• Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« on: August 31, 2018, 02:10:57 AM »

youtube-Logo-4gc2reddit-logoOff the keyboard of RE

Follow us on Twitter @doomstead666

Friend us on Facebook

Published on the Doomstead Diner on August 31, 2018

Discuss this article at the Frostbite Falls Table Inside the Diner

It's my 61st Birthday today!  Happy Birthday RE!

Longtime readers of the Diner may have read two prior Birthday Celebration articles I wrote on "BIG" Birthdays numerologically speaking, my 55th and 60th Birthdays.  I didn't think 61 had much numerological significance other than being a Prime Number, but according to the Numerology Experts it is very meaningful.

Number 61 Meaning

Image for numerology 'Number 61 Meaning' article

61 is a number of introspection and family.

Pinterest Pin Button

The numerology number 61 is a number of introspection and family. It is studious, mentally sharp, and resonates with balance and harmony.

The energy the number 61 represents tends to be nurturing of family and close friends. It also tends to be somewhat protective. And tends to have an idealistic vision.

61 analyzes what it does and observes the effects it creates and notices effects that weren't created as they were expected to. It determines reasons why and changes its approach accordingly.

61 constantly acquires knowledge of and about itself and its experiences.

The energy represented by the number 61 is perpetually accumulating wisdom about itself and it's family and friends.

Social gatherings are seen as opportunities to interact with others and observe the social dynamics — people's actions and reactions in groups and the ambiance of the gathering.

61 can discuss anything. It generally prefers subjects about learning, family, health, harmony, and spiritual or scientific philosophies.

The energy the number 61 represents tends to be introspective, yet with an inquisitiveness that brings it out to experience the world.

It prefers free conversation rather than confrontation, and openness rather than self-centeredness.

There's a lot more about 61 if you go to the website, but in synopsis here, it's a pretty good analysis of RE at age 61.  Not that I am a big believer in Numerology but it's interesting to make the comparisons between what such things say and your own life.  Also true of stuff like Astrology and Enneagrams.

More prosaically on the physical end, 61 sees my Meat Package descending further into decrepitude, making even simple tasks most people do on a daily basis a constant battle for me.  I have managed to find work-arounds for most things, and my latest project is to get my own Cripple Lift for my Bugout Machine SaVANnah, a full size raised roof V-8 conversion van.  I found a used one at a good price on CL, now I just gotta find somebody who will mount it for me.  I think I can gety this whole job done for $1500.

I also need to get my teeth (what is left of them) further fixed up in some manner, and the same old problem of Dental Criminal Racketeers here in the FSoA still plagues our society.  So it looks like I will need to arrange yet another trip down to Old Mejico to get some more work done there.  I'm looking at Winter for that, a Vacation in Mejico at a Resort Hotel in mid-winter Alaska would be a nice break, and fully paid for by not handing over the money to Amerikan Dental Criminal Racketeers.  However, that means I gotta make it through a few more months with a HUGE hole in what is left of my teeth in the front of my mouth, which makes me look even more like a stinky homeless person.  Oh Well.

Bottom line here though, I am on Bonus Time and have been for quite some time.  I never expected to live as long as I have, if I did I might have taken better care of the Meat Package. lol.  How many more Birthdays will I get past 61?  I have no idea, but for now, anytime the Grim Reaper knocks on my door, I don't surrender easily.  I will leave this world the same way I came into it: kicking and screaming.

See you all on the Other Side.

Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: 61
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 04:38:39 AM »
61 laps around Father  :icon_sunny:

Good dawg, have a biscuit  :icon_mrgreen:
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 05:22:58 AM »
Happy Birthday, you old sod.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Agent Graves

• Rookie
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 06:19:58 AM »
61 is really a nothing number that gets reduced to 7, but if youre engaged in introspection and family now anyway, thats great.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 06:37:30 AM by Agent Graves »
Junior  Operative, FBI Counter-Doomsdaycult Taskforce

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 06:59:21 AM »
Of all the occult arts, numerology is probably the silliest. But we were up in Alaska on 8-18-18, and I couldn't help but notice it seemed like some kind of auspicious date. That's what too much superstition leads to....seeing significance in in phone numbers and social security cards

All the good astrologers have moved on to Human Design. LOL.

Offline Digwe Must

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 08:30:03 AM »
RE

MANY happy returns.  Stay with us.  Stay gnarly.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2018, 08:59:45 AM »
RE

Oh, count on it. He doesn't have any other speed!
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 09:44:14 AM »
RE

Oh, count on it. He doesn't have any other speed!

