PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Death of the Dollar

AuthorTopic: Death of the Dollar  (Read 462 times)

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Death of the Dollar
« on: February 11, 2019, 08:20:05 AM »
Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated

-------- Mark Twain

Screen Shot 2019 02 11 at 9 36 14 AM
Screen Shot 2019 02 11 at 9 36 14 AM

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Death of the Dollar
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 08:23:28 AM »
Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated             

As I have said many times before, the Euro and the Yen will collapse before the dollar.  Renminby and Ruble also in all likelihood.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline AJ

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 10:13:33 AM »
I understand the Euro and Yen (huge debt to GDP ratio) AND maybe the Chinese currencies, but why the Ruble. My understanding (and I'm first to admit it is somewhat limited) is that Putin is walking away from dollar hegemony and is storing more and more gold to back up the Ruble. Explain it to me Obi Wan. :icon_mrgreen:
AJ
Nullis in Verba

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 03:27:49 PM »
I understand the Euro and Yen (huge debt to GDP ratio) AND maybe the Chinese currencies, but why the Ruble. My understanding (and I'm first to admit it is somewhat limited) is that Putin is walking away from dollar hegemony and is storing more and more gold to back up the Ruble. Explain it to me Obi Wan. :icon_mrgreen:
AJ

Sorry it is taking so long to get to answering this question AJ, but my Cripple Helper was scheduled in for today and we had an excursion to make, more about that later also.  I spent some Big Bucks today on a new Prep device!  :icon_sunny:

Right now I am recuperating from the day's excursions, but will get with updating the Diner in a little bit.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 06:39:59 PM »
AJ

Of all the currencies in real terms, the Ruble probably has the best net underpinning in real resources, and a relatively low and still decreasing population base.  However, both it and Renminby suffer from a similar problem, which is a banking and credit system even MOAR corrupt than the Western Illuminati system, and moreover is tied to it for valuation.  The Ruskies loading up on Gold instead of UST's is a waste of time, IMHO. It's never going to leave the storage vaults it has been esconced in, and it's not really useful for internatiional trade, you need a credit system for that, not a bunch of gold paperweights.

The Chinese and the Ruskies are TRYING to set up a clearing system for credit that can work against the hegemony of the BIS, but so far the amount of trade being cleared through this system is miniscule.  I don't think they can ramp it up before we get a full on monetary system collapse, which will decimate both those currencies in short order.  This is JMHO of course, and I am not a Ph.D. Economista so you can take it with a few grains of freshly ground Sea Salt.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline AJ

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 05:35:01 AM »
AJ

you can take it with a few grains of freshly ground Sea Salt.

RE
Thank you oh Obi Wan, Pink Himalayan Sea Salt Right?
AJ
Nullis in Verba

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 05:42:04 AM »
AJ

you can take it with a few grains of freshly ground Sea Salt.

RE
Thank you oh Obi Wan, Pink Himalayan Sea Salt Right?
AJ

Too expensive.  I usually just buy a generic coarse sea salt in a grinder from McCormick.

RE
Save As Many As You Can