AuthorTopic: Energy from NaCl  (Read 119 times)

Offline Palloy2

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Palloy's Blog
Energy from NaCl
« on: June 08, 2018, 05:20:41 PM »
AG: DON'T try to split hairs and claim the energy source is actually hydrogen from the water in the sea water. Yes, the hydrogen is the end product, but an integral part of the process is sea water.

If you do not apologize for your erroneous statement (Palloy: NaCL will never be an energy source), I will delete your post.

Splitting water by RF energy is no different energywise from splitting it via electrolysis.  The presence of NaCl is necessary to provide charged ions that carry the electrons around the part of the circuit between the electrodes.  ANY ionic salt, like KOH, would do. It has nothing to do with seawater.  Every litre of water takes 4.41 kW.h of energy to split the Hydrogen and Oxygen by breaking the molecular bond energy, it doesn't make any difference how you split it.  Hess's Law.

You have denied the truth of Hess's Law before, saying it was molecular bond energy, but I showed you that they were exactly the same thing - if they weren't the Laws of Thermodynamics wouldn't add up.

So even if no energy is lost in generating the RF, and no energy is lost in burning the Hydrogen, the amount of energy produced would be net zero.  And when energy IS lost (2nd Law), the whole thing becomes an energy sink.

It is not an erroneous statement, and your censorship is just an indication you cannot bear to be corrected.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 05:23:08 PM by Surly1 »
"The State is a body of armed men."

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Energy from NaCl
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 07:23:26 PM »
AG: DON'T try to split hairs and claim the energy source is actually hydrogen from the water in the sea water. Yes, the hydrogen is the end product, but an integral part of the process is sea water.

If you do not apologize for your erroneous statement (Palloy: NaCL will never be an energy source), I will delete your post.

Splitting water by RF energy is no different energywise from splitting it via electrolysis.  The presence of NaCl is necessary to provide charged ions that carry the electrons around the part of the circuit between the electrodes.  ANY ionic salt, like KOH, would do. It has nothing to do with seawater.  Every litre of water takes 4.41 kW.h of energy to split the Hydrogen and Oxygen by breaking the molecular bond energy, it doesn't make any difference how you split it.  Hess's Law.

You have denied the truth of Hess's Law before, saying it was molecular bond energy, but I showed you that they were exactly the same thing - if they weren't the Laws of Thermodynamics wouldn't add up.

So even if no energy is lost in generating the RF, and no energy is lost in burning the Hydrogen, the amount of energy produced would be net zero.  And when energy IS lost (2nd Law), the whole thing becomes an energy sink.

It is not an erroneous statement, and your censorship is just an indication you cannot bear to be corrected.

Duly noted. I didn't read the article. Thermodynamics is not my long suit either, but I get what you're saying.

I was lost at RF energy, which I am now reminded is low frequency radiation like radio, radar, and microwaves. Which has to generated by some solid state electronic device? Yes? Using electric power, I assume.

And RF energy has the possible capability of remotely cooking tissue inside your body. Theoretically. The main use for RF energy is for the latest generation of kitchen ovens. ovens, I read. And microwave ovens.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 05:23:56 PM by Surly1 »
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Palloy2

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Palloy's Blog
Re: Energy from NaCl
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 07:58:04 PM »
Yes, it was strange the article didn't reveal at what frequency the RF energy is produced it's probably in the microwave band.  This would be ground-breaking physics if it was true, but you don't need to look it up - the electrical energy to create the RF waves would make the whole thing an energy sink.

That's the difference between Science and Faith-based technologies (God did it).  With Science you can use things (Laws etc.) to build new ideas and discover new Laws, and test them and show they are also true.  With Faith-based technology, everyone will still be arguing about whether the first thing is true or not in a hundred years' time.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 05:24:10 PM by Surly1 »
"The State is a body of armed men."