Too true.  I am a one gear kind of guy, full speed ahead, pedal to the metal.  ;D  Engage!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3jd1Ih8EUmw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3jd1Ih8EUmw</a>

When I go, I am going full speed into the brick wall.  No slowing down.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2018, 10:00:46 AM »
At least you'll be doing it with a valid driver's license.

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2018, 11:06:21 AM »
It can easily be done, on Highway 61.

Oh God said to Abraham, “Kill me a son”
Abe said, “Man, you must be puttin' me on”
God say, “No.”
Abe say, “What?”
God say, “You can do what you want, Abe, but
The next time you see me comin' you better run”
Well Abe says, “Where you want this killin' done?”
God says, “Out on Highway 61”

Well Georgia Sam he had a bloody nose
Welfare Department they wouldn’t give him no clothes
He asked poor Howard where can I go
Howard said there’s only one place I know
Sam said tell me quick man I got to run
Old Howard just pointed with his gun
And said "That way, down Highway 61"

Well Mack the Finger said to Louie the King
I got forty red, white and blue shoestrings
And a thousand telephones that don’t ring
Do you know where I can get rid of these things?
And Louie the King said "Let me think for a minute son"
And he said "Yes, I think it can be easily done
Just take everything down to Highway 61"

Now the fifth daughter on the twelfth night
Told the first father that things weren’t right
"My complexion" she says "is much too white"
He said "Come here and step into the light"
He says "Hmm you’re right
Let me tell the second mother this has been done"
But the second mother was with the seventh son
And they were both out on Highway 61

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2018, 11:16:10 AM »
It can easily be done, on Highway 61.

Dylan got pretty beat up in that crash, but he lived.  I'll make sure of the outcome.  The 300' Car Launch Cliff in Glacier Falls seems like a good bet.  :icon_sunny:  I've been there for that.  It's a great 4th of July thing to do here on the Last Great Frontier.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KbMYzMUu06Q" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KbMYzMUu06Q</a>

RE
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 11:23:16 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Agent Graves

• Rookie
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2018, 03:28:54 PM »
Of all the occult arts, numerology is probably the silliest.

Haaaayyy... I dont think you have studied it or applied observations. Just like there is a full astrological chart and there is 'your day by the stars' where 1 in every 12 people will meet a handsome stranger or travel is in their cards or need to be careful etc, there is meaningless junk and there is serious science.

I recommend 'Mark Gruners Numbers of Life' if you can get your hands on it. That system uses DOB, you have day number and Life path number. I figured the Monty Python answer to the meaning of life being 42 may be because that is the maximum number your DOB can add up to (29/12/1999). In reality that just reduces to 6. (4+2). The only double digit numbers used are the master numbers, 11, 22 and 33. I read a book on a system ascribing numbers to letters of the alphabet and working from your name which was also mindblowing.

if RE was born on 01/09/1957 his day number is 1 and life path number is 5. A long time since I read up and could give you more detail, but what I basically know is number 1 is usually not tall but strong and energetic, and I know he was a gymnast so that fits. Also 1 is very headstrong and doesnt listen to others much, mmhmm.

On life path 5, what I know doesn't seem to fit too well, but that can be the influence of the 1. 5 is anything but direct, is very social and often doesnt say what they really think, more inclined to try and go along with the other, as appearing foolish is a big concern for the 5. "dancing round the rim of the teacup" is one of the ways it was described in the book. My mother is a 5 so I know that applies but also can be very opinionated and totally direct in delivering that at other times. They need to get away on vacation or have a complete change of scene quite regularly compared to people who never go anywhere or always go to the same place. They hate routine boredom, are the life of the party and are open minded. You decide.

now draw a grid like in noughts and crosses or tic tac to. on the vertical lines work down with 1 in the top left, 2 in the middle left, 3 in the bottom left, finishing with 9 in the bottom right. fill in all the numbers. U see there is a line of numbers 159 running top left to bottom right in fact everyone born in the 1950s will have it. that is called an arrow when u have a line of 3 numbers and is a strength. a void of numbers on any line is a weakness. I cant remember what it means so will try look it up as I dont have my book here.

I. The Arrow of Determination
The arrow is made up of the diagonally placed numbers 1, 5 and 9.
In case Number 4 is missing from the charts of such people, it is likely that they may have a flying, ravaging temper.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 03:57:53 PM by Agent Graves »
Junior  Operative, FBI Counter-Doomsdaycult Taskforce

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2018, 07:41:19 PM »
You know that we always write the month first on birthdays. I wonder if that changes one's destiny?

My birthday is 11/25/1955 and my son was born on 11/28/1988.  I aways thought that had an interesting sort of rhyming thing going on.

Numerology and the Tarot are not things I've explored much.