AuthorTopic: NYT Hires Editor Who Absolutely Hates "Dumbass Fu*king White People"  (Read 1428 times)

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
Re: NYT Hires Editor Who Absolutely Hates "Dumbass Fu*king White People"
« Reply #210 on: August 13, 2018, 10:00:23 AM »

One of the most astounding dissonances (and hypocrisies) on the far left is their rejection of established science when it comes to gender issues, or biology and social psychology in general. Again, it's a situation where they must EITHER reject the science or abandon their ideological framework, and people have a very tough time doing the latter. It's much a deeper problem than that of a conservative rejecting climate science, because there is no fundamental contradiction between politically conservative views and the reality of climate change or AGW.

The highlight is mine.  That as the saying goes

As doomers we can be tolerant and accepting of individual differences but imagining that sex identification is a choice not subject to biology and only a product of the mind is a pleasant delusion no doubt, but one we can't share.  With the same delusion we could wish CO2 out of the air, oil in the ground and we could have our have all our enemies suffer from an interminably itchy butt.  But if we did any of that we would not be doomers anymore.

The message should be it is OK for you to be different but you don't get to change societies rules to suit your personal sexual proclivities.  Live and let live. 

I compare the situation to blog censorship.  A blog owner can do anything he/she wants on their own blog and to say they can't is an infringement on their liberties.  If they censor posts on their own blog that is their right.  Nothing prevents a contrarian from starting their own blog or forum and exercising their own rights in exactly the same way.

This is basic libertarianism but since it is so basic it is not restricted to libertarianism alone.  All philosophies which respect freedom would conclude the same.  My rights stop where yours begin and yours stop where mine begin.  The typical American claim that freedom is to do whatever you want is a childish and naive notion because unbridled freedom is tyranny which respects nobody else.

What's to explain.  I thought I hit the nail on the head.
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #211 on: August 13, 2018, 10:03:01 AM »

One of the most astounding dissonances (and hypocrisies) on the far left is their rejection of established science when it comes to gender issues, or biology and social psychology in general. Again, it's a situation where they must EITHER reject the science or abandon their ideological framework, and people have a very tough time doing the latter. It's much a deeper problem than that of a conservative rejecting climate science, because there is no fundamental contradiction between politically conservative views and the reality of climate change or AGW.

The highlight is mine.  That as the saying goes

As doomers we can be tolerant and accepting of individual differences but imagining that sex identification is a choice not subject to biology and only a product of the mind is a pleasant delusion no doubt, but one we can't share.  With the same delusion we could wish CO2 out of the air, oil in the ground and we could have our have all our enemies suffer from an interminably itchy butt.  But if we did any of that we would not be doomers anymore.

The message should be it is OK for you to be different but you don't get to change societies rules to suit your personal sexual proclivities.  Live and let live. 

I compare the situation to blog censorship.  A blog owner can do anything he/she wants on their own blog and to say they can't is an infringement on their liberties.  If they censor posts on their own blog that is their right.  Nothing prevents a contrarian from starting their own blog or forum and exercising their own rights in exactly the same way.

This is basic libertarianism but since it is so basic it is not restricted to libertarianism alone.  All philosophies which respect freedom would conclude the same.  My rights stop where yours begin and yours stop where mine begin.  The typical American claim that freedom is to do whatever you want is a childish and naive notion because unbridled freedom is tyranny which respects nobody else.

Care to explain the foto, or does it explain a few things?

What is to explain.  I thought I hit the nail on the head.  It can be a dangerous thing to do.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 10:05:20 AM by K-Dog »
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 13, 2018, 10:11:00 AM »
Perhaps you can explain why your bedmate, Surly, is exempted from all COC rules.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 10:18:12 AM by K-Dog »

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #213 on: August 13, 2018, 10:16:33 AM »

Be afraid, be very afraid.  The absurdity of our times hums like an overloaded transformer in the middle of the night.  One push from tiny Asian woman and it is all over.  The Russian narrative wears thin and this is the new distraction.  Really?

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #214 on: August 13, 2018, 10:25:43 AM »
Perhaps you can explain why your bedmate, Surly, is exempted from all COC rules.

Karpatok may be wondering where the rest of her post went.  I deleted it because everything except what I let through (90%) was a clear violation of CoC rules.  My regret in deleting the violations the way I did is that other admins might not be able to see what I deleted.  That being the case, should it happen again I'll shitcan the violating post and then pull the piece out of the trash that I need to quote should I desire to do so.  Live and learn.

Why did I do it this way.  So Karpatok gets the damn point.  I am not the member of the team she was insulting.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 10:31:57 AM by K-Dog »

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 13, 2018, 10:29:39 AM »

Nobody opens the blinds to look at nazis in the street because of too much crying wolf about it.

Guess you missed charlottesville. Which should disqualify you from further comment. Tell it to Susan Bro.

Almost all politicians are liars and Democrat lies are not automatically all white lies if they serve to get them into power, which they evidently do not. I say there is a left, because you say there is a right which you oppose, it is therefore nonsense to say there is no left. That is just a transparent ploy to make the outrageous seem normal and ANY objection to it extremist or radical right.

