AuthorTopic: A Cryptocurrency Millionaire Wants to Build a Utopia in Nevada  (Read 69 times)

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
A Cryptocurrency Millionaire Wants to Build a Utopia in Nevada
« on: November 03, 2018, 05:15:30 PM »

By Nathaniel Popper

Nov. 1, 2018

STOREY COUNTY, Nev. ó An enormous plot of land in the Nevada desert ó bigger than nearby Reno ó has been the subject of local intrigue since a company with no history, Blockchains L.L.C., bought it for $170 million in cash this year.

The man who owns the company, a lawyer and cryptocurrency millionaire named Jeffrey Berns, put on a helmet and climbed into a Polaris off-road vehicle last week to give a tour of the sprawling property and dispel a bit of the mystery.

He imagines a sort of experimental community spread over about a hundred square miles, where houses, schools, commercial districts and production studios will be built. The centerpiece of this giant project will be the blockchain, a new kind of database that was introduced by Bitcoin.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/01/technology/nevada-bitcoin-blockchain-society.html
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: A Cryptocurrency Millionaire Wants to Build a Utopia in Nevada
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 05:25:42 PM »
Blockchain LLC should have found some property with water....LOL. 

The price was no doubt good. But whoever sold it got the better end of that deal though, probably.

I once sorta knew a lawyer who specialized in creating LLC's. He said it was a business device used by smart guys who call themselves General Partners.....to screw their  Limited Partner investors..
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 05:30:03 PM »
Blockchain LLC should have found some property with water....LOL. 

The price was no doubt good. But whoever sold it got the better end of that deal though, probably.

I once sorta knew a lawyer who specialized in creating LLC's. He said it was a business device used by smart guys who call themselves General Partners.....to screw their  Limited Partner investors..

I know all about LLC's & the Great State of Nevada. Spot on amigo !  :icon_mrgreen:

Crooked as a burro path up to the glory hole.
Now their pullin' this manure wagon in cyber space. When will they ever learn. Watch 'em burn  :evil4:
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 05:57:23 PM »
100 square miles along the Yukon River would have been a better choice.

NORTH TO ALASKA!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JSt0NEESrUA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JSt0NEESrUA</a>

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 05:58:15 PM »
Hell, yeah. For the summer place.

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 05:59:49 PM »
I knew I'd like Alaska, but the missus had expressed skepticism before we came up. But she was won over. I am very glad we got up there.

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2018, 06:09:32 PM »
Hell, yeah. For the summer place.

It's not really so bad in the winter, if you live near the coast.  The water keeps the temps from getting too cold.  Not as cold as North Dakota or Minnesota for instance.  Stay away from Fairbanks though.  ::) The Skiing is GREAT also, and Snow Machining too as long as the gas holds out.  After that, back to the Dog Sleds!

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN