AuthorTopic: Sinead O'Connor Goes Muslim  (Read 252 times)

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Sinead O'Connor Goes Muslim
« on: October 26, 2018, 03:53:29 PM »
In my experience, there is a certain type of person who is particularly susceptible to going off the deep end on religion. In their rush to run away from whatever fucked-up religion they were born into, they tend to rush headlong into some other mumbo-jumbo-claptrap-bullshit that's probably just as fucked-up in its own way as the one they can't wait to get way from.

Like a serial monogamist, but with God instead of boyfriends.

As long as there are these unfortunates, people who want to start cults will have no problems rounding up the walking wounded and turning them into Hare Krishnas or Scientologists or Southern Baptists or Branch Davidians...or whatever.

Poor Sinead strikes me as one of these people. She's spent her whole adult life reacting to her no-doubt hideous Catholic upbringing.

Irish Singer Sinead O'Connor Converts To Islam

Fri, 10/26/2018 - 13:05

Irish singer Sinead O'Connor, who ignited a global controversy in the early 1990s when she ripped up a photo of John Paul II on live television, revealed on Thursday that she has converted to Islam and changed her name to Shuhada. After announcing her conversion on Twitter, she changed her avatar to a photo of the Nike logo with the slogan "wear a hijab. Just do it."

Shuhada’ Davitt
@MagdaDavitt77
 This is to announce that I am proud to have become a Muslim. This is the natural conclusion of any intelligent theologian’s journey. All scripture study leads to Islam. Which makes all other scriptures redundant. I will be given (another) new name. It will be Shuhada’

12:42 PM - Oct 19, 2018
8,260 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
After changing her name to Magda Davitt last year, the 51-year-old singer said she has changed her name again to Shuhada Davitt. She also changed her residence on Twitter to "Direland" - an obvious play on "Ireland."

Sinead

A video of the singer proclaiming the Shahada was posted to Twitter by an Ireland-based Imam.

Shaykh Dr Umar Al-Qadri
@DrUmarAlQadri
 World renowned singer Shuhada Davitt @MagdaDavitt77 (#SineadOConnor) has proclaimed the #Shahadah with me in #Ireland.  She is so happy ! Masha Allah !#Ireland #Islam #SineadOConnorEmbracesIslam @SineadOconnorHQ

3:04 PM - Oct 25, 2018
2,461 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
After being forced to apologize for ripping up the photo of JPII, O'Connor continued her fight against the Catholic Church, eventually becoming ordained as a priest by a breakaway church based in Lourdes. The Catholic Church famously doesn't allow women to become priests. According to the AFP, O'Connor said back in 2014 that, while she was still ordained, she had moved away from priesthood because "I'm not interested in causing more trouble than I already am."

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-26/irish-singer-sinead-oconnor-converts-islam

A new name and a new religion. Too bad she can't reboot her entire life. I wonder if she knows Cat Stevens Yusuf Islam
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Sinead O'Connor Goes Muslim
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 04:21:17 PM »
We should devout a thread to this type of deep end behavior.

Perhaps, "The Kool-Aid" Thread BAHAHAHAHAHAH :icon_mrgreen:

ATTA'girl Sinead  :emthup:
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 04:45:33 PM »
We should devout a thread to this type of deep end behavior.

Perhaps, "The Kool-Aid" Thread BAHAHAHAHAHAH :icon_mrgreen:

ATTA'girl Sinead  :emthup:

We should devote a thread to the devout.

I'm not a hater on religion. But some people are unstable unless they can hold on to it real tight...or maybe some people are just unstable and unstable people look for some kind of trusted authority they badly need.

I've just known a few people who were like that.

I mean, I hope the artist formerly known as Sinead O'Connor finds fulfillment in her spiritual journey. I just worry about that kind of conversion. It has the look of a rebound relationship. 

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 04:47:59 PM »

Hijab Barbie

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 06:14:34 PM »
5X's a day facing Allah, cuts into a girl's session time you know  :icon_mrgreen:
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline moniker

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2018, 08:05:21 PM »
S[k]in[h]ead O'Conner, lol.