AuthorTopic: C5 Walks into a Diner...  (Read 28125 times)

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: C5 Walks into a Diner...
« Reply #555 on: April 18, 2019, 11:18:58 AM »
Radio Ecoshock interview with Paul Beckwith

Hard to get happy after this one

https://www.ecoshock.org/2019/04/the-burning-question.html

Thanks for posting.

I've always enjoyed Beckwith's research.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline cernunnos5

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 03, 2019, 10:34:49 AM »
Well, I'm heading to El Salvador in the next half hour. Goal accomplished.

I havent brought recent posts here simply because I've been burnt out... and had to focus on the main goal.

But I thought I would bring my latest post over here... just so you folks could get a decent laugh at old C5s expense.  enjoy.

C5, Year in Review.

https://darkgreenmountainsurvivalresearchcentre.wordpress.com/2019/12/01/c5s-year-in-review/

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 03, 2019, 02:06:02 PM »

I havent brought recent posts here simply because I've been burnt out... and had to focus on the main goal.

But I thought I would bring my latest post over here... just so you folks could get a decent laugh at old C5s expense.  enjoy.

C5, Year in Review.

https://darkgreenmountainsurvivalresearchcentre.wordpress.com/2019/12/01/c5s-year-in-review/

El Salvador?  ??? 

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 03, 2019, 03:13:47 PM »

C5, Year in Review.

El Salvador?  ??? 

RE

Last time I looked ex-pats were bailing out of El Salvador in droves.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 03, 2019, 03:32:23 PM »
Latest Cost of Living Data .... Nov 2019 El Sal v. Phillipines

At this link you can modify locations to fit your needs.

https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living/country/comparison/philippines/el-salvador
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 04:26:25 PM by azozeo »
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #560 on: December 03, 2019, 04:35:17 PM »

C5, Year in Review.

El Salvador?  ??? 

RE

Something strange is going on.  Read his blog. 

I wasn't  pleased to see him writing about banging a friend of Tony Robbins.  I'm not innocent and I can be outrageous but I didn't like seeing that.  I reset his website counter to zero in my world so he has to work all the way back to being the first in my list of brown links now.  He can consider it a traffic ticket. 

I said I can be outrageous but when I get that outrageous please someone too remind me I represent something respectable.  Collapse is respectable.  We are not a rainbow coalition with an agenda to advertise our sex lives and gentlemen don't tell.  I hope things are all right with C-5.  No shirt no shoes no service and today DGM is barefoot.  The question is now what kind of 'research centre' is green mountain.  If you think your job is done and you have said all you think you can.  It must not have been very important to say.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 04:51:57 PM by K-Dog »
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 03, 2019, 05:16:40 PM »

C5, Year in Review.

El Salvador?  ??? 

RE

I wasn't  pleased to see him writing about banging a friend of Tony Robbins.  I'm not innocent and I can be outrageous but I didn't like seeing that.  I reset his website counter to zero in my world so he has to work all the way back to being the first in my list of brown links now.  He can consider it a traffic ticket. 

I said I can be outrageous but when I get that outrageous please someone too remind me I represent something respectable.  Collapse is respectable.  We are not a rainbow coalition with an agenda to advertise our sex lives and gentlemen don't tell.  I hope things are all right with C-5.  No shirt no shoes no service and today DGM is barefoot.  The question is now what kind of 'research centre' is green mountain.  If you think your job is done and you have said all you think you can.  It must not have been very important to say.

I shouldn't take Dick Tracy to fiqure out it's the dippin' sauce, Again !

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 03, 2019, 06:13:44 PM »

C5, Year in Review.

El Salvador?  ??? 

RE

Well. it's not a Blog I would cross-post on the Diner. LOL.

What I am more interested in than his sex life is what happens to the Nova Scotia Doomstead while on this El Salvador adventure?  And why El Salvador?  What is the least bit appealing about that neck of the woods?  :icon_scratch:  Did he buy a R/T ticket or is this a One-Way journey?

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #563 on: December 03, 2019, 06:24:41 PM »

C5, Year in Review.

El Salvador?  ??? 

RE

I shouldn't take Dick Tracy to fiqure out it's the dippin' sauce, Again !

Yes, the tippin sauce.  Ho Ho Ho.  Tis the season.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 06:26:21 PM by K-Dog »
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 03, 2019, 06:25:05 PM »

C5, Year in Review.

El Salvador?  ??? 

RE

I once shook hands with Tony Robbins. lol.

Long  story.....I never spent any money on his scams. Walking on fire is not something I ever felt the need to for.......

I did read C5's blog today.....been awhile. Sounded like he's mostly just been working his plan. Maybe just.vacation....time  for some R & R. They are south-of-the-border savvy and know what they're doing. I used to think El Salvador had potential for ex-pat living....but not so much lately. They've had a lot of violence lately.

Pretty much everything there owned by ex-pats is up for sale, cheap. Sad, really.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 03, 2019, 06:30:32 PM »
Pretty much everything there owned by ex-pats is up for sale, cheap. Sad, really.

Who would buy that real estate? ???   :icon_scratch:  That's a worse investment than Florida or SoCal.

Crossing my fingers Doug Casey loses a bundle on his Casa Estancia Estates.  :icon_sunny:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #566 on: December 03, 2019, 06:32:13 PM »

Who would buy that real estate? ???   :icon_scratch:  That's a worse investment than Florida or SoCal.

Crossing my fingers Doug Casey loses a bundle on his Casa Estancia Estates.  :icon_sunny:

RE

Now THAT is a Christmas wish.

What would it take, short of the campesinos pulling an Occupy Casa Estancia?
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly now, love mercy now, walk humbly now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it."

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #567 on: December 03, 2019, 06:34:38 PM »

C5, Year in Review.

El Salvador?  ??? 

RE

Long  story.....I never spent any money on his scams. Walking on fire is not something I ever felt the need to for.......

I did read C5's blog today.....been awhile. Sounded like he's mostly just been working his plan. Maybe just.vacation....time  for some R & R. They are south-of-the-border savvy and know what they're doing. I used to think El Salvador had potential for ex-pat living....but not so much lately. They've had a lot of violence lately.

Too many Jesuits were murdered there for me to ever enjoy the place but that was a long time ago.  Currently the murder rate has fallen a bit and may be as low as 20 times the U.S. rate.  It has been higher.  I don't want to learn Spanish there.  It looks like a journey to the heart of darkness.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 06:39:14 PM by K-Dog »

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #568 on: December 03, 2019, 06:37:39 PM »

I used to work with a woman who upon her retirement, cashed out and with her husband was headed for El Salvador. No idea how that turned out, but this thread has made me wonder.
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly now, love mercy now, walk humbly now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it."

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 03, 2019, 06:42:45 PM »

RE

Now THAT is a Christmas wish.

What would it take, short of the campesinos pulling an Occupy Casa Estancia?

Another 2002 style Debt Default would do it.  Read FerFal's accounts of that collpse.

http://ferfal.blogspot.com/

RE
Save As Many As You Can