AuthorTopic: When the Going Gets Weird, the Weird Turn Pro  (Read 272 times)

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
When the Going Gets Weird, the Weird Turn Pro
« on: May 20, 2018, 08:53:19 AM »
And nobody is weirder (or slimier) than Roger Stone. He likes to call himself a great friend of Trump, but Trump is afraid to claim that until the Mueller investigation is over. Trump wishes he could deny ever meeting Roger, who is a front line soldier of dirty politics, going way back to Nixon. In this article, Roger is quoted as saying Trump might not run at all in 2020. Instead, he'll retire, having made America Great Again and solved all our problems. I wouldn't be surprised. Sitting in the Oval Office, Trump is so far over his head he probably cries for his Mommy before he goes to sleep every night, and then dreams of golfing every day for he rest of his life.

Roger Stone says Trump may not run in 2020, pledges to line up challenger to Pence-Haley ticket
by Daniel Chaitin

| May 19, 2018 05:02 PM

Roger Stone suggested President Trump may ultimately decide not to run for re-election.
(AP Photo/Andrew Harnik)

Longtime Trump confidant Roger Stone pledged to have someone lined up to challenge Vice President Mike Pence should he run for president in 2020.

During an interview Friday with Big League Politics, a right-wing news website, Stone suggested that President Trump may not ultimately run for re-election if his first term is adequately successful and denounced the possibility of a 2020 ticket with Pence and U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley.

"I guarantee you I will have a candidate challenge Mike Pence," said while speaking on the "Howley Reports" show.

Asked what he thinks about Haley, Stone grimaced and alleged that she "loves war" that isn't in the interest of the U.S.

On the prospect of a Pence-Haley ticket, Stone exclaimed, "Bring it on!"

The New York Times recently reported that Trump has been alarmed by the rising diplomatic star of Haley and even grown suspicious of her political ambitions. “Republicans close to the White House whisper about the prospect of an alliance between Ms. Haley and Vice President Mike Pence,” the Times reported in April, pointing to a possible run as a ticket in 2020.

Though Trump has already begun campaigning for re-election -- he has already chosen a 2020 slogan: "Keep America Great!" -- Stone cast doubt on it being a sure thing.

"I don't think that it is a foregone conclusion that the president will definitely run," Stone said. "If at the end of the next three years the economy is very strong, he has built the wall, sealed our borders, he's reformed our immigration policies, he has redone these trade agreements so that they are beneficial to the United States, that he has got a peace agreement in Korea -- I could see him saying, 'You know what? I don't need this anymore. I made America great again. I have kept my promises to the American people. I'm heading off to the golf course.'"

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/roger-stone-says-trump-may-not-run-in-2020-pledges-to-line-up-challenger-to-pence-haley-ticket
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: When the Going Gets Weird, the Weird Turn Pro
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 09:25:59 AM »
What if they gave an election and nobody voted?  Or next to nobody. I am definitely with RE on this. This two party system is so corrupt that it makes absolutely no difference who runs or who wins. It's all a sham and beyond repair. The US population has degenerated so far into its own feces that only a miracle could keep it from collapse. That's why as AG says, "The US is toast". Live with it! But I won't ! You have no honorable non corruptable contenders to run. If there are such, they know better. So good bye US of America Bully Empire. Was not so nice knowin ya. Burn in Hell!

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 05:22:26 PM »
What if they gave an election and nobody voted?  Or next to nobody.
Two words: President Roseanne
Roseanne Barr, Peace and Freedom Party Presidential Candidate, 2012
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 05:38:48 PM »
😂😄 Are you serious or is that a joke, or what?

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 05:41:36 PM »
On second thought, what about Gena Haspel? She's a favorite with people on DD, no?

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 07:34:18 PM »
😂😄 Are you serious or is that a joke, or what?
YES!!  :icon_mrgreen:

I am being funny, but seriously, she was on the ballot, and if the voter turnout gets sufficiently low, someone like her could get elected.
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 08:01:22 PM »
No , like I said, Gena Haspel would make a lovely republican president following Trumps second term. And just think what a hard working qualified committed wummon she is. Totally dedicated as well as having broken through that glass ceiling at last. And through her fine inquisitorial training and experience she will be able to put the final touches on restoring order if any chaotic or rebellious tendencies or pushes towards independent speech or thought break out in any part of this great country of ours. She is so much more qualified than Ivanka or Chelsea. A thoroughly dedicated patriotic female who worked her way up the hard way and will do her best for the country by her own trustworthiness as sworn by herself. What do you think? A wonderful states woman no?

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 08:04:30 PM »
No , like I said, Gena Haspel would make a lovely republican president following Trumps second term. And just think what a hard working qualified committed wummon she is. Totally dedicated as well as having broken through that glass ceiling at last. And through her fine inquisitorial training and experience she will be able to put the final touches on restoring order if any chaotic or rebellious tendencies or pushes towards independent speech or thought break out in any part of this great country of ours. She is so much more qualified than Ivanka or Chelsea. A thoroughly dedicated patriotic female who worked her way up the hard way and will do her best for the country by her own trustworthiness as sworn by herself. What do you think? A wonderful states woman no?

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2018, 08:07:10 PM »
No , like I said, Gena Haspel would make a lovely republican president following Trumps second term. And just think what a hard working qualified committed wummon she is. //
 A thoroughly dedicated patriotic female who worked her way up the hard way and will do her best for the country by her own trustworthiness as sworn by herself. What do you think? A wonderful states woman no?

Her election would be proof that any woman can, if she works hard enough and tries hard enough, rise high enough to torture others, normalize the practice, and destroy evidence.
Haspel will be perfect for the post trump era. Haspel/Pruitt 2024?
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2018, 08:19:35 PM »
No , like I said, Gena Haspel would make a lovely republican president following Trumps second term. And just think what a hard working qualified committed wummon she is. //
 A thoroughly dedicated patriotic female who worked her way up the hard way and will do her best for the country by her own trustworthiness as sworn by herself. What do you think? A wonderful states woman no?

Her election would be proof that any woman can, if she works hard enough and tries hard enough, rise high enough to torture others, normalize the practice, and destroy evidence.
But I gather that you thought it wrong of me to verbally describe how this horrible and un feminine thing should herself be tortured and hung out to dry, since that apparently was judged inappropriate for the so pure doom stead diner forum in which moderation is still rejecting my sincere and truthful posts. I had thought it justice if this vicious lying evil woman scumbag newly confirmed but not mentioned here were subjected herself to what she put other human beings through!

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2018, 08:24:10 PM »

Well, maybe, but don't forget that 2024 is when the Democrats are supposed to get their turn at the White House.... Left boot, left boot, right boot, right boot, mustn't mess up the cadence....

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2018, 08:34:45 PM »

Well, maybe, but don't forget that 2024 is when the Democrats are supposed to get their turn at the White House.... Left boot, left boot, right boot, right boot, mustn't mess up the cadence....
And don't forget that the Democratic Party destroyed itself and that by 2024 we will be more deeply under fascism where a monstrous fake female torturer and killer, a perfect replica of Pinochet in Chile, will be able to assume despotic power in a coup having been in control of the CIA.

Offline Agent Graves

• Rookie
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2018, 05:22:25 AM »
The number of twist plots and depth of intrigue in US politics now is beyond bizarre. It makes medieval witch hunts look like due process,  topped off by a double dealing laughing stock for a leader with straight faced newsreaders whose words sound like they should be coming from the mad hatter.
Junior  Operative, FBI Counter-Doomsdaycult Taskforce