AuthorTopic: It's not the HEAT. It's the STUPIDITY  (Read 459 times)

Offline cernunnos5

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
It's not the HEAT. It's the STUPIDITY
« on: July 28, 2018, 06:57:03 PM »
I was out having a beer and smoke inspired thought. There is no real subject to talk about other than the weather this year. In my half century plus, I have never experienced anything like this.

My inner smartish guy thought.... "Its not the heat. Its the stupidity".

I was rather impressed with myself for that word play.....

....then I typed it to the search engine and discovered lots of other people had worked out the same word play.

I was immediately reminded of the book of Ecclesiastes. "There is nothing new under the sun. What is thought has been thought before".

It sucks not to be as smart as my press release...

...But it is a good title  for.... a new Subject Heading..

"Burn, Baby, Burn" doesn't cut it anymore. This is only the greenhouse heat from carbon inputs 30 years ago. It's just started.

All that shit I said I was going to do this year, pretty much, got  called on account of humidity.

Here is a place to bitch about the heat...

....and heat related subjects.

There is a Monty Python joke in there somewhere that I cant quite remember, Geek away.

Offline cernunnos5

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Re: It's not the HEAT. It's the STUPIDITY
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 07:13:36 PM »
I just remembered the joke. I'm not saying. We will see who remembers first...

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 09:57:45 AM »
I just remembered the joke. I'm not saying. We will see who remembers first...

must be the #1 funeral song in England...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LmDkRRG8raU&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LmDkRRG8raU&fs=1</a>
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline cernunnos5

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 11:22:44 AM »
Nice try.... but not the one I was thinking of.

Its nice to see a few people are educated in the classics

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 01:13:30 PM »
Nice try.... but not the one I was thinking of.

Its nice to see a few people are educated in the classics

I was looking for the dead parrot skit when I saw the new material by Eric Idle.

It was either dead parrot or the the knights riding scene, forget the rest. Funny stuff.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 02:15:22 PM »
"There is nothing new under the sun. What is thought has been thought before".

Be careful about that, because you are new under the sun.  What you think may not be as magical as you think it is, and others have traveled your path perhaps.  That is all the big dog is saying.  When thinking about your thoughts some humility is good.  The advice is sound.

But thoughts can be put together with infinite variety in a world in an infinity of change to make ever new thoughts.  Part of the statement does not come from the big dog at all.  The big dog is less interested in you knowing your place than other dogs who needed to write down what the big dog might say are.  There is a bit of an implication to not think in the human translation. 

The big dog does not like that.  The big dog really does want you to think you matter.
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.