AuthorTopic: One Reason People Like Fox News  (Read 84 times)

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
One Reason People Like Fox News
« on: August 15, 2018, 11:59:11 AM »
Or more to the point, the reason they trust Fox News, which isn't a good thing in my book, is because of the way the traditional media outlets act as the willing tool of the PC Police.

At lunch I listened to both Democrat and Republican commentators on NPR fall all over themselves making damn sure they came down on the PC side of this one. Both agreed. If he said it, it's a Bad Thing, a Real Bad Thing......

It's such an obvious "Gotcha" moment. I have no idea if some tape exists where The Donald uses the N word. But the truth is that I don't care, because it isn't  the least bit relevant to much of anything other than it might offend the sensibilities of a lot of blacks and their self-appointed political watchdogs.

Trump voters, and most other regular people (other than college professors and the SPLC, and a bunch of trained-monkey journalists) know that practically every white male over 40 has used the N word at some time or another, usually in the course of repeating  some tasteless joke (like former Secretary of Agriculture Earl Butz, who lost his job over it years ago now.) I even remember the joke, although I'm far too sensitive myself to repeat it, of course.  :)

But everybody has to pretend it's shocking and such a terrible breach that it might be grounds for....I'm not sure what it might be grounds for....maybe widespread public apoplexy, to hear the way the media talking heads cluck and shake their fingers. As if no one ever used such an offensive word when they though nobody was listening.

I won't get into the further argument, the one that might point out that black people ALL use the N word, because they have a special dispensation, cuz White Privilege. Don't try to school me. I've heard it before.

It's what Trump says in public that matters. And it matters most since he started running for President, not from when he was a callow youth (or even when he was a callow adult, for that matter.) I can't help but laugh my ass off about this situation....where there is SO much consternation that he MIGHT have once made a racial slur, yet nobody seems to care that he made umpteen millions off Russian oligarchs seeking to wash their ill-gotten dollars.

Now, my impression is that Trump is a closet racist, or maybe an out-of-the-closet racist....but this N-Word tape is a tempest in a teapot.

Sanders 'can't guarantee' Trump hasn't used the n-word, but hasn't heard him do it
Kevin Liptak-Profile-Image
By Betsy Klein and Kevin Liptak, CNN

Updated 4:15 PM ET, Tue August 14, 2018

CNN)As President Donald Trump faced allegations of racism and cruelty on Tuesday, his press secretary stepped to the White House podium to deny only one of those charges.

Briefing reporters for the first time in weeks, Sarah Sanders insisted Trump was not using racially coded language when he disparaged a disgruntled former aide, who is African-American, as a "dog."
But her defense -- that Trump has insulted people of all races, not just African-Americans -- only underscored how the President and his aides have embraced his caustic attitude.
"The President's an equal opportunity person that calls things like he sees it," Sanders said. "He fights fire with fire."
New tape shows Trump campaign aides discussing possibility of N-word tape
New tape shows Trump campaign aides discussing possibility of N-word tape
The explanation came amid a string of defenses against charges made in Omarosa Manigault Newman's new memoir, "Unhinged," which portrays the President as racist and lewd.
One of the most explosive claims in Manigault Newman's book, which was released on Tuesday, involved a possible tape of Trump using a racial epithet. Existence of the tape has not been verified.
Asked Tuesday whether the President had ever used the N-word, Sanders would not definitively say, instead referring reporters to a tweet.
"The President addressed that question directly," she said, adding: "I've never heard him use that term or anything similar."
Trump tweeted Monday: "I don't have that word in my vocabulary, and never have. She made it up."
Pressed specifically on whether any recording of the President using the racial epithet exists, Sanders said: "I can't guarantee anything, but I can tell you that the President addressed this question directly."
She maintained that Trump is someone who is "fighting for all Americans," and that his policies are helpful "particularly for African-Americans," citing African-American unemployment statistics.
Trump and his allies have launched an all-out assault on Manigault Newman's character, led by the President himself on Twitter.
Play Video

Sanders: Trump's Omarosa insult not about race 00:45
"When you give a crazed, crying lowlife a break, and give her a job at the White House, I guess it just didn't work out," he wrote on Tuesday morning, one of nine tweets or retweets from his account on the subject.
"Good work by General Kelly for quickly firing that dog!" he said.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
 When you give a crazed, crying lowlife a break, and give her a job at the White House, I guess it just didnít work out. Good work by General Kelly for quickly firing that dog!

6:31 AM - Aug 14, 2018
87.1K people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Sanders claimed Tuesday that Trump's description of his former aide as a "dog" had "nothing to do with race and everything to do with the President calling out someone's lack of integrity."
The "dog" comment was one of many insults the President has used to describe prominent African-Americans. He has denigrated Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters, NBA star LeBron James and CNN anchor Don Lemon just in the last two weeks.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/14/politics/sarah-sanders-trump-nword/index.html
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 12:18:06 PM by Eddie »
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.