AuthorTopic: Free hydroponics lecture webcast TODAY (7th) from University of Arizona CEAC  (Read 4139 times)

Offline travelling_without_moving

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
Really appreciate what y'all doing, so thought I'd contribute this back:

University of Arizona Controlled Environment Agriculture Center
Monday January 7th free lectures from the 2013 Hydroponic Greenhouse Crop Production Intensive Courses are scheduled for live webcasting.
**All times are Mountain Standard time.

Dr Patricia (Pat) Rorabaugh and Myles Lewis 1:00 2:30 pm [Mountain Standard time] **
Environmental Control Requirements for Greenhouse Tomato and Lettuce Production

and

Dr. Merle Jensen 7:00 8:00 pm [Mountain Standard time]**
Hydroponic Growing Systems and the Crops they support: Today and Tomorrow

Visit this link: http://cals.arizona.edu/ecat/webcasts/ceac at the times indicated above, and please join the presentation.

Send an email to ceac@ag.arizona.edu with your questions during the presentations, and we will respond during the Q&A period

Gene Giacomelli,
Director UA-CEAC
Live from CEAC - Free Hydroponic Crop Educational Lectures!
cals.arizona.edu

Hope it's helpful to someone!

travelling_without_moving

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Really appreciate what y'all doing, so thought I'd contribute this back:

Thanks TWM!

When did you join up?  I don't remember seeing your handle recently in new members.  You been Lurking for a while here I guess?

RE
Save As Many As You Can

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
Hi RE,

Yeah, been a member for a while, and LURKing Longer... Started of at TAE and Zero Hedge, but I think there's a bit more meat here recently...

The first couple of sessions really good today, but streaming problems frustrated my watching to a significant degree...  :(

Did you get to see them?

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi RE,

Yeah, been a member for a while, and LURKing Longer... Started of at TAE and Zero Hedge, but I think there's a bit more meat here recently...

The first couple of sessions really good today, but streaming problems frustrated my watching to a significant degree...  :(

Did you get to see them?

Yea, TAE and ZH really have gone downhill lately.  ZH is so Commercialized now it is almost unreadable,sepecially on my Tablet.

Missed the lectures.  I have lousy connections for Livestream stuff.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
Oh, okay. I'll try to post something of a summary from the notes I took after the last free session tomorrow.

There were a few interesting photos I took a screenshot of so will try to post those to to boost my wordcount!  :P

twm

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile

There were a few interesting photos I took a screenshot of so will try to post those to to boost my wordcount!  :P

Forget the Word Count, it is Post Count that Counts.  At your current pace, you should make Chef by about 2050 or so.  LOL.

Looking forward to your summary and review.  :icon_mrgreen:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
 ;D RE, Was more thinking picture as a 1000 words..

Haven't really had much time to post previously, but perhaps will be a bit more active following a change in employment status pre-christmas (employed=>self employed...)

I unfortunately didn't go out with the style of http://www.doomsteaddiner.net/blog/author/william-hunter-duncan/ , but I find myself in a similar but different position, around $2k in the bank, debts / rent to pay, but on a market garden farm with a big ass wood pile in the middle of summer, and designs on a tunnel house set up that will only help to pay for anything at first harvest... Hmmmm...