AuthorTopic: The Fifth Horseman: Another Mass Murder  (Read 26760 times)

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: The Fifth Horseman: Another Mass Murder
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2012, 09:36:27 AM »
From what I read this morning on some ABS News sites, the mother had no active connection to the school. I expect we'll learn nothing from the MSM as the facts are rewritten to agree with the prevailing narrative. Yet it is interesting that the weapons used were military grade, the Glock and Sig Sauer being able to be quickly reloaded.

Surly1,

Funny, how the initial reports, that afternoon, put her as the teacher in the school room, teaching those kids that died. Then she was a substitute. Now she is not a teacher, maybe?  :icon_scratch:

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2012, 10:18:08 AM »
I find that I get a lot of what appears to be decent info from RT. Of course, I start from the premise that, if I hear it on the MSM, it is disinfo. So I generally start with the MSM, and when they say, "north," I head south. Certainly reflexive, and probably often wrong, but there it is. The unintended consequences of the Warren commission report.

Then again, some of these alternative websites are probably operated by Rothschild employees from a basement in Luxembourg. WTF doI know?

All I know is that this one is operated by a crank from Alaska . . . :evil4:
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2012, 10:53:43 AM »
Newspaper of record squeezes out some info.

A Mother, a Gun Enthusiast and the First Victim

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/16/nyregion/friends-of-gunmans-mother-his-first-victim-recall-her-as-generous.html?_r=0

From the article:

“She had several different guns,” Mr. Holmes said. “I don’t know how many. She would go target shooting with her kids.”

Many of those who knew Ms. Lanza in Newtown were at a loss to describe what she did for a living. Her brother in New Hampshire said she had not been working, but had once been a stockbroker.

Uh-huh.

Watch this disappear down the memory hole.

"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2012, 02:34:06 PM »

Many of those who knew Ms. Lanza in Newtown were at a loss to describe what she did for a living. Her brother in New Hampshire said she had not been working, but had once been a stockbroker.

Uh-huh.

[/quote]

WHD wrote that Adam was described as aa "genius".  Wasn't the Dark Knight shooter a Genius too?

Mysterious source of income...gun enthusiast...does anybody else sniff a CIA Greenbauming?

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2012, 06:08:31 PM »
In the aftermath of the Adam Kindergarten Shooting Spree, it is pretty evident that the Pols are making a big PUSH now for an Assault Weapons Ban.

Precisely what will end up being defined as an "Assault Weapon" is pretty hard to determine here, since if you call Semi-Automatics Assault Weapons, that includes nearly all handguns sold.  Most people don't buy Revolvers for personal protection anymore, and Cops don't carry revolvers anymore either.

Trying to imagine how Da Goobermint could get even just all the legal holders of Semi-Automatic guns to turn them in is impossible.  Even if you just kept it to the rifles its pretty hard to imagine.  Some Hunters still use Bolt Action rifles, but I don't think the majority do anymore.  In any event, I know plenty of guys with Gun collections in the hundreds, worth of course 10s if not 100s of thousands of dollars. If they turn them in, will Da Goobermint reimburse them?

I imagine a majority of Gun owners would turn them in if faced down with Jail Sentences and so forth for Possession of such a weapon, but I don't imagine ALL will do that.  Some percentage will elect to go down with their guns battling with the Gestapo when they come to take them away.  If there is anything that could get a full on Civil War going here in the FSofA, an attempt to confiscate Guns would almost surely do it.

TPTB have to realize this, so they will probably try to make some kind of new laws without going down the road of confiscation.  I can imagine Gun Owners being required to drop in at the local Gestapo Headquarters on a weekly basis for a Psychological Test to be deemed Stable Enough to own a Gun.  After a few weeks of doing this, the Gun Owner would either get tired of it and hand over the guns, or stop showing up for the testing, in which case of course you get the Gunfight at the OK Corral around his McMansion when the Gestapo show up.

meanwhile of course, in the Drug Gangland community, Guns will continue to flow back and forth across the border with Mejico, and I sure can't imagine most Texans on the Border will be amenable to handing over their Guns.  So this would likely push the Secession Movement in TX which is pretty strong already over the edge.

The Gun Battle Begins.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline reanteben

• Global Moderator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2012, 06:43:46 PM »

Uh-huh.

WHD wrote that Adam was described as aa "genius".  Wasn't the Dark Knight shooter a Genius too?

Mysterious source of income...gun enthusiast...does anybody else sniff a CIA Greenbauming?

RE

[/quote]

took you long enough. :P

for all I know I could be the next one... cia pops, weirdo, bad memory, etc.

fwiw, surly, those sorcha faal (sp?) articles were juicy to be sure but if you recall el gallinazo considers him untrustworthy.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2012, 07:14:31 PM »
This is getting better by the minute.  Below from the Daily Mail in the UK.

Dad apparently is a GE Executive, Mom was a DOOMER SURVIVALIST!

Hat Tip to Stucky on TBP for digging this article up.

RE

ARTICLE URL:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2248983/Connecticut-school-shooting-Adam-Lanzas-survivalist-mother-obsessed-guns.html

EXCLUSIVE: Gunman's 'survivalist' mother was OBSESSED with guns and stockpiled supplies as she planned for economic collapse before son shot her in the face while she lay in bed
  • Nancy Lanza, 52, a 'survivalist,' was preparing for the end of the world economy by stockpiling food
  • She was killed by her son, Adam Lanza, before the shooting rampage at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut
  • She had five guns registered to her name, two of which her son used for killings
  • [/SIZE]
  • Adam's father, Peter, is divorced from the mother and lives with new wife in Stamford, Connecticut
  • [/SIZE]
[/B]

By Daniel Bates In Newtown, Connecticut and Hayley Peterson
PUBLISHED:00:00 EST, 15 December 2012
|
UPDATED:18:29 EST, 16 December 2012

Comments (
)
[/URL]

[/URL]
    • <?xml:namespace prefix = fb ns = "http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml" /><fb:like class="fb_edge_widget_with_comment fb_iframe_widget" fb-xfbml-state="rendered" send="false" layout="button_count" width="90" show_faces="false"></fb:like>

Gun lover: Nancy Lanza had reportedly become 'obsessed' with guns and taught Adam how to shoot

The mother of Newtown school massacre gunman Adam Lanza was a survivalist who was stockpiling food because she thought the world economy was on the verge of collapse.

Nancy Lanza began hoarding food and water because she feared that the onging financial crisis was going to bring about the end of civilized society.

She reportedly became 'obsessed' with guns and taught Adam how to shoot, but on Friday in a grim twist he blasted her to death while she laid in her own bed.

Law enforcement sources told the Hartford Courant that she had not gotten up - and could have even been asleep - when her son killed her.

The disclosure raises the prospect that Adam could have had the same apocalyptic views as his mother, and that she could have even encouraged them in him.

The Mayan Apocalypse, which the ancient Mayan people thought would mark the end of the world, will supposedly take place on December 21, although it is not clear if Adam thought that was the case.

In an interview the killer's aunt said Nancy Lanza was 'self-reliant' and indicated she was a 'prepper', or a person who prepares for Doomsday by learning essential survival skills - like how to shoot a gun.
    Scroll down for video

Mother: Fifty-two-year-old Nancy Lanza, pictured, was 'obsessed with guns' and preparing for the collapse of the world economy

Speaking from her home near Chicago, Marsha Lanza, 57, said: 'She was stockpiling food. We talked about prepping a lot. She was getting ready for the economic collapse.
    'I think she had the guns for self-defense because she lived alone.'
    She added that Nancy was ‘meticulous’ and would 'never leave the guns out.'

It was revealed yesterday that Nancy Lanza had taken Adam to a shooting range and taught him how to use a firearm before he turned a gun on her and shot her dead, then executed more than two dozen terrified children and teachers at an elementary school.

Killer: Adam Lanza may have had a much broader plan when he forced his way into Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday

She had legally purchased five firearms, all registered in Connecticut, according to police records.

'She said she would often go target shooting with her kids,' Dan Holmes, owner of the lanscaping firm Holmes Fine Gardens, told Reuters.
    He recalled that she once showed him a 'high-end rifle' that she had purchased.

'She was very proud of it,' he told the New York Daily News. 'She loved her guns.'

Adam killed his mother in the home they shared on Friday morning by shooting her in the face using one of her own guns.

Adam then allegedly took his mother's car keys and several guns belonging to her - including a Glock and a Sig Sauer, both pistols, and a .223 caliber rifle - and drove her car to Sandy Hook Elementary School, where he massacred 20 children and six adults, before shooting himself.

In the immediate aftermath of the shooting, it was widely reported that Nancy Lanza was a kindergarten teacher at the elementary school.

But Newtown Superintendent of Schools Janet Robinson said Saturday that she had 'never met' Miss Lanza and that she was not in the school database as a staff member.

Some reports alleged that Nancy had retired from working as an educator many years ago to take care of her son, Adam, who allegedly had behavioral and personality issues.

Nancy and Adam lived in a well-to-do part of Newtown, a prosperous community of 27,000 people about 60 miles northeast of New York City.

Connecticut shooting

Adam Lanza shot his mother, Nancy, before driving to Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting 26 people including 20 children

Nancy Lanza's home in Newtown, Connecticut, was raided after 2 pm on Friday and she was found shot dead from an apparent gunshot wound to the face

Traumatized students were seen being led out of the school crying and holding hands
    The families of victims grieve near Sandy Hook Elementary School

Mourners gather inside the St. Rose of Lima Roman Catholic Church at a vigil service for victims of the Sandy Hook School shooting in Newtown, Connecticut

Neighbors said that the mother always took great pride in her Colonial-style house, and always kept her home tidy.

The four-bedroom, three-bathroom house is estimated to be worth around $537,000, and is situated on 2.19 acres of land.
    Lanza's aunt, Marsha Lanza, said her nephew was raised by kind, nurturing parents who would not have hesitated to seek mental help for him if he needed it.

More...The Crystal Lake, Illinois resident told the Associated Press she was close with Adam Lanza's mother and sent her a Facebook message Friday morning asking how she was doing.

Nancy Lanza never responded.
    Marsha Lanza described Nancy Lanza as a good mother and kind-hearted. If her son had needed counseling, 'Nancy wasn't one to deny reality,' she said.
    Marsha Lanza said her husband saw Adam as recently as June and recalled nothing out of the ordinary about him.
    VIDEO: Police statement on behalf of Nancy Lanza's family...

Play Video
    [/list][/list]
    Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
    • Contrarian
    • Master Chef
      • View Profile
    « Reply #37 on: December 16, 2012, 08:30:29 PM »
    Hate to bring it up but someone has too.

Could it be remotely possible she was one of us, we have many silent members?

Can we expect a barrage of snoopers and troublemakers into our humble abode from the circumstances?

Are RE's jokes about the black SUV's parked outside to wisk him away now a possibility?

Are we still to small to be noticed?

Will people such as the staff at TAE,TBP, Archdruid or other sites feel threatened?

Should we lay low and post videos for a few weeks?

You know they are going though her computer with a fine comb.

:-\ :icon_scratch: :dontknow: :dontknow: :icon_study:

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
    • Sous Chef
      • View Profile
    « Reply #38 on: December 16, 2012, 08:41:26 PM »
    RE

On the control or confiscation question, it seems obvious in many cases of accidents as well as cases like this, storage is a big part  of the problem. I would be surprised if they did not attach some of the sort of laws in oz. eg, rifles stored at home in gunsafe with combination not key, bolted from inside to wall. If you cant afford one, you keep guns at police station for free. Handguns stored at pistol club.