Try to keep up. IN this country, the right has its own TV networks, almost all of AM radio not already hijacked by religious broadcasters, publishign houes cranking out books by retrograde authors to give away as spiff with subscriptions, its own lobbies, and an unfathomably deep well of funding. IN this country, all mass media are by definition corporate, and there a large number of left-wing voices who never get air and are never heard.

You are positing a false equivalency. It does NOT "automatically follow." That's an assertion as meaningless and empty as, "Both sides do it."

By making opposition to forcing trans on children and denying parents the right to know, equated with the right, it follows that forcing it on them is the left.

Who's doing this, again? I raised a daughter by myself and I never had this problem. And who is forcing what on whom? Tolerance for differences?

Giving them puberty blockers based on shaming primarily males but secondarily cisgender, before puberty, when boys and girls do not yet have much dimorphism so are not as sure of being male or female as they would at 14.  Causing irreversible changes to be a lifelong freak with a suicide rate off the chart, instead of your natural development and identity for the vast majority. This is not a good thing just because its of the left. Banning the use of "girls and boys" as well as "ladies and gentlemen" also is a far cry from 'some trans and gay people being accepted somewhere'.

Again (and again) this is an issue only in the fevered reaches of a few disgrunted neofascists who, since they have ALL of the power, have to find a new and exotic grievance.

Controlling 3 branches of govt due to being percieved the lesser evil compared to that, doesnt seem like a fringe to me. At the current rate of desertion, it is the MSM like CNN and its print cohorts that are becoming fringe. Apparently it cant muster a million viewers in prime time, yet AJ just got almost 6 million new subscribers to his newsletter in 48 hrs. Are they all stupid or are they just tired of being treated as such?

If you're following Alex Jones, you are stupid. Write it in ink.
[/quote]

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 13, 2018, 10:59:26 AM »

I can.

He runs the forum and has to put up with a lot of cheap bullshit from the peanut gallery. Plus he's the heir apparent to this whole site, if the current admin becomes unable to keep on keeping on. Plus, I know him, like him, and trust him. He might be a liberal, but he's the same liberal every day. And he supports his arguments with good data.

This post of yours, as you know, is in clear violation of the CoC too. You might ask why I put up with your crap. The answer is that you sometimes make very good comments. I'd recommend sticking to that, because this path you're on now leads to permanent banishment, and no telling how upset your internet BF GO would be about that. We'd have to ban him too, and we don't really want to ban anybody.

Want to go for broke? Double down? Make this into another pissing contest?

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 13, 2018, 11:18:51 AM »

Nobody opens the blinds to look at nazis in the street because of too much crying wolf about it.

Guess you missed charlottesville. Which should disqualify you from further comment. Tell it to Susan Bro.

Almost all politicians are liars and Democrat lies are not automatically all white lies if they serve to get them into power, which they evidently do not. I say there is a left, because you say there is a right which you oppose, it is therefore nonsense to say there is no left. That is just a transparent ploy to make the outrageous seem normal and ANY objection to it extremist or radical right.

Try to keep up. IN this country, the right has its own TV networks, almost all of AM radio not already hijacked by religious broadcasters, publishign houes cranking out books by retrograde authors to give away as spiff with subscriptions, its own lobbies, and an unfathomably deep well of funding. IN this country, all mass media are by definition corporate, and there a large number of left-wing voices who never get air and are never heard.

You are positing a false equivalency. It does NOT "automatically follow." That's an assertion as meaningless and empty as, "Both sides do it."

By making opposition to forcing trans on children and denying parents the right to know, equated with the right, it follows that forcing it on them is the left.

Who's doing this, again? I raised a daughter by myself and I never had this problem. And who is forcing what on whom? Tolerance for differences?

Giving them puberty blockers based on shaming primarily males but secondarily cisgender, before puberty, when boys and girls do not yet have much dimorphism so are not as sure of being male or female as they would at 14.  Causing irreversible changes to be a lifelong freak with a suicide rate off the chart, instead of your natural development and identity for the vast majority. This is not a good thing just because its of the left. Banning the use of "girls and boys" as well as "ladies and gentlemen" also is a far cry from 'some trans and gay people being accepted somewhere'.

Again (and again) this is an issue only in the fevered reaches of a few disgrunted neofascists who, since they have ALL of the power, have to find a new and exotic grievance.

Controlling 3 branches of govt due to being percieved the lesser evil compared to that, doesnt seem like a fringe to me. At the current rate of desertion, it is the MSM like CNN and its print cohorts that are becoming fringe. Apparently it cant muster a million viewers in prime time, yet AJ just got almost 6 million new subscribers to his newsletter in 48 hrs. Are they all stupid or are they just tired of being treated as such?

[/quote]. Please someone explain. How does such a sincere, intelligent, analyst and knowledgable poster such as Agent Graves, deserve this kind of treatment and rude retort? And every damn time without end. Whoever is running this should be grateful for a thinker and commentator of her caliber! I don't even understand why she is here!

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 13, 2018, 11:24:07 AM »

[/quote].
                Why would you call what Agent Graves has written here "cheap bullshit" Eddie? What are you smoking?

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 13, 2018, 12:14:17 PM »
I wasn't specifically referring to Agent Grimes, for one thing. I was referencing you and GO.

But Alex Jones, no matter how many pitiful idiots out there think he's great, is a pathological liar and someone who deliberately stirs up the shit. First he did it to get fame, back in the day, Now he does it for money too. He creates a clear and present danger to the public with his made-up lies and borrowed conspiracy theory drivel, and he should be shut down before he provokes another shooter like he did in DC.

If there were as much skullduggery going on in the world as he makes out, his throat would have been cut in his sleep long ago.

Which wouldn't bother me in the slightest, btw. I am not empathetic toward the Jones family. I didn't like Jim and I don't like Alex. May the Globalists eat his liver with a bowl of Fava beans and a bottle of dry Chianti.

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #220 on: August 13, 2018, 12:25:58 PM »
I wasn't specifically referring to Agent Grimes, for one thing. I was referencing you and GO.

But Alex Jones, no matter how many pitiful idiots out there think he's great, is a pathological liar and someone who deliberately stirs up the shit. First he did it to get fame, back in the day, Now he does it for money too. He creates a clear and present danger to the public with his made-up lies and borrowed conspiracy theory drivel, and he should be shut down before he provokes another shooter like he did in DC.

If there were as much skullduggery going on in the world as he makes out, his throat would have been cut in his sleep long ago.

Which wouldn't bother me in the slightest, btw. I am not empathetic toward the Jones family. I didn't like Jim and I don't like Alex. May the Globalists eat his liver with a bowl of Fava beans and a bottle of dry Chianti.

Looked it up Alex is the son of an Austin dentist.  Small world.  Ií m coming around to agreeing performance artists like Alex donít help the comprehension of doom.  Another would be McPherson.

Online Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #221 on: August 13, 2018, 12:35:24 PM »

I can.

He runs the forum and has to put up with a lot of cheap bullshit from the peanut gallery. Plus he's the heir apparent to this whole site, if the current admin becomes unable to keep on keeping on. Plus, I know him, like him, and trust him. He might be a liberal, but he's the same liberal every day. And he supports his arguments with good data.

This post of yours, as you know, is in clear violation of the CoC too. You might ask why I put up with your crap. The answer is that you sometimes make very good comments. I'd recommend sticking to that, because this path you're on now leads to permanent banishment, and no telling how upset your internet BF GO would be about that. We'd have to ban him too, and we don't really want to ban anybody.

Want to go for broke? Double down? Make this into another pissing contest?

I have been off-line all day, and Iím reading this on my phone while waiting forever in a doctors office.

If youíre scoring at home, Carpet talk earned her  next ban by emailing Ashvin  to complain about  The lack of white glove concierge service in re moderation. I have not checked the admin bin yet, but if what he says is true, yet another violation would make her a four time loser.

Go ahead, Carpet Talk. Double down. I will ban your ass with gusto.

Looking forward to your next post.

The world is full of places that welcome right wing fuckwittery. This ainít one of them.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 01:25:17 PM by Surly1 »
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 13, 2018, 01:10:16 PM »
I'd recommend sticking to that, because this path you're on now leads to permanent banishment, and no telling how upset your internet BF GO would be about that. We'd have to ban him too, and we don't really want to ban anybody.

Here I am again being thought of so highly. This time I'm threatened out of the blue for actions that haven't even happened but are surmised by the fair and friendly speaker. Talked about in what he is perceiving in mind to be a slight towards me and the lady.

For your information Edward, I'm proud to be a friend of Karpatok or any of the Diners who seek some comradery. That's one of the reasons I came here and remain here, to build a good relationship with a lot of wonderful folks who surmised like me something was terribly wrong out there. The fact that I'm considered her Boy friend makes that particular relationship something special.

Thanks for pointing out our special friendship to the forum and for thinking about me.

Hi Karpatok, Thinking about you Sweet Stuff. Seems "Everybody Knows" Cuddle Cakes.    :-* :-* 

GO Special.  Live Tribute To Leonard Cohen - Norah Jones.

Done up slow and Jazzy for fans of the very special Norah!

Norah Jones - Everybody Knows tribute to Leonard Cohen @Live

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JYoEgPYpAp0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JYoEgPYpAp0</a>

« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 01:42:01 PM by Golden Oxen »

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 13, 2018, 01:47:15 PM »

Looked it up Alex is the son of an Austin dentist.  Small world.  Ií m coming around to agreeing performance artists like Alex donít help the comprehension of doom.  Another would be McPherson.

And I thought it was weird when my kid became an artist. There are several dentists named (the name you found).... in this area. Not sure which one spawned that paranoid idiot, but I hope he was an only child.

Online Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 13, 2018, 01:54:28 PM »
You're both much more concerned with your own feelings and how this site is run (not to your standards obviously) than you are about anything having to do with collapse.

You squared off against me already, GO, so don't be surprised if I no longer go to bat for your whiny butt.

I think the site could live without either one of you elderly internet warriors. Why don't you get together and play some bridge or something?

Everybody knows alright. You got that right.