AuthorTopic: TECHNOLOGY LIKE THIS EXISTS BUT WE’RE STILL USING OIL, GAS & COAL?  (Read 1091 times)

Offline Nearingsfault

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Re: TECHNOLOGY LIKE THIS EXISTS BUT WE’RE STILL USING OIL, GAS & COAL?
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2018, 05:44:45 PM »

Scientists Discover A New & Efficient Way To Turn Sunlight Into Fuel
September 12, 2018

By Alanna Ketler
IN BRIEF

The Facts:A new process is able to effectively turn sunlight into fuel by combining natural processes and human made technologies.
    Reflect On:With all of the emerging alternative energy sources that are becoming available to us, do we really need to be burning fossil fuels any longer?

The sun is a big burning ball of fire and thus, energy. Really, everything is energy. We already know that it is the light and warmth of the sun that gives life to every living thing on this planet. We have already seen an example of how the sun’s energy can be utilized to create power with the rapidly increasing use of solar panels, but researchers from St. John’s College, University of Cambridge, have now discovered a new way to utilize energy from the sun and turn it into fuel. Yes fuel — the type of fuel that could directly compete with fossil fuels.

https://www.collective-evolution.com/2018/09/12/scientists-discover-a-new-efficient-way-to-turn-sunlight-into-fuel/
there are nuggets in that article that are very interesting. I hope they misquoted the author about photosynthesis rates because that is way off base. There is lots of work going on in genetic engineering fuel factory living machines. So far they are nowhere near the efficiency of standard ectrolysis methods and only exist in labs. The old chestnut "In 10 to 20 years " comes to mind. I looked up the actual paper but could only read the summary without subscribing.
If its important then try something, fail, disect, learn from it, try again, and again and again until it kills you or you succeed.

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: TECHNOLOGY LIKE THIS EXISTS BUT WE’RE STILL USING OIL, GAS & COAL?
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2018, 06:15:14 PM »

Scientists Discover A New & Efficient Way To Turn Sunlight Into Fuel
September 12, 2018

By Alanna Ketler
IN BRIEF

The Facts:A new process is able to effectively turn sunlight into fuel by combining natural processes and human made technologies.
    Reflect On:With all of the emerging alternative energy sources that are becoming available to us, do we really need to be burning fossil fuels any longer?

The sun is a big burning ball of fire and thus, energy. Really, everything is energy. We already know that it is the light and warmth of the sun that gives life to every living thing on this planet. We have already seen an example of how the sun’s energy can be utilized to create power with the rapidly increasing use of solar panels, but researchers from St. John’s College, University of Cambridge, have now discovered a new way to utilize energy from the sun and turn it into fuel. Yes fuel — the type of fuel that could directly compete with fossil fuels.

https://www.collective-evolution.com/2018/09/12/scientists-discover-a-new-efficient-way-to-turn-sunlight-into-fuel/
there are nuggets in that article that are very interesting. I hope they misquoted the author about photosynthesis rates because that is way off base. There is lots of work going on in genetic engineering fuel factory living machines. So far they are nowhere near the efficiency of standard ectrolysis methods and only exist in labs. The old chestnut "In 10 to 20 years " comes to mind. I looked up the actual paper but could only read the summary without subscribing.

Thank you for your spin.....
This is why I post these exotic energy posts.

Run it up the flagpole & see if it's spit upon, or taken a knee to....  :icon_mrgreen:
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind