AuthorTopic: NYT Hires Editor Who Absolutely Hates "Dumbass Fu*king White People"  (Read 2569 times)

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: NYT Hires Editor Who Absolutely Hates "Dumbass Fu*king White People"
« Reply #180 on: August 12, 2018, 09:51:13 AM »
So far absolutely no one has supported your view that a radical left doesn't exist.

I explicitly said there is no radical left inthe FSoA, or what there is of it is very small and ineffectual.

RE

Usually "support" of a view comes with some measure of substantive argument including evidence. Surly managed that, you didn't. I'll be generous and count you as 0.25, though.

It should be pretty obvious by now, even to you, that absolutely no one here with the possible exception of GO shares your atavistic and regressive views. Eddie expresses a distaste for SJW's, but makes a cutout for stupidity, which you don't.

Baron Bodissey's joint is over there, to the right. The far right. You'll find likeminded company there, and at The Burning Platform, another cesspool of right wing hate.

Bon Appetit!  :icon_sunny:

Are you reading anything people here have been writing?
 Karpatok for ex, the only female voice here, completely disagrees with your ignorant denial of a radical left presence with real devastating influence. So does Eddie who written extensively about it, all of which you seem to ignore. Also Agent Graves and K Dog.to.a certain extent.

What are you smoking man? The echo chamber force is strong with this one.

Dream on. The only "real devastating influence" Karpatok has is on her continued ability to make posts to this board at all, moderated or no. Unlike you, I have seen the rest of her body of work.

She is also certainly NOT the only female voice on this board. Read for comprehension.

If you want to join in as she makes her case for anti-Semitism, racism and white nationalism, climb on. Ironies abound.

"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 12, 2018, 10:50:32 AM »

The more important question as I see it is; what will be the possibilities of thought control?  Aside from the threat of A1 taking over, at what point will the more powerful force the implantation of thought control devices by law? At this time the far left, spewing its constant invectives and spittle flecked directives would seem in the future to be the most enthusiastic supporters of such chaining up of the imagination and thought processes. In other words, will one even be free to "like" or "dislike" even if not spoken about?  At what point do we all become mindless automatons unable not only to speak but to even discern characteristics that may be desirable or undesirable to us as the case may be.

This is what I for one find most frightening and deplorable, that is if any survive "The Fire Next Time".

Exactly. We already see the radical left attempting to control the "permissible" language in certain domains, which, as you eloquently point out, is nothing less than "chaining up of the imagination and thought processes". It is quite literally the first step to tyranny.

We see this in Canada with Bill C-16 in the context of the Ontario Human Rights Commission, which, despite what its defenders claim, is a clear step towards compelled speech and compelled acceptance of social constructionist gender theories. And let's not forget the unabashedly anti-scientific propaganda of the Gender Unicorn which is being foisted upon young children:

The radical left wants us to believe that all of the above vectors are socially constructed and therefore are causally independent from one another. Nothing could be farther from the truth. But don't worry, I'm sure Surly will claim this is just another alt-right projection and nothing to worry about...

Thank you for the kind words, Ashvin, but I don't deserve them. My concerns and confusion leave me far from eloquent, ever.

If I am not mistaken, wasn't Jordan Peterson fired from the University of Toronto for refusing to use the demanded politically correct numerous gender identifying pronouns cooked up by these people who have taken a sworn oath for defending their invented theory of gender being a social construct? Isn't this happening everywhere at most liberal universities now? Did JP even have tenure after all these years? Is tenure now part of the extinct species of free speech and inquiry as the academic world has slid back into the period of the Inquisition? So then please inform stupid me, Ashvin, what really was the meaning of the so called Enlightenment, a two edged sword of course, that it would finally lead to this travesty of truth, that truth is not handed down from on high, from the realm of everlasting universals, but resides instead in the basest assortment of base desires, arising from every kind of concupisance according to the vilest individuality such as is the majority in a leveling of society?

One of the most disturbing experiences I had before leaving California for fairer climes, besides the weekly confrontations with really vicious in your face ugly lesbians in Berkley, was a discussion with a young woman leaving for Boston University to do graduate work in "gender studies" determined that all gender was in actuality extremely fluid. And no argument from reputable doctors no longer willing to perform transgender operations for the simple reason that operations do not relieve "gender dysphoria" and too many patients still wind up committing suicide, had any effect on her belief system nor did the reality of a program of lifelong truckloads of opposite sex hormones necessary to keep up the facade and the illusion. Mon Dieu, what kind of parent would submit their child to a life of such horror? But in actuality, the society now being willing to revert to child sacrifice, Satanism, the selling of children to offenders is to me all of the same piece, along with abortion of course. So here we are. And I have woefully digressed too much, I realize. We have come full circle from when the ancient Hebrews were commanded by God to abstain from the child sacrifice practised by all the tribes at that time, and still allowed by many today, to allowing those practises in modern disguise today in reality to service all forms of the lowest hedonism and self and other abuse.

