PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Crazy Weather

AuthorTopic: Crazy Weather  (Read 90664 times)

Offline cernunnos5

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy Weather
« Reply #720 on: February 13, 2019, 07:05:54 AM »
I thought I would send a note in case we lose internet. The storm only hit this morning. It did cancel an important interview MrsC5 had today. Hopefully we get another.

Prepping included.... nothing. We are Adapted. OK. We charged up the batteries. I really should have got beer though. :evil4: No beer for C5 this round.

Maybe I should post Adapters part 4... to give snow locked people something to read. Hum

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: February 13, 2019, 07:10:29 AM »
I thought I would send a note in case we lose internet. The storm only hit this morning. It did cancel an important interview MrsC5 had today. Hopefully we get another.

Prepping included.... nothing. We are Adapted. OK. We charged up the batteries. I really should have got beer though. :evil4: No beer for C5 this round.

Maybe I should post Adapters part 4... to give snow locked people something to read. Hum

You don't brew your own?  I am shocked. lol.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: February 13, 2019, 07:28:28 AM »
Global warming still happening in Tejas.. It'll be 87F on Friday.

Maybe I can get the dock finished, anyway. I was only able to work on it one day last weekend due to the bitter (#sarcasm) 40F cold Friday through Sunday.I didn't get close to finished.

Screen Shot 2019 02 13 at 9 17 42 AM
Screen Shot 2019 02 13 at 9 17 42 AM
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline cernunnos5

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: February 13, 2019, 07:29:13 AM »

It's now up. Enjoy.   https://darkgreenmountainsurvivalresearchcentre.wordpress.com/2019/02/13/c5-defines-the-adapters-movement-in-four-parts-part-iv-triage/

Offline Nearingsfault

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy Weather the clean up begins
« Reply #724 on: February 13, 2019, 08:08:10 AM »
So its still coming down here we are up to 12 inches. Fossil fuels sure help with the clean up. 45 minutes of snowblower work and its as if it never happened. Less than 2 litres of fuel burnt. A well tuned up snowblower is a good prep. I want to gasify it but maybe ill find an older one to experiment on first.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6sVe0FZjHC8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6sVe0FZjHC8</a>

If its important then try something, fail, disect, learn from it, try again, and again and again until it kills you or you succeed.

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: February 13, 2019, 08:20:18 AM »

It's now up. Enjoy.   https://darkgreenmountainsurvivalresearchcentre.wordpress.com/2019/02/13/c5-defines-the-adapters-movement-in-four-parts-part-iv-triage/

I just skimmed your Adaptation part 4, and must say you have put a lot of thought into this preparing for the real collapse of society. I can envision so many different scenarios that could bring us down. I think that civil unrest will be the first wave of collapse, a massive interruption of BAU. Then the implementation of Marshall law.  Then rationing to those who comply, death to those who don't.
  Personally i do not prep at all. But I have farmed for 30 years, and live on 23 acres in the forest, and broad growing fields. I don't worry about death, because death is almost god.
HUMANS ARE STILL EVOLVING! Our communities blog is at https://openmind693.wordpress.com

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 13, 2019, 09:22:59 AM »
So its still coming down here we are up to 12 inches. Fossil fuels sure help with the clean up. 45 minutes of snowblower work and its as if it never happened. Less than 2 litres of fuel burnt. A well tuned up snowblower is a good prep. I want to gasify it but maybe ill find an older one to experiment on first.

If he won't upgrade his Mercedes to a 4WD model, K-Dog should get one of those!

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Nearingsfault

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 13, 2019, 09:41:11 AM »

RE
if it's like Vancouver the whole city just stops and waits for 2 days knowing the rains will wash it all away.
If its important then try something, fail, disect, learn from it, try again, and again and again until it kills you or you succeed.

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: February 13, 2019, 10:01:45 AM »

Martial Law

Marshall Law

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 13, 2019, 10:02:07 AM »

RE
if it's like Vancouver the whole city just stops and waits for 2 days knowing the rains will wash it all away.

That would normally be the case in Seattle, but I think K-Dog has been trapped for almost a full week now.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #730 on: February 13, 2019, 10:17:48 AM »
Very impressive, David.

Living in Virginia we have no need of snowblowers, and even a snow shovel is overkill. Except when you need one. But on a trip to my wife's home town of Buffalo so,me years ago, a January snow dumped 15 inches on the city. I get up early and went to put the coffee on, and the streets are already cleared. Buffalo has it down; they are pros.

Of course then the denizens have to dig out their walks, driveways, and cars. This is when  I learned that if I lived in Buffalo, owning a snowblower would be a sacrament. This also illustrates why so many Buffalonians have large families. More youthful hands to grab shovels and do the shoveling. And one of the happy consequences of indoor sports during long winters.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #731 on: February 13, 2019, 10:30:12 AM »
I don't buy new cars.  Never have.  Maybe the guy across the street will sell me his.  One way to meet him.

I called the city about getting the cul-de-sac plowed but I was told only streets get cleaned.  I have to shovel sixty feet of city road so I can go to work tomorrow.
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #732 on: February 13, 2019, 10:32:32 AM »

RE

That would normally be the case in Seattle, but I think K-Dog has been trapped for almost a full week now.

RE

Yes but not a whole week.  Five days so far.
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 13, 2019, 12:21:27 PM »
I don't buy new cars.  Never have.

Buy a "Pre-Owned" one from the Mercedes Dealer like your current ones.  They have been making that SUV for a few years.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: February 13, 2019, 12:32:30 PM »
Some of the SUV's are made in the US, and the quality is not as good as the ones from der Deustcheland, like the E Class cars.