AuthorTopic: The Devils Work  (Read 257 times)

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
The Devils Work
« on: July 12, 2018, 04:35:37 PM »
    OK, this is where I came in, but didn't know it. In fact, didn't know anything really about how such groups work. Should have known much much more. I confess was out to lunch and stupidly trusting as I had been programmed to be. Probably always. My whole life. We can always always say in life that I should have known better, right? Right. OK. Better late than never. Now I know. For sure. Just as I left the United States for all its bad behavior that I could no longer tolerate, both on the part of elites and among the people around me, I now must recognize that I must leave another part of my past filled with obscene corruption, offensive hypocrisy, bullying, threats of physical harm, possibly rape, slander, lies and collusion. The list goes on.  So now I know. Similar to Gautama outside the gates. But he was still a child. And able to be in denial until after the third try. We know Evil exists. It demands we deal with it, not deny it. Another name for Evil is The Devil or The Devil and his minions. To paraphrase Shakespeare, "To collude for expediency or not, that is the question". Because The Devil resides everywhere and only unification with God can provide safety and security. In God I now trust to Illumine the way. And only God.

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: The Devils Work
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 04:41:54 PM »
    OK, this is where I came in, but didn't know it. In fact, didn't know anything really about how such groups work. Should have known much much more. I confess was out to lunch and stupidly trusting as I had been programmed to be. Probably always. My whole life. We can always always say in life that I should have known better, right? Right. OK. Better late than never. Now I know. For sure. Just as I left the United States for all its bad behavior that I could no longer tolerate, both on the part of elites and among the people around me, I now must recognize that I must leave another part of my past filled with obscene corruption, offensive hypocrisy, bullying, threats of physical harm, possibly rape, slander, lies and collusion. The list goes on.  So now I know. Similar to Gautama outside the gates. But he was still a child. And able to be in denial until after the third try. We know Evil exists. It demands we deal with it, not deny it. Another name for Evil is The Devil or The Devil and his minions. To paraphrase Shakespeare, "To collude for expediency or not, that is the question". Because The Devil resides everywhere and only unification with God can provide safety and security. In God I now trust to Illumine the way. And only God.

I appreciate your passion and sincerity of expression, but don't really understand what you mean. Care to expand on this?
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 05:36:08 PM »
I donít think you left the United States because you thought it an evil place.  Thinking is one thing because it is free to do, but to actually move to another country there had to be something else in it to make such a move worthwhile.  Such as living better.  A sane person would not be so capricious and an insane one would not be so focused.  I am assuming you are in Israel until you say different based on your anti-semetic fun of yesterday.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 05:38:29 PM by K-Dog »
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 06:13:18 PM »

I appreciate your passion and sincerity of expression, but don't really understand what you mean. Care to expand on this?

Why certainly. When I asked them who?  Who do you mean, of whom are you speaking? Why your Dusmani , they said. My What?  Your Dusmani! Everybody has Dusmani. Oh? What is that?  Enimies. They are your enimies! You thought they were your friends?  Oh no. You were deceived. They are your enimies.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 06:16:34 PM »
I donít think you left the United States because you thought it an evil place.  Thinking is one thing because it is free to do, but to actually move to another country there had to be something else in it to make such a move worthwhile.  Such as living better.  A sane person would not be so capricious and an insane one would not be so focused.  I am assuming you are in Israel until you say different based on your anti-semetic fun of yesterday.

I suspect more likely Romania or Hungary.  She has roots there.  I suspect the reason she left was she was living on a meager SS check in an SRO in Portland and she can live a lot better for the same Amerikan Dollars there than here.  Too Principled to live in the Heart of Darkness but not too principled to take a SS check to live on from the Evil Empire.  ::)

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 08:56:48 PM »

I suspect more likely Romania or Hungary.  She has roots there.  I suspect the reason she left was she was living on a meager SS check in an SRO in Portland and she can live a lot better for the same Amerikan Dollars there than here.  Too Principled to live in the Heart of Darkness but not too principled to take a SS check to live on from the Evil Empire.  ::)

RE

That is a story that makes sense if she is who she says she is.  Smart actually if the mailbox money goes further.  That's quite a bit different than a hokey claim you expatriated because drones were being dropped on wedding parties or whatever as she claims.  Lots more honest; and if she looks out her window and sees Hungarian sunsets why does she not talk about them?  There is no good reason for her not to say where she is if she is real.

Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 03:22:28 AM »

RE

My bet is Hungary.

I wonder what will happen when the Trump regime starts to mess wth SS benefits, whether they will turn off checks to emigres. It's a matter of some concern to those of us considering moving to less fascist climes.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 07:26:24 AM »

RE

My bet is Hungary.

I wonder what will happen when the Trump regime starts to mess wth SS benefits, whether they will turn off checks to emigres. It's a matter of some concern to those of us considering moving to less fascist climes.

My trackers chasingthesquirrel.com showed I had a visitor from Budapest yesterday.  From which I can conclude that I had a visitor from Budapest yesterday.

SS bennies denied for emigres.  No way, that is a Republican base I'll guess.  Only people with an above average net worth can emigre so their gravy train will be maintained.

Trump regime starts to mess wth SS benefits

They will squeek and fidget about eligibility to try and cultivate the meme that some people are getting something for nothing.  Rich people always like to do that.  They take a special glee in it actually,  but when it comes to really cutting benefits, SS is self-funding and the first time Republicans try to cut SS they are going to find that slashing SS payouts feels like they have put their hand on a red hot stove.  The base that elected Trump all have SS accounts, that is all they have mostly.  SS is their 401 K.  Bingo and BBQ will be their exotic foray into foreign lands if it is not already.  Hell would pay if you tried to take that away.

They may be clever and have inflation absorb it.  That is possible.  Having huge reserves the most affluent could easily tolerate a money policy intended to wipe JSP out.  A jubilee which leaves them with everything.

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 08:20:06 AM »
I can tell you that from my perspective, it looks like the first thing is that they're jacking up "premiums" for our free socialized medicine for seniors.

I think I mentioned that the missus is looking at $428/month to cover her Medicare. This is due to our level of income being above some threshold. I can't remember exactly, but it wasn't THAT high, maybe 200K/yer to put you in a position of basically funding your own retirement health care.

I'd say that's a good reason to move somewhere with better socialized health care, or at least cheaper. So...there might be reasons to go ex-pat that you have not fully considered.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 11:55:17 AM »
Update. The missus sat down with some "advisor" today, and the upshot is her Medicare premium will actually be around $600/month. Down from the current $750 we pay for her regular private health insurance now.

Some deal.

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2018, 02:27:11 PM »

RE

My bet is Hungary.

My trackers chasingthesquirrel.com showed I had a visitor from Budapest yesterday.  From which I can conclude that I had a visitor from Budapest yesterday.

SS bennies denied for emigres.  No way, that is a Republican base I'll guess.  Only people with an above average net worth can emigre so their gravy train will be maintained.

Trump regime starts to mess wth SS benefits

They will squeek and fidget about eligibility to try and cultivate the meme that some people are getting something for nothing.  Rich people always like to do that.  They take a special glee in it actually,  but when it comes to really cutting benefits, SS is self-funding and the first time Republicans try to cut SS they are going to find that slashing SS payouts feels like they have put their hand on a red hot stove.  The base that elected Trump all have SS accounts, that is all they have mostly.  SS is their 401 K.  Bingo and BBQ will be their exotic foray into foreign lands if it is not already.  Hell would pay if you tried to take that away.

They may be clever and have inflation absorb it.  That is possible.  Having huge reserves the most affluent could easily tolerate a money policy intended to wipe JSP out.  A jubilee which leaves them with everything.

My own thought has been that they would try to foment intergenerational warfare, the way Jimbo Quinn liked to do on The Burning Shitpot, blaming the selfish boomers for spending like grasshoppers and stealing from the future generations (all the while denying that he is a boomer himself). Excesses of income distribution have gotten so bad that even Trump's ignorant base might not buy that.

Offline Agent Graves

• Rookie
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2018, 03:31:17 PM »

RE

She mentioned also having a capitalist business and animals. If those are livestock, it means living somewhat rough dealing with dung, but at least some way toward being self sufficent. I would bet she has close community instead of neighbors whose names she doesn't know, productive and not just decorative gardens, and paid for property without ever increasing taxes.  Another reason for recamping could be to be on the winning or at least neutral side in the war (with whatever is left). 

« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 05:15:05 PM by Agent Graves »
Junior  Operative, FBI Counter-Doomsdaycult Taskforce

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2018, 04:33:06 PM »
I have a correction. What I said about my wife's coming Medicare premiums was correct for this year and the next few, but the premiums do go way down when she quits working. I missed that part the first time it was explained to me.

She is still working full time, and hopefully can work until I quit. That's my plan. Not sure it's hers, but I know it'd be nearly impossible to replace her.

She said her new Medicare advisor said it would be $130 after she retires from the office.. At least that's what's promised now.