Please offer another interpretation if you wish. I have given mine and do not know what can be done to turn back the destruction of three thousand years of moral and spiritual development. Thank you.

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 12, 2018, 10:50:38 AM »
I think it was just delayed. I see no quarantined posts on this thread. Sorry for that, but Karpatok has earned the right to be moderated.

She's lucky she wasn't banned outright, given some of  the rants occasionally posted in the past by her evil twin. Let's not get the Diner FOS argument cranked up. That's an old gambit, and the mods have been clear on the rules here. Play by them or take your political football and go home.

I am well aware of her rants in the past, some of which were directed against me, but people.can change. If she's been following JP that's good evidence. She has made some great points in this thread.

I don't care to make FOS a big deal I. regards to this forum. Whatever is happening within online forums is of course small potatoes to the real threat against FOS on the far left on university campuses. You know it's a problem when stand up comedians wont even take paid gigs at colleges anymore.

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 12, 2018, 11:16:34 AM »
I'm with you on that.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 12, 2018, 11:30:50 AM »

Have  a nice vacation!  Stay as long as you like!  Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 12, 2018, 11:59:22 AM »
               If I am not mistaken, wasn't Jordan Peterson fired from the University of Toronto for refusing to use the demanded politically correct numerous gender identifying pronouns cooked up by these people who have taken a sworn oath for defending their invented theory of gender being a social construct? Isn't this happening everywhere at most liberal universities now? Did JP even have tenure after all these years? Is tenure now part of the extinct species of free speech and inquiry as the academic world has slid back into the period of the Inquisition? So then please inform stupid me, Ashvin, what really was the meaning of the so called Enlightenment, a two edged sword of course, that it would finally lead to this travesty of truth, that truth is not handed down from on high, from the realm of everlasting universals, but resides instead in the basest assortment of base desires, arising from every kind of concupisance according to the vilest individuality such as is the majority in a leveling of society?

He wasn't fired. Fortunately it's people like him, and things like the Lindsay Sheppard affair, and technological advances, which expose the leftist corrupted academia to a point at which they no longer seem to have the option of simply getting rid of the voices they disagree with. Now their favorite tactic is to lump all critical and disagreeable voices into an alt-right racist, sexist, etc. category, which we see on full display here as well. If they were to confront the reality of what's happening around them, it would destroy a deep ideological foundation which they have identified with most of their adult lives. In all sincerity, it's a very tough ask of people in our culture, but then again no one here should shy away from the hard swallow of the red pill.

One of the most disturbing experiences I had before leaving California for fairer climes, besides the weekly confrontations with really vicious in your face ugly lesbians in Berkley, was a discussion with a young woman leaving for Boston University to do graduate work in "gender studies" determined that all gender was in actuality extremely fluid. And no argument from reputable doctors no longer willing to perform transgender operations for the simple reason that operations do not relieve "gender dysphoria" and too many patients still wind up committing suicide, had any effect on her belief system nor did the reality of a program of lifelong truckloads of opposite sex hormones necessary to keep up the facade and the illusion. Mon Dieu, what kind of parent would submit their child to a life of such horror? But in actuality, the society now being willing to revert to child sacrifice, Satanism, the selling of children to offenders is to me all of the same piece, along with abortion of course. So here we are. And I have woefully digressed too much, I realize. We have come full circle from when the ancient Hebrews were commanded by God to abstain from the child sacrifice practised by all the tribes at that time, and still allowed by many today, to allowing those practises in modern disguise today in reality to service all forms of the lowest hedonism and self and other abuse.

Please offer another interpretation if you wish. I have given mine and do not know what can be done to turn back the destruction of three thousand years of moral and spiritual development. Thank you.

As the postmodernist philosophers say, there are uncountable interpretations of any given set of facts. But there are only a few functional ones, and I'd say yours is a very helpful one.

One of the most astounding dissonances (and hypocrisies) on the far left is their rejection of established science when it comes to gender issues, or biology and social psychology in general. Again, it's a situation where they must EITHER reject the science or abandon their ideological framework, and people have a very tough time doing the latter. It's much a deeper problem than that of a conservative rejecting climate science, because there is no fundamental contradiction between politically conservative views and the reality of climate change or AGW.

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 12, 2018, 02:20:13 PM »

He wasn't fired. Fortunately it's people like him, and things like the Lindsay Sheppard affair, and technological advances, which expose the leftist corrupted academia to a point at which they no longer seem to have the option of simply getting rid of the voices they disagree with. Now their favorite tactic is to lump all critical and disagreeable voices into an alt-right racist, sexist, etc. category, which we see on full display here as well. If they were to confront the reality of what's happening around them, it would destroy a deep ideological foundation which they have identified with most of their adult lives. In all sincerity, it's a very tough ask of people in our culture, but then again no one here should shy away from the hard swallow of the red pill.

As the postmodernist philosophers say, there are uncountable interpretations of any given set of facts. But there are only a few functional ones, and I'd say yours is a very helpful one.

One of the most astounding dissonances (and hypocrisies) on the far left is their rejection of established science when it comes to gender issues, or biology and social psychology in general. Again, it's a situation where they must EITHER reject the science or abandon their ideological framework, and people have a very tough time doing the latter. It's much a deeper problem than that of a conservative rejecting climate science, because there is no fundamental contradiction between politically conservative views and the reality of climate change or AGW.
              Ashvin, could you possibly speak to how you see the big picture of the ideological framework which you say these people hold, and also importantly from whence it arose and how it took root. I have a couple of ideas that I have garnered, but I may just be jousting at windmills as I have tried to come to an understanding and make some sense of it all. It would truly be appreciated if that were possible..

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 12, 2018, 04:43:54 PM »
We have come full circle from when the ancient Hebrews were commanded by God to abstain from the child sacrifice practised by all the tribes at that time, and still allowed by many today, to allowing those practises in modern disguise today in reality to service all forms of the lowest hedonism and self and other abuse.

The cultural disdain for our foundational spiritual narratives certainly fuels a lot of this. There's a lot of the eat, drink and be merry attitude going on here. People on the left don't like to be told anything worth pursuing in life is difficult. That straight is the gate and narrow is the way which leads to life. Especially the so-called activists who find it much easier and convenient to talk about tearing down the established hierarchies instead of offering up their share of personal responsibility in making them function more fairly. They'd rather be Cain than Abel.

Specifically on the transgender front, it's an easy way for young children living in the BIG ME world of social media to get instant attention. You are absolutely right about the parents who don't teach their children that attention seeking and social recognition is not a solution to life's problems. It doesn't help that Bruce Jenner changes to Caitlyn Jenner and immediately becomes TIME's person of the year, gets the Arthur Ashe courage award and what not. The idea that the LGBT...XYZ movement is made up of people freely and knowingly "coming to terms" with who they are really is a farce.

The reason why they need to force their ever-expanding pronouns on society is because, unlike most language which evolves naturally, these words would never catch on.

Offline Agent Graves

• Rookie
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 12, 2018, 11:41:28 PM »

Specifically on the transgender front, it's an easy way for young children living in the BIG ME world of social media to get instant attention. You are absolutely right about the parents who don't teach their children that attention seeking and social recognition is not a solution to life's problems.

Schools are insisting that teachers do not need to inform parents what their childs gender is, ashvin, but you can rule out the one that is the most shamed.
Junior  Operative, FBI Counter-Doomsdaycult Taskforce

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #189 on: August 13, 2018, 02:09:28 AM »

The highlight is mine.  That as the saying goes

As doomers we can be tolerant and accepting of individual differences but imagining that sex identification is a choice not subject to biology and only a product of the mind is a pleasant delusion no doubt, but one we can't share.  With the same delusion we could wish CO2 out of the air, oil in the ground and we could have our have all our enemies suffer from an interminably itchy butt.  But if we did any of that we would not be doomers anymore.

The message should be it is OK for you to be different but you don't get to change societies rules to suit your personal sexual proclivities.  Live and let live. 

I compare the situation to blog censorship.  A blog owner can do anything he/she wants on their own blog and to say they can't is an infringement on their liberties.  If they censor posts on their own blog that is their right.  Nothing prevents a contrarian from starting their own blog or forum and exercising their own rights in exactly the same way.

This is basic libertarianism but since it is so basic it is not restricted to libertarianism alone.  All philosophies which respect freedom would conclude the same.  My rights stop where yours begin and yours stop where mine begin.  The typical American claim that freedom is to do whatever you want is a childish and naive notion because unbridled freedom is tyranny which respects nobody else.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 02:13:59 AM by K-Dog »
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline Agent Graves

• Rookie
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 13, 2018, 03:30:13 AM »

The highlight is mine.  That as the saying goes

As doomers we can be tolerant and accepting of individual differences but imagining that sex identification is a choice not subject to biology and only a product of the mind is a pleasant delusion no doubt, but one we can't share.  With the same delusion we could wish CO2 out of the air, oil in the ground and we could have our have all our enemies suffer from an interminably itchy butt.  But if we did any of that we would not be doomers anymore.

The message should be it is OK for you to be different but you don't get to change societies rules to suit your personal sexual proclivities.  Live and let live. 

I compare the situation to blog censorship.  A blog owner can do anything he/she wants on their own blog and to say they can't is an infringement on their liberties.  If they censor posts on their own blog that is their right.  Nothing prevents a contrarian from starting their own blog or forum and exercising their own rights in exactly the same way.

This is basic libertarianism but since it is so basic it is not restricted to libertarianism alone.  All philosophies which respect freedom would conclude the same.  My rights stop where yours begin and yours stop where mine begin.  The typical American claim that freedom is to do whatever you want is a childish and naive notion because unbridled freedom is tyranny which respects nobody else.

Care to explain the foto, or does it explain a few things?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 03:33:35 AM by Agent Graves »

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #191 on: August 13, 2018, 04:12:10 AM »

The cultural disdain for our foundational spiritual narratives certainly fuels a lot of this. There's a lot of the eat, drink and be merry attitude going on here.

I couldn't agree more. The disdain for "foundational spiritual narratives" is certainly evident.

Matthew 6 14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Luke 17 3 So watch yourselves. If your brother or sistersins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent, forgive them. 4 Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying I repent, you must forgive them.

Colossians 3 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

We have Nazis in the streets, a Liar in Charge who prevaricates electronically a dozen times a day, an utter perversion of the rule of law by a party which controls three branches of government but which embraces none of the responsibility, and the right fringe's highest and best priority is to complain somewhere that gay and transgendered people are being accepted somewhere.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Not any more. Do unto them first.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 13, 2018, 04:36:46 AM »

Exactly. Anyone who tries to claim this is just about compassion or fairness for people who are different is leaving out a HUGE part of the story. The third act where there is absolutely no tolerance for intellectual freedom. Ideological conformity is a must. Laws which recognize any gender differences must be abolished. Scientific research which cuts against the ideological dogma must be outlawed.

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 13, 2018, 05:07:05 AM »

We have Nazis in the streets, a Liar in Charge who prevaricates electronically a dozen times a day, an utter perversion of the rule of law by a party which controls three branches of government but which embraces none of the responsibility, and the right fringe's highest and best priority is to complain somewhere that gay and transgendered people are being accepted somewhere.

The presidency is not a culturally or politically powerful or important position. It hasn't been for a long time. The most dangerous power he has is to wage undeclared wars in other parts of the world, which he actually has not done yet.

Nazis don't run anything, anywhere in this country. They are pathetic little ideologues who have so little power they resort to driving cars into crowds to express themselves. If we lived in Europe, it would be a bigger concern, and so would the things they are terribly reacting to.

Because there aren't liberal "news" crews roaming the halls and classrooms of universities, you believe there is nothing happening there worth thinking about. That entire generations of future political and cultural influences are being taught to be anti-men, anti-white, anti-competence, anti-science and anti-freedom of thought and speech. They are taught that "social justice" and "political activism" is only achieved through an ideological framework of unbridled hate, bitterness and resentment.

Proverbs 27:3 "A stone is heavy and sand is weighty, but the resentment caused by a fool is even heavier."

It's pure intellectual laziness on your part, Surly.

Offline Agent Graves

• Rookie
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 13, 2018, 05:21:19 AM »

The cultural disdain for our foundational spiritual narratives certainly fuels a lot of this. There's a lot of the eat, drink and be merry attitude going on here.

I couldn't agree more. The disdain for "foundational spiritual narratives" is certainly evident.

Matthew 6 14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Luke 17 3 So watch yourselves. If your brother or sistersins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent, forgive them. 4 Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying I repent, you must forgive them.

Colossians 3 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Not any more. Do unto them first.

Nobody opens the blinds to look at nazis in the street because of too much crying wolf about it. Almost all politicians are liars and Democrat lies are not automatically all white lies if they serve to get them into power, which they evidently do not. I say there is a left, because you say there is a right which you oppose, it is therefore nonsense to say there is no left. That is just a transparent ploy to make the outrageous seem normal and ANY objection to it extremist or radical right.

By making opposition to forcing trans on children and denying parents the right to know, equated with the right, it follows that forcing it on them is the left. Giving them puberty blockers based on shaming primarily males but secondarily cisgender, before puberty, when boys and girls do not yet have much dimorphism so are not as sure of being male or female as they would at 14.  Causing irreversible changes to be a lifelong freak with a suicide rate off the chart, instead of your natural development and identity for the vast majority. This is not a good thing just because its of the left. Banning the use of "girls and boys" as well as "ladies and gentlemen" also is a far cry from 'some trans and gay people being accepted somewhere'. Controlling 3 branches of govt due to being percieved the lesser evil compared to that, doesnt seem like a fringe to me. At the current rate of desertion, it is the MSM like CNN and its print cohorts that are becoming fringe. Apparently it cant muster a million viewers in prime time, yet AJ just got almost 6 million new subscribers to his newsletter in 48 hrs. Are they all stupid or are they just tired of being treated as such?