AuthorTopic: DON'T VOTE !  (Read 628 times)

Offline Palloy2

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Palloy's Blog
DON'T VOTE !
« on: April 30, 2018, 03:59:53 PM »
This is why it is important to not vote - every vote cast endorses the whole lousy democratic process.  Mind you, the elites don't have any shame when it comes to how representative their governance is, so this is only a mild action.  In Australia, where voting is compulsory, trying to persuade others to not vote is illegal.  So there is an angle of attack in forming a wave of people to break this pathetic law.  You never know, the campaign might go viral, especially if it is on a website that is overseas and the domain name is registered in Russia, so can't be easily taken down.

At the risk of being censored, I can say that YOU'VE GOT TO DO SOMETHING to stop this death-dealing monster.  You can't say "Don't blame me, I voted but I lost."  YOU (collectively) are responsible for YOUR politicians.  Don't give me all that crap about me being "holier than thou" or what I didn't do when I was a Brit.  If you wish, I will help set up a non-destructible website, (although Wikileaks/The Pirate Bay has a lot more experience at this than me). It's the least you can do to fight back just a little bit before its too late.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qxsQ7jJJcEA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/qxsQ7jJJcEA</a>

Of course you have to come up with something to replace what you've got now - a new Constitution or an Amendment that fixes the problem and puts some of the current lot of shysters in jail.  This will need some thought, but who better to do that than DD.  No trite comments, please. (LOL).

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-04-30/almost-23-americans-have-given-political-parties-citing-corruption-government
Almost 2/3 Of Americans Have Given Up On Political Parties, Citing Corruption In Government
Mac Slavo via SHTFplan.com,
04/30/2018

Disillusioned by the promises of politicians and convinced that the entire political system is irreparably corrupt,  many Americans will be staying out of the voting booth for the 2018 elections.

This isn’t new, however, as many refused to vote in 2016 as well.

Respondents told poll takers at USA Today and Suffolk University in a recent survey:

“Nearly two-thirds of adult U.S. citizens will stay away from the polls during the coming midterm elections, and they say they have given up on the political parties and a system that they say is beyond reform and repair…

A majority of those non-voters would like to see a third party or multiple parties.” –Suffolk University

Although that number may seem high, in 2016, faced with the prospect of having to choose between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, 46.9% of eligible voters didn’t even vote in the presidential election.

Most of those who no longer vote have given up on the “lesser of two evils” fallacy and the irrational belief that somehow the government has our best interests in mind.

The Huffington Post noted,

“The poll surveyed Americans who aren’t registered to vote or who are registered but say they’re unlikely to cast a ballot. Combined, the two groups include more than 100 million adults, the pollsters note.”

And the corruption in government is becoming apparent to those who choose to opt out of voting. About 68 percent of independent voters and party registered voters who say they are unlikely to vote this year agreed with the statement:

“I don’t pay much attention to politics because it is so corrupt.”

It’s a marked increase over the 54 percent of respondents who agreed to this characterization of politics in the 2012 survey.

The bad news for both major political parties continues too.  According to Truth in Media, around 63 percent of respondents in these categories agreed or strongly agreed with the statement: “I don’t pay much attention to politics because nothing ever gets done – it’s a bunch of empty promises,” which is also up from the 59 percent who said the same nearly six years ago.

Only 22 percent of respondents said the Democratic and Republican parties do a good job of representing Americans’ political views, which is down from 32 percent when the question was asked in 2012.

An increasing number of voters from both sides are beginning to see the corruption and manufactured compassion inherent in most (if not all) politicians.
"The State is a body of armed men."

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: DON'T VOTE !
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 05:41:36 PM »
This is why it is important to not vote - every vote cast endorses the whole lousy democratic process.  Mind you, the elites don't have any shame when it comes to how representative their governance is, so this is only a mild action.  In Australia, where voting is compulsory, trying to persuade others to not vote is illegal.  So there is an angle of attack in forming a wave of people to break this pathetic law.  You never know, the campaign might go viral, especially if it is on a website that is overseas and the domain name is registered in Russia, so can't be easily taken down.

At the risk of being censored, I can say that YOU'VE GOT TO DO SOMETHING to stop this death-dealing monster.  You can't say "Don't blame me, I voted but I lost."  YOU (collectively) are responsible for YOUR politicians.  Don't give me all that crap about me being "holier than thou" or what I didn't do when I was a Brit.  If you wish, I will help set up a non-destructible website, (although Wikileaks/The Pirate Bay has a lot more experience at this than me). It's the least you can do to fight back just a little bit before its too late.

Surly and I have this debate regularly.  I never vote, never have.  I have been dissatified with the political sytem since before I wa sold enough to vote.  Surly on the other hand is a big believer in the ballot box and regularly goes out to vote for the lesser of two evils.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Palloy2

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Palloy's Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 06:13:58 PM »
Surly and I have this debate regularly.  I never vote, never have.  I have been dissatified with the political sytem since before I wa sold enough to vote.  Surly on the other hand is a big believer in the ballot box and regularly goes out to vote for the lesser of two evils.

Yes, I know, but this is an attempt to do something and get others to do the same as you.  You can't just leave it at that - the lesser of two evils is no solution when they are both evil.

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 06:30:15 PM »

Yes, I know, but this is an attempt to do something and get others to do the same as you.  You can't just leave it at that - the lesser of two evils is no solution when they are both evil.

I don't do "just that".  I write about it and I argue for why voting doesn't change the status quo.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 07:25:42 PM »
A decision to vote can be a decision to do nothing else.
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 07:53:43 PM »
A decision to vote can be a decision to do nothing else.

The question is, what else that might be somewhat effective can you do instead? ???  :icon_scratch:

Peacefully Marching in the streets doesn't seem to do much good, and neither does writing to your CONgressman.  Nobody here is going out and burning down banks, and all the Bloggers put together aren't making a hill of beans difference either.  So short of a full scale revolution, I am at a loss to find a means to put a stop to this juggernaut.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Palloy2

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Palloy's Blog
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 08:27:34 PM »
... I am at a loss to find a means to put a stop to this juggernaut.

That's defeatist when there are two-thirds of voters that are fed up with the juggernaut, and your life is at stake.  I agree that peacefully marching in the streets is useless, and emailing your Congressman is worse than useless, but ...

You could transfer DD's domain registration and hosting provider to https://reg.ru/en/ so that DD can't be closed down by NSA , DDoS, or dropped from Google for being Putin's propaganda, and save money  :icon_sunny:.

You could start a campaign to get people to switch to the Yandex search engine (install the Firefox add-on "yandex-EN" ) and avoid Google's censorship.

You could move all your Youtube videos to Vimeo.com . (You have got back-up copies, haven't you?)

Since this represents all your "fight-back" efforts, and it is threatened with censorship, this is definitely something you should consider doing.  Things are only going to get worse.

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2018, 08:44:41 PM »
... I am at a loss to find a means to put a stop to this juggernaut.

That's defeatist when there are two-thirds of voters that are fed up with the juggernaut, and your life is at stake.  I agree that peacefully marching in the streets is useless, and emailing your Congressman is worse than useless, but ...

You could transfer DD's domain registration and hosting provider to https://reg.ru/en/ so that DD can't be closed down by NSA , DDoS, or dropped from Google for being Putin's propaganda, and save money  :icon_sunny:.

You could start a campaign to get people to switch to the Yandex search engine (install the Firefox add-on "yandex-EN" ) and avoid Google's censorship.

You could move all your Youtube videos to Vimeo.com . (You have got back-up copies, haven't you?)

Since this represents all your "fight-back" efforts, and it is threatened with censorship, this is definitely something you should consider doing.  Things are only going to get worse.

I'll consider it.  Meanwhile, I think your ideas are very good and you should get a website going with these goals, and maybe register in Iceland.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN