AuthorTopic: WHEN THE END OF HUMAN CIVILIZATION IS YOUR DAY JOB  (Read 1983 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Summary - The End Is Closer Than It Appears
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2019, 11:43:30 AM »
Then you should be criticizing Surly's posts of doom extremism as much as I am. Do you get the difference between predicting the end of industrial civilization within the next 50 years and predicting the end of time in which humans and most other life forms could inhabit this planet within the next 5-10? I know you do. They are worlds apart and they have vastly different implications for how people should go about facing reality.

Of course I "get" the difference.  I'm not stupid you know.  Insinuating that I am stupid is a Violation of the CoC.  But you do clean up that error by then saying you know I do get the difference.  ::)  You never should have written that and then negated what you just wrote.  Puts the incorrect thought into the mind of the reader.  That is the nature of Bernays style propaganda.

I do not have to criticize Surly, or Knarf, or AJ or any other Diner for their opinions that Extinction is imminent.  I do however quite often reply to their posts on these topics to reinforce that an extinction level event for Homo Sap on such a short timescale is highly unlikely.  In fact that is an ongoing theme in many of my blogs where I excoriate Dr. McStinksion for his outrageously short timelines, down at one point to 2020!  He's backed off from that now though. lol.

Try to be more accurate about how you reply to my posting, and don't try Bernays-ing me.  It doesn't sit well with me.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2019, 05:50:26 PM »
Then you should be criticizing Surly's posts of doom extremism as much as I am. Do you get the difference between predicting the end of industrial civilization within the next 50 years and predicting the end of time in which humans and most other life forms could inhabit this planet within the next 5-10? I know you do. They are worlds apart and they have vastly different implications for how people should go about facing reality.

Of course I "get" the difference.  I'm not stupid you know.  Insinuating that I am stupid is a Violation of the CoC.  But you do clean up that error by then saying you know I do get the difference.  ::)  You never should have written that and then negated what you just wrote.  Puts the incorrect thought into the mind of the reader.  That is the nature of Bernays style propaganda.

I do not have to criticize Surly, or Knarf, or AJ or any other Diner for their opinions that Extinction is imminent.  I do however quite often reply to their posts on these topics to reinforce that an extinction level event for Homo Sap on such a short timescale is highly unlikely.  In fact that is an ongoing theme in many of my blogs where I excoriate Dr. McStinksion for his outrageously short timelines, down at one point to 2020!  He's backed off from that now though. lol.

Try to be more accurate about how you reply to my posting, and don't try Bernays-ing me.  It doesn't sit well with me.

RE

Well then I don't understand why you jumped on me for making the same criticism that you have made on your blogs. Anyway, we can probably agree that the outrageously short timelines for human extinction, professed with high confidence or certainty, is nothing more than reckless speculation and propaganda.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2019, 09:15:07 PM »

RE

Well then I don't understand why you jumped on me for making the same criticism that you have made on your blogs. Anyway, we can probably agree that the outrageously short timelines for human extinction, professed with high confidence or certainty, is nothing more than reckless speculation and propaganda.

Because that is not what you did.  You attributed to me beliefs in NTHE I do not subscribe to.  That is what I jumped on you for.  If you do read my blogs, you should have known that I "get" the difference between the end of Industrial Civiliation and the end of all life on Earth, or even just Homo Sap life.  However you chose instead to paint me as a stupid man who doesn't understand these differentiations, and moreover you don't acknowledge anywhere until now that I am quite clear and specific on this.  I have to be, because I argue with these folks all the time, and some of them are actually reasonably bright people.

You are so desperate to paint me stupid, to paint the Diner as a failure and to pitch your right wing Fundy Christian belief system you persistently dance around the truth, and often enough outright lie.  That's why you end up in the cooler so often.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2019, 08:39:13 AM »

Here's a ten minute summary of doom addressing most of the topics we talk about on this page: "Most people think that climate change is important, but not so really important. But it is. The end of the time in which humans and most other life forms could inhabit this planet is close. Within the next years already the changing climate will lead to the breakdown of food supply and by this to a collapse of society. Most of us will die sooner, some later. And the really bad thing: it is much too late to change anything about it."

"the end is closer than it appears", "the end is close", "within the next years"... the unoriginal mantras of Doomsayers for the last 50 years... and the next hundreds of years to come.

MKing's idiot son has reappeared.

Lost, little fellow? Your trollery won't take you far here.

A Rambo for Jesus.
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2019, 05:26:00 AM »

RE

Because that is not what you did.  You attributed to me beliefs in NTHE I do not subscribe to.  That is what I jumped on you for.  If you do read my blogs, you should have known that I "get" the difference between the end of Industrial Civiliation and the end of all life on Earth, or even just Homo Sap life.  However you chose instead to paint me as a stupid man who doesn't understand these differentiations, and moreover you don't acknowledge anywhere until now that I am quite clear and specific on this.  I have to be, because I argue with these folks all the time, and some of them are actually reasonably bright people.

You are so desperate to paint me stupid, to paint the Diner as a failure and to pitch your right wing Fundy Christian belief system you persistently dance around the truth, and often enough outright lie.  That's why you end up in the cooler so often.

RE

False. I criticized Surly's post of a NTHE video, and you responded with an attack against me. That is the chain of events, so either you are lying now or very forgetful.

I haven't pitched any "right wing" or "Fundy" beliefs in a long time. I have only posted with criticisms of the Far Left, of which are you admittedly a member of. There is a big difference there, one you are blind to.

Also, you should know by now that I don't care about your Cooler threats. In fact, I am voluntarily putting myself in the Cooler now for a month or so. I'll see you when I decide to post another video... or someone interesting shows up on this forum to post.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: WHEN THE END OF HUMAN CIVILIZATION IS YOUR DAY JOB
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2019, 06:55:19 AM »
Quote from: Prince of Victims
In fact, I am voluntarily putting myself in the Cooler now for a month or so. I'll see you when I decide to post another video... or someone interesting shows up on this forum to post.

Allow me to be the first to tell you just how much we will miss you.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
"The Public Is Now Aware That the Elites Are Taking Them To Their Death!"
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2019, 03:02:41 AM »
This interview would have never seen the light of day in the US. they'd have Tucker Carlsoned this segment and have had Hallam's children murdered before letting this see the light of day.

"The Public Is Now Aware That the Elites Are Taking Them To Their Death!"
Roger Hallam BBC interview—like the infamous Newsroom scene with Toby, but IRL.

Excerpt:

UK Corporopresenter: So on the science there's no disagreement but are you saying that groups like Greenpeace and many many others have fundamentally failed in their mission to convince the world that things need to change?

Roger Hallam: Yes.  We fundamentally failed. I mean I failed, other activists have failed, campaigners have failed, we've all failed. The fact of
the matter is were facing mass starvation in the next 10 years,  social collapse and the possible extinction of the human race. It couldn't be worse. So that situation has come about over 30 years of failure failure by the elites, failure by the governments, and failure by
campaigners.

UK Corporopresenter Cunt: Your message is entirely about failure, it's about negativity.

Roger Hallam: It is in a way I suppose a howl of rage and despair. That's right it is and you think that is a message that the people of the world and the political leaders of the world are going to respond to yes and the reason why is because when people go through depression and rage they come out and decide to do things- extinction rebellion is the most successful climate change movement in the UK...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NItiaVobDPA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NItiaVobDPA</a>
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound