AuthorTopic: Rock of Ages or Age of Rocks?  (Read 29728 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Rock of Ages or Age of Rocks?
« Reply #150 on: January 03, 2013, 04:20:20 PM »

"I might have passed the diner by, if when i first dropped in, the focus was on pointing out the fallacies in a one man fundie religion."

Watson gets a lot of response to the Fundie threads because just about everyone who has lived in the FSofA for the last 50 years has been subject to the same endless Bible Thumping and the same "I'm right and everybody else is wrong about God" attitude.  He provides all those the opportunity to vent their years of frustration listening to this stuff pushed by the Sunday Morning Televangelists and Political Hacks like Christine Bachhmann.  As to why he does it here, that is easy, its the same reason I go on TBP.  I like to argue.  :icon_mrgreen:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

nobody

« Reply #151 on: January 03, 2013, 04:23:20 PM »
sorry!!!!
Snowleopard, not Luciddreams said this about passing the joint by

--after looking through the window to see dishes, bus tubs, forks and urine flying around.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 03, 2013, 05:04:47 PM »
sorry!!!!

--after looking through the window to see dishes, bus tubs, forks and urine flying around.

Barfight! :icon_mrgreen:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline reanteben

• Global Moderator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 03, 2013, 05:19:41 PM »
Reanteben

You said you achieved great results with anatabine.  Can you be more specific?  For example, is your nutsack becoming less wrinkled or wrinkling at a slower pace?  BTW, either is a nice result. Nothing would be better than my body dying at 80, but my nutsack living to 900.   Maybe in 500 years they can reconstitute the Little Stucky’s in said nutsack back into a full blown human.

sure, stuck, but i should've said result in the singular.

i started taking it about 9mos after i went over the handlebars on my bike and was still having the same amount of discomfort (moderate) somewhere deep inside my left shoulder, when moving my arm in a certain way above my head (as in, doing a finger-roll basketball layup), as i was having immediately after the injury. never having had a shoulder injury before but figured it was maybe a labrum tear that i kept aggravating. in three weeks the pain was gone, without having changed my approach to caring for my shoulder. took it for a few months religiously until my bro ran out of the free samples he got from when he went to the company meet and greet in virginia. he still takes it two years later.

people have reported it helping with a broad spectrum of ailments, from allergies to mood improvements to nagging sports and overuse-related injuries to MS to severe crohn's in a few cases. there are no side effects to speak of, from what i understand, other than a bit of a buzz if taken in doses 5 or 6 times higher than the suggestion on the pack, but which apparently a number of the scientists at star scientific, and other higher-ups there, swear by, but that type of dose would run several hundred bucks a month. there's plenty of jibber jabber about it on forums if you care to look, and a free seven-day trial, although my understanding is that you really need to give it a good month, and don't be bashful with the dosage if you've got something chronic that's worse than mild. if you got plenty spare dough and some ailments that you find anecdotal evidence for -- ailments that you think might hinder you during collapse -- i dunno, maybe check it out.   

sorry, ash, for saying you hit rock bottom. it's not for me to decide whether or not you have further to fall.  ;D  try anatabloc! 

Offline Stucky1

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 03, 2013, 05:24:01 PM »
Reanteben

Thanks much for the added info.  I'm not really that worried about Mr. Nutsack ... but I WILL do further research for my mom's sake. Thanks, again.

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 03, 2013, 05:31:40 PM »
I like some of these suggestions on post count categories, the ones on eating like starting with nibbling are  bit better than the ones on working, but both good. The problem is If RE keeps a single category for himself then it becomes what stucky complained in the first place, it may as well say man with small gun unless everyone gets their own category. At nearly 500 myself, I deserve cant do up pants, or at least loosens belt LOL

ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline Snowleopard

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 03, 2013, 06:24:00 PM »
Snowleopard,  I like this one a lot:
"Or by diner patronage:  Unknown, Seldom Seen, Drops In, Regular, Reserved seat"

Thanks.  If it's going to be changed, something diner related, that doesn't turn off newbies might be best.

For some reason, I'm wanting all you guys to stop whacking Ash.  Maybe because he's asking for it.  I don't think anyone will disagree that it's getting old.  And what do new-comers think when they see this sort of gang-bang going on??

:emthup:
I've refrained (mostly) from engaging Ashvin, despite having several Bibles, a fair memory of the contents, and an interest in man's actual history.  As some have said, "Energy follows attention.";   so, is this where we want our attention?  Could we spend our energy more wisely?   

I might have passed the diner by, if when i first dropped in, the focus was on pointing out the fallacies in a one man fundie religion.

sorry!!!!

It does change a bit in retelling!    ;)

No problem here.  It was your question that got me to look at it from the outside.
"A man sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest." -  Simon and Garfunkel

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 03, 2013, 06:32:50 PM »
I like some of these suggestions on post count categories, the ones on eating like starting with nibbling are  bit better than the ones on working, but both good. The problem is If RE keeps a single category for himself then it becomes what stucky complained in the first place, it may as well say man with small gun unless everyone gets their own category. At nearly 500 myself, I deserve cant do up pants, or at least loosens belt LOL

I don't reserve any category for myself, I just write more than everybody else, so I always am on top in the counting categories.

You can only have 5, I tried to add more levels, no go.

RE

Save As Many As You Can

Offline reanteben

• Global Moderator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 03, 2013, 06:40:25 PM »
Reanteben

Thanks much for the added info.  I'm not really that worried about Mr. Nutsack ... but I WILL do further research for my mom's sake. Thanks, again.

yeah no prob.

Offline Stucky1

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 03, 2013, 08:39:53 PM »
I'm thinking of starting a thread --- Stucky's Random Thoughts --- or some crap like that.  The purpose being to make 500+ posts a day.  Random one liners.  Or, simply "Blow me" -- Jim Quinn's favorite phrase. lol  I'll be above 3,000 posts within a week.

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #160 on: January 03, 2013, 08:55:21 PM »
I'm thinking of starting a thread --- Stucky's Random Thoughts --- or some crap like that.  The purpose being to make 500+ posts a day.  Random one liners.  Or, simply "Blow me" -- Jim Quinn's favorite phrase. lol  I'll be above 3,000 posts within a week.

not a bad idea...although it's sorta depraved don't you think.

Ever seen this episode of southpark?

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s10e08-make-love-not-warcraft

however, if you just want to see Southpark's version of Asvin...just check out this clip

Inside the World of Warcraft

who is that guy?  It's Our Lord and Savior Ashvin dispensing the Wrath of his loving wrathful God :eusa_clap:

Good for you Ashvin...you won

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 03, 2013, 09:00:54 PM »

Sorry no Stuck, F-Bomb already tried that.  LOL.  That is spamming.  Redundant posts saying "Blow Me" I will simply Delete except for the Original Blow Job.  Random One Liners I will paste into a single post called "Stucky's One Liners", then I will delete the original post.

I am working with Forum software for a reason Stuck.  I've been Managing Forums since Dinosaurs Surfed the Net on AOL.  I have switches galore and bazillion ways to keep Jackasses from fucking with me.  You try to fuck with me, you will REGRET THE DAY YOU WERE EVER BORN (as a Diner).  Since you are not a Jackass, I am sure you will heed the warning.

Admin.  POWER OF GOD ON A FORUM. :icon_mrgreen:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #162 on: January 04, 2013, 06:39:09 AM »
Reanteben

You said you achieved great results with anatabine.  Can you be more specific?  For example, is your nutsack becoming less wrinkled or wrinkling at a slower pace?  BTW, either is a nice result. Nothing would be better than my body dying at 80, but my nutsack living to 900.   Maybe in 500 years they can reconstitute the Little Stucky’s in said nutsack back into a full blown human.

Jesus, Stuck, I just blew coffee out of my nose!!!

Surly1

Thanks! I believe “Fuckity-fuck-fuck-fuck!" was coined by Hope@ZeroKelvin on TBP. At least that’s where I first read it several years ago.

You know, you are probably right. Your memory probably better than mine, and you now have the anatabine-assisted benefit of a nutsack smooth as a baby's ass.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Stucky1

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 04, 2013, 07:40:39 AM »
RE

I was just kidding about the 500 post thingee.  I would never ever "fuck with you" ... not here, not on your website. On TBP, on the other hand ......

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 06, 2013, 08:35:52 PM »
No weekly worship serices?  No Fellowship group?

I worship whenever I get the chance, but not as a part of a group yet. I've visited quiet a few churches in my area, but it's difficult to find one that isn't steeped in Western culture or isn't afraid to deal with tough theological issues. For now, I'm perfectly happy worshiping the way I worship.

Quote from: Mt6
5“And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

A couple days ago, I met with a E. Orthodox Bishop in the state of Kerrala and we worshipped together. And despite our language difficulties, and our differing traditions, we managed to discuss some very interesting theology of the Bible. People here are truly tolerant, respectful and understanding, while remaining critical and evangelistic. When you talk, they listen, and vice versa... no interruptions or outbursts.

It made me realize how much we choose to limit ourselves intellectually, to imprison ourselves in boxes and booby-trap them so we can't get out. So many people here have bought into blindly believing that evangelical Christianity is unreasonable, totalitarian, intolerant, sexist propaganda... so much so that questioning this cultural dogma leads to a knee-jerk burning at the stake. If these DD threads were made into a movie, we'd be watching Cube 4 superhypercube.

As for why I am "still here" (you guys realize it only takes a few computer clicks to visit DD forum?), I know there are still people who appreciate my comments and learn from them. Even one like GO is enough to make it worthwhile. But monsta was the one who messaged me and asked me to get involved in the Flood discussion, so I'm sure he has appreciated some of my comments as well. And, every once in awhile, we are all edified by Ka's reasonable and well-rounded comments on these issues.

What's more is that I don't think anyone here can honestly say they haven't learned a few things about historic Christian theology from my comments, quotations and links. I'm confident that a lot of the misguided assertions will not be repeated. RE won't ask how animals in MENA survived the Flood... or how ALL the animals were put on the Ark... Stucky won't try to use the Chicago Statement as support for his claims about what evangelicals believe... subconsciously, I'm pretty sure my arguments make people here less willing to make engage in reckless speculation or promote misconceptions about the Christian faith, for fear they will be made to look like fools in the near future.