AuthorTopic: Welcome to the Wild Wild West  (Read 445 times)

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Welcome to the Wild Wild West
« on: July 06, 2018, 06:49:26 AM »
So this mom fires a warning shot to the head of a carjacker.

DALLAS MOM SHOOTS CARJACKER WHO TOOK HER SUV WITH KIDS INSIDE

BY CHRISTINA ZHAO ON 7/6/18 AT 3:27 AM

A North Texas woman shot a suspected car thief earlier this week after he attempted to drive off in her SUV while her two children were still in the back seat of the vehicle.

At around 10 p.m. on Wednesday, Michelle Booker-Hicks pulled into a Shell gas station and left her two kids, aged 2 and 4, in her car while she went into the store to pay, reported USA Today. While inside, a man, who was later identified as 36-year-old Rickey Wright, entered her SUV and attempted to drive away with it.

Booker-Hicks noticed what was happening and quickly entered the backseat of her car and told Wright to stop. After he refused, she pulled out a gun from the glove box and shot him in the head.

rickey-wright-12-12-81-2014-mugshot
Rickey Wright is in hospital after a Texas woman shot him as he tried to steal her SUV with her two children inside.

http://www.newsweek.com/dallas-mom-shoots-carjacker-who-took-her-suv-kids-inside-1010729

The moms's hyphenated name (Booker-Hicks) made me wonder.....so I checked. Journalists studiously avoid telling us the race of of black people who shoot other black people. (Have you noticed that?)

Because mentioning that would automatically be racist. Right?

Looks like the shooter and the shootee were both persons of color. No that that means anything, of course.

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the Wild Wild West
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 07:06:35 AM »

I think that I've read that most black crime is actually perpetrated against blacks. Or is it violent crime? At any rate I'm very glad she did it. I hope he dies. But how did she get to the glove compartment from the back seat?

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 07:48:37 AM »
Folks are spun a little tight these days.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 08:07:38 AM »
That wasn't clear to me. I wondered.

Moms of any ethnicity are apt to be pretty bad-ass when they're worried about their kids. The shit-bag she shot got what he was begging for, in my view.

I think black-on-black violence and crime is high, but it isn't AS high relative to other kinds of crime and violence as some of those on the right would like to say it is. The graphic below is from the Daily Kos blog, fwiw.

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 08:30:22 AM »
That wasn't clear to me. I wondered.

Moms of any ethnicity are apt to be pretty bad-ass when they're worried about their kids. The shit-bag she shot got what he was begging for, in my view.

I think black-on-black violence and crime is high, but it isn't AS high relative to other kinds of crime and violence as some of those on the right would like to say it is. The graphic below is from the Daily Kos blog, fwiw.

Whatever it is, there is terrific wrong doing to children ongoing everywhere. Very few really invest in children at all. In my view, since it's more important for women to become a Gina Haspel or a macho trophy hunter, we have a dying civilization. No doubt the worthless scum would have either murdered the children if he thought he could not extort money for them or left them on the side of the road to be violated. Tell me now, do any black males invest in their children?

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 09:53:50 AM »
Yes. As someone who knows a lot of black families because of my job, I can tell you that there are plenty of working class and middle class black families with two parents and a strong sense of family values.  You don't hear about them, but they do exist.

I do however,believe the social welfare system has done damage to the family unit, and that black family cohesion is a problem, especially in urban ghettoes.

I'm not sure that's the whole story on it though. Slavery was pretty damn hard on the black family unit too. But there are plenty of good black families where I live. 

But even among blacks with functional family units I think the culture that has evolved since the days of Civil Rights (having to do with social welfare benefits and minority status)  helps perpetuate a certain sense of entitlement, even among blacks who grow up in better family situations. I see it every day. I'm not making it up.

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 10:14:01 AM »
Yes. As someone who knows a lot of black families because of my job, I can tell you that there are plenty of working class and middle class black families with two parents and a strong sense of family values.  You don't hear about them, but they do exist.

I do however,believe the social welfare system has done damage to the family unit, and that black family cohesion is a problem, especially in urban ghettoes.

I'm not sure that's the whole story on it though. Slavery was pretty damn hard on the black family unit too. But there are plenty of good black families where I live. 

But even among blacks with functional family units I think the culture that has evolved since the days of Civil Rights (having to do with social welfare benefits and minority status)  helps perpetuate a certain sense of entitlement, even among blacks who grow up in better family situations. I see it every day. I'm not making it up.
               I am glad to hear that because I thought that the good industrial jobs supported black families and helped them be stable. And also the churches to which they belonged. There used to be many many wonderful black families with excellent values. What the hell happened exactly? The civil rights movement was supposed to have helped, but apparently it didn't. I think it's more than long ago slavery. My southern mother played with neighboring sharecropper kids. I wasn't brought up to hate black people at all. But by the time I had my own children in school in Washington DC, it was much too dangerous to have them be in public school beyond sixth grade in the neighborhood school. It was either move or private school.

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2018, 01:21:10 PM »
I have a good friend about your age who was a teacher who taught in inner city schools in Paterson NJ (until he retired at age 76). He's told me a whole lot of interesting stories about his experiences. I can understand why you sent your kids to private schools.

Here, the public schools are mostly great, and security is not an issue, other than from nut jobs shooting people.

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2018, 02:12:04 PM »
I have a good friend about your age who was a teacher who taught in inner city schools in Paterson NJ (until he retired at age 76). He's told me a whole lot of interesting stories about his experiences. I can understand why you sent your kids to private schools.

Here, the public schools are mostly great, and security is not an issue, other than from nut jobs shooting people.
  Reading the history of Paterson NJ is quite interesting. And very sad. It has always been a huge melting pot of numbers of immigrants and ethnicities who came and are still coming. It offered many jobs in its factories before they were sent away. It would have been too good to be true that so many cultures could have lived in such density in such close quarters without conflict. I think the greatest tragedy for our country has been allowing those factories producing good and plentiful products and jobs to leave the country. You can see that they are never coming back. My father would never have done that nor I. I am truly filled with hate for the sons of bitches owners who just had to have even cheaper labor and more profits. Paterson, btw was one of the foremost places that organized and fought against child labor. Cry the Beloved Country. Tear your hair and weep!

Offline Agent Graves

• Rookie
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2018, 04:55:51 PM »
           Whatever it is, there is terrific wrong doing to children ongoing everywhere. Very few really invest in children at all. In my view, since it's more important for women to become a Gina Haspel or a macho trophy hunter, we have a dying civilization. No doubt the worthless scum would have either murdered the children if he thought he could not extort money for them or left them on the side of the road to be violated. Tell me now, do any black males invest in their children?

I believe the ones accused of being deadbeat/disinterested are mostly denied the opportunity.  Ive seen forum comments where black men tell white men blaming jews for their problems, that they are only experiencing what black men have had to endure for over fifty years, including having their women turned against them.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 05:01:31 PM by Agent Graves »
Junior  Operative, FBI Counter-Doomsdaycult Taskforce

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2018, 01:20:17 PM »

I believe the ones accused of being deadbeat/disinterested are mostly denied the opportunity.  Ive seen forum comments where black men tell white men blaming jews for their problems, that they are only experiencing what black men have had to endure for over fifty years, including having their women turned against them.

You seem reluctant to honestly answer questions put to you but I will try again. How are they denied the opportunity?  By not marrying the mothers of their children and accepting legal responsibility for supporting and educating them?  Do tell!  What is it specifically about fifty years? How were their women turned against them?  And white men are blaming Jews for much much longer than fifty years, believe you me!