Heavy Metal.  ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GjvGonotgLU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/GjvGonotgLU</a>

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: C5 on Combat Thought
« Reply #361 on: December 06, 2018, 02:27:28 PM »
I'm taking this in a different direction.

You folks know me. You know I push people away from warrior of the wasteland thinking because you have much more important things to get done first.

That said, I have stumbled into someone that has come out of no where... and is instantly getting millions of views within a couple days of posting.

And I want to pass him on to you. A shout out, as it were.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmjB7TUroyE

In spite of being impressed, I avoid his videos.... for no good reason. (so I havent vetted him thouroughly)

The reason? Some of you know I live with PTSD (but am living with it well and doing better each year that passes)

The reason I bring this up is because I can take one look at him and say he has PTSD. And yet he is handling it awesomely... and focused it into doing good.

With one look I can tell you, No ifs, ands or buts, this man is a killer... yet he teaches men how to be better men. ( a check on paranoid warrior preppers)

I can only watch him when I am in a good space...or bucking up some bravery... but it shouldnt be an issue for others. Check him out. I think even Surly will want to keep an eye on him

Proof that all Southerners aren't neo-Nazis. I made a response to this earlier but maybe it didn't post. My internet at work sucks these days.

Seems like a good guy. My first thought...I wondered if he was somebody my little  brother knows. He hangs out with people like that. Thanks for posting. I'll watch him more later when I have time..

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: C5 on Combat Thought
« Reply #362 on: December 06, 2018, 03:31:04 PM »

Proof that all Southerners aren't neo-Nazis

Nobody accused all Southerners of being neo-Nazis.  Just the majority of Texas voters.  ::)

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Nearingsfault

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 06, 2018, 05:43:45 PM »
I have not tried to burn the juniper lately. I don't currently have an airtight stove, for one thing.  I'm sure you are correct, and that it can be burned safely if you can control the combustion, and the wood is dry. I was just always told not to use it.

Here's an old mill just like mine. Three blades, and it edges and cuts at the same time. The teeth can be replaced instead of the entire blade.

Very similar to the Mobile Dimension sawmill, which is not surprising since they were designed by the same guy.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CYYD0eXM6mE&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/CYYD0eXM6mE&fs=1</a>
pretty... some day when I buy the wood lot.
If its important then try something, fail, disect, learn from it, try again, and again and again until it kills you or you succeed.

Online cernunnos5

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
C5 Walks into a Diner... 2019 Predictions
« Reply #364 on: December 18, 2018, 10:13:24 AM »
My new one is now up. My 2019 predictions

https://darkgreenmountainsurvivalresearchcentre.wordpress.com/2018/12/18/c5-the-anti-clauses-2019-predictions-four-more-beers/

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: C5 Walks into a Diner... 2019 Predictions
« Reply #365 on: December 18, 2018, 10:23:55 AM »

https://darkgreenmountainsurvivalresearchcentre.wordpress.com/2018/12/18/c5-the-anti-clauses-2019-predictions-four-more-beers/

Making Collapse Predictions is always Risky Bizness.  Just ask Kunstler.  ::)

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 18, 2018, 10:31:10 AM »
The Steve Austin vs. C5 on a bad hair day vid won't load. That was slated to be the hi-lite  :icon_sunny: of my day.

Throw $20 canuck fiats at the predicts with a book maker & get back with us. I've got lumber earmarked for your crucifixion come next Oct.
When your shit winds up in the weeds, Oh Canada hemp that is  :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks for the warnings, keep comin' back .....
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 18, 2018, 12:17:55 PM »
My predictions about your predictions.

2019 will  involve crashing financial markets. However, perhaps unfortunately, they will not go away.  My advice? Hold out until the 30 year US Treasury Bond yield  is so high it can't possibly go any higher, and then buy it. Sell it when the yield drops back to near zero.

Easy money.  Then put half in cryptos, and the other half in gold and silver.

The internet? It won't end....just the part where it was free and open and everybody got everything at the same speed. That part will change. The real end is some way off. You might live to see it, but it won''t be in 2019, or even 2025.

I think you're spot on about the climate. No denier, me.

In fact, it isn't so much that you're wrong on the first two points, but I just don't think we're that close. And I look for at least one more reboot on the financial system. This time they're more ready than last time. Everybody expects a total meltdown, so that makes it less likely, not more likely.

But hey, you got a pair, making predictions on the Diner. We LOVE predictions, especially when it goes a different way.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 18, 2018, 12:29:15 PM »
I just don't think we're that close. .

Of course not.  You have Hopium your investments in Crypto will make you a Master of the Universe before it all crashes.  Being just $RICH$ 🤑 is not enough for you.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 18, 2018, 01:20:08 PM »
Wrong.

I make my best determination about what is most likely to happen, and I act with the courage of my convictions. I filter out the stupid hype and bullshit, and work my plan as long as it works.

You have it ass-backwards.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: C5 Walks into a Diner... 2019 Predictions
« Reply #370 on: December 18, 2018, 01:41:17 PM »

That there is a balls-out high wire act, my friend.

The end of growth could be the financial equivalent of the big Bang!
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 18, 2018, 02:21:18 PM »
Wrong.

I make my best determination about what is most likely to happen, and I act with the courage of my convictions. I filter out the stupid hype and bullshit, and work my plan as long as it works.

You have it ass-backwards.

"With a bit of luck, I'll go from barely rich to really filthy stinkin' rich. That would be nice." -Eddie

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 18, 2018, 02:29:04 PM »
I was just fucking with you, because, let's face it, you were fucking with me.

But I'm happy to make enough money to maybe live out my old age in relative comfort, though. I have no problem with improving my financial statement.

Last I checked, you like to spend money as much as the next guy....just sayin'.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 18, 2018, 02:39:37 PM »
Last I checked, you like to spend money as much as the next guy....just sayin'.

I spend my money (actually Soros' money) in the world of my Imagination.  IRL, I am a very penurious person who lives on less than $20K year, and this is quite enough.

I am gifted with a very lively imaginative world.  Really, I don't need anything to be real at all.  It's all the same to me, what I imagine and what is "real".  The difference of course is that in the world of my imagination, I don't need to rip off other people to get rich.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 18, 2018, 02:49:50 PM »
I don't rip people off. I take care of other people.

That line of bullshit is something you and your vivid imagination came up with to make you feel good about trashing me. I'm sure you can sell that crap to AG and few other self-righteous assholes, but anybody who knows me.....really knows better. You know better. Give it a fuckin' rest.