AuthorTopic: NYT Hires Editor Who Absolutely Hates "Dumbass Fu*king White People"  (Read 2577 times)

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: NYT Hires Editor Who Absolutely Hates "Dumbass Fu*king White People"
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2018, 08:23:39 AM »
Not at all Surly. Conflating your radical Left views with James Kunstler's informed centrist views would be the utter nonsense you mention.

I never conflated my views with Kunstler's. That is your particular alchemy. I am simply calling out how rightists like you call out as "radical Left views" anything to the right of Bret Baier. You spent eight years calling Obama (who governed well to the right of Nixon) some flavor of leftist when he was an anodyne, center-right Democrat.

All of which goes to point out that if you can't define your terms, you really can't have a conversation. And not only can we not agree on what words mean, we can no longer agree on what facts are.

I really don't feel that I have to argue this point anymore. I'll just watch the evidence mount, the indictments be lodged, and enjoy the sight of Lying Oedipus tear out his eyes, tweet by tweet as he sacrifices his namesake son, then those around him, all in a vain attempt to save himself.

We've already seen how the "rigged witch hunt" because of "no collusion" has become a case of, "well even if I did it, it wasn't wrong." He's already hung Donny Half-Scoop out to dry.
If Trump tried to pardon Junior, it could go wrong. First, the courts could strike down such a pardon for being an illegal act of obstruction of justice. Second, even if the federal pardon did hold up in court, Junior could then be hit with state level charges in New York, which Trump can’t pardon away. Third, even if such state charges somehow evaporated, Junior would no longer be facing legal jeopardy, meaning he could be required to testify against his father. The Fifth only protects people from testifying against themselves, not from against their relatives. In that case, if Junior refused to testify, he could then be arrested.

At the end of all this kabuki is the political reality. To date, Republicans in Congress have stood by Donald Trump quite steadfastly, for partisan reasons. But note how GOP leaders have sent unmistakable signals that refuse to allow to him to fire Jeff Sessions, or impeach Rod Rosenstein. Politically, there’s a limit at which they start to worry more about protecting themselves with the voters that many of them will be facing in November. If Trump were to pardon Junior, it would finish him politically, and it could finally push GOP leaders to throw him under the bus.

"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2018, 10:00:56 AM »
Well said. Clearly RE's categorizations of the "rich vs poor battle" make no sense.

Redistribution of wealth is generally a horrendous idea. Suffice to say it requires someone like RE to figure out who or what is worthy of everyone else's hard-earned resources.

Didn't take you long to get back to Ad Hom attacks on me here.  You couldn't even hold off a week this time before trying to make this about me rather than the topic at hand.  ::)

I never said anything about making determinations of who is worthy, or who might make such a determination.  In essence, nobody makes these determinations, because all citizens are "worthy".  If the society as a whole has enough wealth to provide food, shelter, health care and education to all its citizens, then everyone should get that before anyone gets "rich" in the relative sense of the terminology.

Redistribution of wealth is a horrendous idea?  Jesus was all for it as I recall.  Didn't he give away a lot of food at his Sermon on the Mount?  Didn't he flip over the tables of the Money Changers?  Your Chrisitanity is the Joel Osteen variety, God wants you to be rich so go for it!  Take it back over to his website, I am sure it will be wildly successful commentary.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2018, 12:34:09 PM »
Not at all Surly. Conflating your radical Left views with James Kunstler's informed centrist views would be the utter nonsense you mention.

Yeah, well Kunstler fucked up big time today when he wrote about her and did not even get her name right.  Nothing centrist about that.

Must have corrected his mistake. I didn't get there in time to catch it. Not a common problem for JHK. My favorite quote:

Also notajoke: my own assessment of The New York Times op-ed writers is probably more unfavorable than Ms. Jeong’s, but I haven’t been applying for any jobs there.

What he said. Thomas Friedman is a douchebag. I agree with Sarah Jeong on that much.

But unlike most people here, I see absolutely eye to eye with JHK on Political Correctness. No surprise to anyone who reads my rants.

My comment to liberals is that if I say it's real, and JHK says it's real, it's real. We are not the enemy. Neither one of us is a racist or a Republican. We are the voice of ancient sanity, mostly forgotten, and no longer respected.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 01:58:16 PM by Eddie »
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2018, 12:44:31 PM »

Yeah, well Kunstler fucked up big time today when he wrote about her and did not even get her name right.  Nothing centrist about that.

Must have corrected his mistake. I didn't get there in time to catch it. Not a common problem for JHK. My favorite quote:

Also notajoke: my own assessment of The New York Times op-ed writers is probably more unfavorable than Ms. Jeong’s, but I haven’t been applying for any jobs there.

What he said. Thomas Friedman is a douchebag. I agree with Sarah Jeong on that much.

But unlike most people here, I see absolutely eye to eye with JHK on Political Correctness. No surprise to anyone who reads my rants.

My comment to liberals is that if I say it's real, and JHK say it's real, it's real. We are not the enemy. Neither one of us is a racist or a Republican. We are the voice of ancient sanity, mostly forgotten, and no longer respected.

Jumping in bed with Kunstler on any topic is Risky Bizness.  Lie down with dogs, wake up with fleas.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2018, 01:17:27 PM »
Kunstler is and has been right about most things, other than timing, since the get-go. The popular sentiment that he's racist is misplaced. He is a disillusioned Democrat. One of the few really literate ones. A recovering old white male, you might say.

Almost everyone on the left immediately invokes the race card or the feminism card when called out on PC. So what? Fuck 'em. They know not of which they speak.

Where I grew up, I was exposed to plenty of real racists, and they are NOTHING like JHK, believe me.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2018, 01:21:32 PM »
Kunstler is and has been right about most things, other than timing, since the get-go. The popular sentiment that he's racist is misplaced. He is a disillusioned Democrat. One of the few really literate ones. A recovering old white male, you might say.

Almost everyone on the left immediately invokes the race card or the feminism card when called out on PC. So what? Fuck 'em. They know not of which they speak.

Where I grew up, I was exposed to plenty of real racists, and they are NOTHING like JHK, believe me.

I suggest having a few extended email conversations with him, your opinion might change.  Anyhow, K-Dog knows Kunstler the best of all of us, his opinion is usually on the mark.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2018, 01:35:28 PM »
If he's a racist, he's a closet racist. Nothing in his public writing says racist to me, and I've been reading him most weeks since 2011.

Nevertheless, I constantly hear him called a racist.

I've read almost all his books. I think he must hide his racism really well. It does not even show up in his fiction. You know him better than I do, and K-dog too. I'm only going by the public face.

Look, there are plenty of real racists. People should learn to tell the difference.

Stefan Molyneux? Probably a bit of a racist. Fred Reed ditto. Jim Quinn? Yep.

But all of those guys make some important points about mainstream racial attitudes, i.e. the absolute sham about the Democrat party and their fake diversity. They say stuff about the POLITICS of race that often rings true. Do I agree with everything they say? No. I do not.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 01:58:53 PM by Eddie »

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2018, 09:38:01 PM »

My comment to liberals is that if I say it's real, and JHK say it's real, it's real. We are not the enemy. Neither one of us is a racist or a Republican. We are the voice of ancient sanity, mostly forgotten, and no longer respected.

Jumping in bed with Kunstler on any topic is Risky Bizness.  Lie down with dogs, wake up with fleas.

RE

No lying down there or what you will get is worse than fleas.  It is a take no prisoners kind of place.  I'm not afraid to tell Kunstler he is fucked up when he is.  Pretty much did it today in fact.  Not my best post but emphatic.

http://kunstler.com/clusterfuck-nation/welcome-to-bad-faith/#comment-363265

What is actually going on is that the NY Times is ignoring the trolls who want to dis Jeong because she is Korean and a woman.  Maybe because she licks carpet too.  I don't know or care.
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2018, 09:49:52 PM »

Hi Ashvin, Find that James Howard Kunstler makes a valiant attempt to display wrongs on both ends of the political spectrum. Wish there were more like him. The silence from the Left who know better is troubling to me but my instincts tell me they are getting fed up with the antics of the sicko's and may soon start becoming vocal. Admit however, it may be wishful thinking on my part.

Hey GO,

Well there's nothing wrong with cautious optimism. I think it's possible too. It's encouraging that publications such as the NYT are dying out. They truly have nothing of value left to offer. If only the mainstream TV "news" outlets follow...

Their maniacal crazed lunatic like hatred of Trump, it appears to me to be from evil malicious destructive forces trying to hurt and divide our country has become so virulent that a return to normal rational discourse might not resume for quite a while.   :dontknow:

This is not to imply President Trump isn't a very controversial figure, worthy of much criticism to say the least. It's the mannerism of the criticism that's troublesome to me, it is anything but rational discourse.   

You make a very sensible point here, but the radical left will never admit it. They don't seem capable of recognizing that demonizing everyone who disagrees with them is a path to chaos and counter-productive to everything they pretend to stand for.

Utter nonsense.

From where the two of you sit, the "radical left" and informed center are conflated. Anything to the left of the daily caller is suspect.
So be it.
Reality has a notorious left-wing bias.

Projection at its finest...

GO and I were pointing out how people on the moderate left refuse to criticize the dangerous identity politics played by the radical left. In their minds (radical left), if you say anything positive about Trump, no matter how many times you have been critical of the clown, you are a member of the alt-right and an ignorant racist. THAT is the real conflation being made - anyone who is right of the radical left is automatically a radical alt-right conservative. The radical left leaves no room for nuanced and reasonable discussion within the moderate and centrist spheres. They just want to burn everything to the ground!

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2018, 09:59:34 PM »
Well said. Clearly RE's categorizations of the "rich vs poor battle" make no sense.

Redistribution of wealth is generally a horrendous idea. Suffice to say it requires someone like RE to figure out who or what is worthy of everyone else's hard-earned resources.

Didn't take you long to get back to Ad Hom attacks on me here.  You couldn't even hold off a week this time before trying to make this about me rather than the topic at hand.  ::)

I never said anything about making determinations of who is worthy, or who might make such a determination.  In essence, nobody makes these determinations, because all citizens are "worthy".  If the society as a whole has enough wealth to provide food, shelter, health care and education to all its citizens, then everyone should get that before anyone gets "rich" in the relative sense of the terminology.

Redistribution of wealth is a horrendous idea?  Jesus was all for it as I recall.  Didn't he give away a lot of food at his Sermon on the Mount?  Didn't he flip over the tables of the Money Changers?  Your Chrisitanity is the Joel Osteen variety, God wants you to be rich so go for it!  Take it back over to his website, I am sure it will be wildly successful commentary.

RE

There were no ad hom attacks in what I said - stop being so sensitive. You made incoherent points about the rich vs poor narrative and wealth redistribution and so I had to call them out. None of your measures or definitions made any sense, and therefore any policies you may envision for "equalizing" the playing field would be disastrous. And we haven't forgotten that you advocated numerous times to simply exterminate the "pigmen" as a solution. You, RE, are everything that is wrong with reactionary identity politics on the Radical Left - but fortunately you have no significant platform to expand your dangerous views.

Jesus never came out in favor of general redistribution of wealth, i.e. the state stealing money from those who have it and giving it those who have not earned it. It takes a real superficial and intellectually dishonest reading of the Bible to come away thinking that sort of behavior is OK.

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2018, 10:45:00 PM »

RE

There were no ad hom attacks in what I said - stop being so sensitive. You made incoherent points about the rich vs poor narrative and wealth redistribution and so I had to call them out. None of your measures or definitions made any sense, and therefore any policies you may envision for "equalizing" the playing field would be disastrous. And we haven't forgotten that you advocated numerous times to simply exterminate the "pigmen" as a solution. You, RE, are everything that is wrong with reactionary identity politics on the Radical Left - but fortunately you have no significant platform to expand your dangerous views.

Jesus never came out in favor of general redistribution of wealth, i.e. the state stealing money from those who have it and giving it those who have not earned it. It takes a real superficial and intellectually dishonest reading of the Bible to come away thinking that sort of behavior is OK.

It depends if you were being sarcastic or not.

Suffice to say it requires someone like RE to figure out who or what is worthy of everyone else's hard-earned resources.

Seems to me we all get a bit pompous and 'have the answer' from time to time around here.   I'll do it now.

Render unto Caesar what is Caesars.  The rest divide equally.  The man who toils to produce gets a slice of Caesars action.
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline Agent Graves

• Rookie
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2018, 12:19:30 AM »
If he's a racist, he's a closet racist. Nothing in his public writing says racist to me, and I've been reading him most weeks since 2011.

Nevertheless, I constantly hear him called a racist.

I've read almost all his books. I think he must hide his racism really well. It does not even show up in his fiction. You know him better than I do, and K-dog too. I'm only going by the public face.

Look, there are plenty of real racists. People should learn to tell the difference.

Stefan Molyneux? Probably a bit of a racist. Fred Reed ditto. Jim Quinn? Yep.

But all of those guys make some important points about mainstream racial attitudes, i.e. the absolute sham about the Democrat party and their fake diversity. They say stuff about the POLITICS of race that often rings true. Do I agree with everything they say? No. I do not.

Kunstler is racist towards Palestinians for sure, Im wondering if he praised Trump for moving the Embassy to Jerusalem, like his Son in law Damien who runs Trumps building at no.666.

http://www.thehypertexts.com/images/Jared%20Kushner%20Damien%20Thorn%20Omen.jpg

Stefan Molyneux's standard white supremacist schtick on IQ and race is wrong.  They are barking up the wrong tree by basically assuming because a wolf or fox doesnt do well in obedience training it is not as smart as a house pet.  Those low IQ illegal immigrants  built Machu Pichu and made the Nazca lines, let anyone smarter than them tell us how. Normative comparison is gospel to neurospychological evaluation, because an illiterate can perform better on the extremely taxing Stroop Test, than someone at the tail of the distribution above the mean on IQ. Try finding someone actually schooled in psychometrics and cognitive function, who says IQ testing across cultures ISNT meaningless.
Junior  Operative, FBI Counter-Doomsdaycult Taskforce

Offline Agent Graves

• Rookie
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2018, 12:36:25 AM »

What is actually going on is that the NY Times is ignoring the trolls who want to dis Jeong because she is Korean and a woman.  Maybe because she licks carpet too.  I don't know or care.

Did the guy who said she could be cured by submitting to a white man, get hit by a truck along the road to Damascus?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 01:00:45 AM by Agent Graves »
Junior  Operative, FBI Counter-Doomsdaycult Taskforce

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Welcome to Bad Faith - Kunstler
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2018, 04:22:23 AM »
Tell it like it is James. :emthup: :emthup: :emthup:

Welcome to Bad Faith - Kunstler

Clusterfuck Nation
For your reading pleasure Mondays and Fridays

Support this blog by visiting Jim’s Patreon Page

Surely last week this foundering nation finally reached Peak Social Justice Warrior Bullshit with The New York Times hiring of genocide-for-white-people advocate Sarah Jeong, 30, as an op-ed writer on tech matters. Apparently, one angle of the tech world Sarah Jeong overlooked was the mile-wide Twitter trail of messages she left over the past ten years declaring that white people should be “canceled out,” “made to live underground like groveling goblins,” or this pungent one from the Reinhard Heydrich playbook: “Oh man it’s kind of sick how much joy I get out of being cruel to old white men.”

When this big glob of shit hit the Internet fan, The Times’s HR department cranked out the pathetically lame explanation that Ms. Jeong was merely “mirroring” or “counter-trolling” malicious tweets she had received over the years, “imitating the rhetoric of her harassers.” That left the old newspaper and its readers gratified for a day or too… until a whole new bale of Sarah Jeong tweets was discovered dissing The New York Times and virtually all of its other op-ed writers in the most opprobrious terms.

She wrote: “After a bad day, some people come home and kick the furniture. I get on the Internet and make fun of The New York Times.” “I don’t feel safe in a country that is led by someone who takes Thomas Friedman seriously.” “Hannah Rosin shatters ceiling by proving women writers can be as hackish as Tom Friedman, too.” “[David] Brooks is an absolute nitwit tho.” “Notajoke: I’m being forced to read Nicholas Kristof. This is the worst.” “if I had a bajillion dollars, I’d buy the New York Times, just for the pleasure of firing Tom Friedman….”

So far, The Times hasn’t even deigned to respond to this sticky discovery. Good luck with your new colleagues, Sarah! And enjoy your new desk next to the furnace in the second sub-basement of 620 Eighth Avenue! Also notajoke: my own assessment of The New York Times op-ed writers is probably more unfavorable than Ms. Jeong’s, but I haven’t been applying for any jobs there.

This is what comes of sending a young person to Berkeley and Harvard these days, where they are given super-extra brownie points for dumping on white people, and men especially. The insane diktats of the faculty get funneled from the ivory tower straight into the “Newspaper of Record,” and so it is on the record now that nobody can trust The New York Times to analyze world and national affairs in good faith, in particular on matters of race and gender. The paper’s old motto, “All the News That’s Fit to Print,” has changed to “Anything Goes and Nothing Matters.”

President Trump was in error when he stated recently that “the media is [are] the enemy of the people.” Not quite so. They are the enemy of the truth, and their handling of the Sarah Jeong fiasco proves it. In the spirit of the day, the story will probably disappear from the American hive-mind after this week, because that’s how we roll now in a country where the Grand Inquisitors are not held responsible for their turpitudes.

But if the Jeong affair does represent Peak SJW BS, the hubris of The Times in this embarrassing decision may presage its extinction. It will be interesting to see what the company’s next move will be. For the moment, it looks like they have no next move, except to pretend that the Sarah Jeong episode doesn’t matter.

The news situation in the USA is pretty dire. The Internet has killed off the old print media, sure enough, but it has also killed off the principles of institutional authority in reporting the events of our time — which is to say, the grounds to believe what you read and see. It’s especially bad at the local level where every small-town newspaper has been driven into the ground and we learn almost nothing about what is going on in the places where we live, where daily doings actually affect our lives most.  :'( :(

Correction: In the initial publication, I misspelled Ms. Jeong’s name as Leong. Corrected.

http://kunstler.com/clusterfuck-nation/welcome-to-bad-faith/ :icon_study: :icon_study: :icon_study: :icon_study:

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2018, 04:42:57 AM »
Seems to me we all get a bit pompous and 'have the answer' from time to time around here.   I'll do it now.

Render unto Caesar what is Caesars.  The rest divide equally.  The man who toils to produce gets a slice of Caesars action.

I may have implied that no redistribution of wealth should take place, which is not what I believe. It takes an abundance of caution and discipline when developing and implementing such policies. Those are exactly the two traits the radical activists lack.

We all know the clear language markers of when the right goes too far - it starts talking about racial/ethnic superiority. The left goes too far when it starts talking about "equity" or equality of outcome.