I imagine Obummer could get that sort of thing passed.

Im a little confused that only one relative talked about the mum storing food and water, everyone else said she talked about guns and gardening. I would have thought she would at least be described as talking about the economy if she was preparing for that,or maybe that is either as common  there as talking about the weather its not worth mentioning.

ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline RE

• Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #39 on: December 16, 2012, 11:29:33 PM »
    Hate to bring it up but someone has too.

Could it be remotely possible she was one of us, we have many silent members?

I speculated in a prior post on this topic that Adam Lanza might have been Greenbaumed, and I don't discount that as a possibility/probability here.  However, the revelation that Mom was a DOOMER SURVIVALIST makes some other possibilities more likely now.

Adam Lanza was only 20 when he went Postal.  Assume Mom became a Full On Doomer 10 years ago, and began Prepping and talking about Zombie Hordes to her kids.  So starting around age 10 Adam is being bombarded by Mom with the End of the World coming in his lifetime.  How does this play in the mind of a growing Preteen/Teenager?

Even if he was a fairly "stable" and "normal" kid on the Biochemical level, this would be very depressing to grow up with.  Reports are though that Adam had Aspergers Syndrome and wasn't all that "normal" even had Mom not been a Doomer.

GO made the speculation that perhaps Mom was a Lurking Diner, I suppose it's possible but not likely.  Anyhow, so far the Black Cadillac Escalades have not shown up at the Cabin.  Not even an Email from the NSA!  We are way down the Alexa list, so we don't get any attention. :(  lol.

This isn't the first Doomer to go postal, we had that guy a while back who blew away his wife and daughter before offing himself in his Bunker.  And of course legions of other Doomers have gone Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs in other ways, notably Matt Savinar going full tilt Astrology of course.

Obviously, living life as a Doomer is pretty stressful overall, and a percentage of Doomers crack under the pressure.  The growing child of a Doomer, particularly one with some genetic/environmental development issues is clearly at high risk for cracking.

If/when a few more Doomers get Trigger Happy, you would have to expect a general backlash against Doomers, something to consider here.  In communities chock FULL of Doomers like places in MT and ID, the Doomers start to have to worry about EACH OTHER.  Is my Doomstead Neighbor a "Normal" Doomer or is he on the verge of becoming a RAMPAGING Doomer?

All in all, it's looking more like a "Children of Men" endgame here all the time.  Things haven't even really got that bad yet, the SNAP Cards are still working and the lights are still on in most places most of the time. When TS REALLY HTF, its gonna get mighty ugly out there.

RE
    Save As Many As You Can

stewie

« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2012, 12:11:51 AM »
    I have thought that we all would of been flagged on some government computer somewhere just for visiting here let alone posting.I would agree with you RE on whether an actual person would of been bothered to check that info.Don't know what your US headlines are like but this from AUS http://www.news.com.au/world/nancy-lanza-may-have-triggered-son-adam-lanzas-gun-rampage/story-fndir2ev-1226538321098
     Just look at the language used and assumptions made.More reasons to vilify and ostracise anyone who wants to stand on their own two feet and not hold the nanny states hand.Now  i am a father of two teenage kids and i have never once mentioned anything doom related to them and never would(unless of course they come to these conclusions on their own).Was just wondering how other parents handled this?

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
    • Sous Chef
      • View Profile
    « Reply #41 on: December 17, 2012, 01:24:13 AM »
    Stewie, can not say definitely, but very likely. The massive capacity to store all communication and increasing legislation to track all that without warrant is not for nothing. As  I have already said the profiling theory already exists, for now it requires fundamental christian failth but expect that to be revised at some time to be dropped as a necessity.

RE

Forget the stress on kids of doomers or stress of collapse fatigue driving any of these people to do anything stupid in the near term, I see no evidence of that. People who are taking measures to look after themselves long termare not about to throw all that away short term.

This guy could not relate to the terror of his victims, he does not really relate to facial cues like tears or screams and what these mean or how they correspond to his own experience. I knew someone who wrote a book on autism spectrum called "through the eyes of an alien". marriages  break down due to the starin of caring for these kids, and this lady was highly strung because of the difficulty of looking after him, carers of these kids always are, just the nonresponse to hugs or smiles etc compounds that. This tragedy is due to his condition, the fact that he was able to access these weapons, his mum had trained him to use them, and the only part of her preparing for economic collapse having anything to do with it is that she therefore had the guns as part of that. The high level of stress in people around him would not matter to him. lack of order pattern and routine more than anything would upset him.

ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline RE

• Administrator
      • View Profile
    Gun Battles
    « Reply #42 on: December 17, 2012, 01:34:18 AM »
    Gun Battles by Diner GODFATHER RE now UP on the Diner Blog!

This article compiles a few of the posts I made so far in the Fifth Horseman thread along with some new material.

RE
    Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
      • View Profile
    The Fifth Horseman: Phil Farruggio-Love is God
    « Reply #43 on: December 17, 2012, 02:21:36 AM »
    From Diner Blogger Phillip Farrugio via Email to me on the Shooting.

Phil hasn't really got the handle on how to use the diner software so I am publishing this for him here.

Quote from: Phillip Farrugio
    Op Ed Commentary

Love IS God

Today, December 14th, 2012, we all got the shock of shocks. Over 20 young children were murdered by a lone gunman at an elementary school in Connecticut. The other day a similar event occurred in a shopping mall in Clackamas, Oregon. A nation shakes its head and wonders ‘Why? ‘Where is the love of our fellow man that all religions teach is paramount to reaching our Creator’s open arms? We can investigate this young killer’s past and attempt to find out how a tremendous lack of loving or feeling loved could have existed before he pulled the trigger over and over again. Now, before the ‘ law and order ‘ freaks chase me round the mulberry bush shouting, this writer is not simply shrugging off the action as one of ‘The poor killer needed more hugs and kisses and strokes of affection… poor him! ‘No, what this writer is doing is bringing to you, my fellow citizen, the awful truth: We are a violent empire that glorifies murder in the name of national security! If there is any sort of copycat action, it is most likely born of that.

We have a compliant media, through advertisements and patriotic displays before sporting events and almost any public spectacle, drowning one’s intellect with drumbeat propaganda. Our soldiers, Marines, Army, Navy, whatever, are referred to as Brave Warriors and Heroes. Why? Because we use these fine and well trained young men and women as invaders & occupiers of peoples and places we never had any business of attacking? We place these chess piece pawns outside the factories offshore in over 100 different countries with weapon in hand… keeping the masses there in line. Our overkill drones, missiles and other WMDs cast a terrible shadow over those lands… at great risk to all concerned… and at great financial cost to we taxpayers. Is this the so called Love of God that so many worship through a myriad of religions?

Many of my fellow Americans like to refer to our country as a Christian Nation. They revere Jesus of Nazareth as the ‘Son of God ‘. Would he carry a loaded gun into a shopping mall or elementary school and fire away? Would he send out drone aircraft by remote control to destroy through collateral damage? Would he Shock and Awe an entire nation’s water supply and electrical grid, knowingly destroying more civilian lives than armed soldiers’ lives? Would he say ‘ Right on ‘ to over half of his nation’s budget going for military spending while so many are jobless, homeless and hungry? Where is the love in that?

PA Farruggio

December 14th, 2012
    Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
    • Master Chef
      • View Profile
      • Doomstead Diner
    « Reply #44 on: December 17, 2012, 03:02:17 AM »
    Exactly. Now rather than CIA, she's a prepper. See Martha, I TOLD you those people were crazy!!!! And now, right on cue, comes the gun control push.

Happy holidays.