AuthorTopic: Rock of Ages or Age of Rocks?  (Read 29744 times)

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Rock of Ages or Age of Rocks?
« Reply #165 on: January 06, 2013, 08:49:43 PM »
GO, there you go, print that off and frame it. Lest you ever try telling us Ashvin is "fighting back".

Count the put downs and declarations of superiority and victory. Its like a guess the number of m&m's in the toiletbowl contest.

ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 06, 2013, 09:04:45 PM »
subconsciously, I'm pretty sure my arguments make people here less willing to make engage in reckless speculation or promote misconceptions about the Christian faith, for fear they will be made to look like fools in the near future.

You think very highly of yourself, Ashvin. Nothing wrong with that, necessarily, except for this:

So many people here have bought into blindly believing that evangelical Christianity is unreasonable, totalitarian, intolerant, sexist propaganda... so much so that questioning this cultural dogma leads to a knee-jerk burning at the stake.

Much of evangelical Christianity is. But that's all water over the bridge. Like I said, the Diner has been a kind of Crucible for you, but you are ready to move on. A reformed Hindu? A super smart evangelical that can sound like he knows science? That's GOLD! If I were an evangelical talent scout/agent, I would sign you up and get you out in front of people right now! I can TOTALLY see you on TV one day, in one of those Mega-Churches. RUNNING a Mega-Church. You just need to practice, and posting here doesn't count.

I'm tellin ya, yer headed for the BIG TIME!  :icon_sunny:

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 06, 2013, 09:15:47 PM »
Be fair WHD he has met 1 other christian he got along with in real life, although the guy could not understand what he was saying. Its a start. Ash dont give up finding somewhere you feel is real. Can I suggest the Potters House if they have a local branch.

ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 06, 2013, 09:31:33 PM »
I'm tellin ya, yer headed for the BIG TIME!  :icon_sunny:

No doubt.  Watson is skipping straight over having chats with his local Parish Priest and has headed straight for chatting fundyism with BISHOPS!

A couple days ago, I met with a E. Orthodox Bishop in the state of Kerrala and we worshipped together. And despite our language difficulties, and our differing traditions, we managed to discuss some very interesting theology of the Bible. People here are truly tolerant, respectful and understanding, while remaining critical and evangelistic. When you talk, they listen, and vice versa... no interruptions or outbursts.

Does Ashvin Fundyism and Eastern Orthodox interpretation of the Bible match up here? Maybe they'll make him a BISHOP!

Is it just me, or does it seem odd to any of you that a 20-something Lawyer/Poker Player can traipse around the world with his family and Hob Knob with Eastern Orthodox Bishops?

Oh yea.  Brahmins.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Stucky1

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 07, 2013, 07:47:28 AM »
"Watson is skipping straight over having chats with his local Parish Priest and has headed straight for chatting fundyism with BISHOPS!" -------RE

This is the one thing I “hate” about Lord God Ashvin.  He’s been a Christian … or, is he … for what? A few months?  And now he’s a World Renowned expert?

It is a phenomena I have witnessed in Christianity, like, forever. I suppose it comes with the territory.  When the All-Powerful All-Knowing Creator of the Known and Unknown Universe speaks directly to you (via The Word and prayer), well, that’s a heady feeling being an Ultimate Insider. “Do you have that kind of access? No? OK, STFU cuz I do!”